2K Games Xmas Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by italodance, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Anyone played Bioshock on iPad Air 2?

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Debating picking up a few of these but nervous that they're not for casual gamers. I had XCOM UI and thought it was pretty good but got rid of it before I got too deep because I wanted the space back on my 5S (too many pics on my phone).

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Has 2K announced they will no longer be supporting the initial Enemy Unknown release or are you just assuming the worst? It makes sense 2K pulled the version they consider inferior to streamline new sales and avoid confusion whicb does not necessarily mean early adopters are left
    hanging. The fact a game is not publically sold does not mean the build cannot be updated. For example, some developers use App Store codes to let people download betas not yet for sale - I have seen those get updated for existing users despite not being accessible for sale.

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I think the problem is that 2k hasn't made any sort of announcement either way. So people are left to assume the worst.

I think this type to issue is going to grow over time. It's unsettled if it's expected for developers to support Apps into perpetuity. Of course that seems unrealistic but I think users should have to have some sort of understanding how long an app will be supported.

5. Perseus

Perseus Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Don't get NBA 2K. It runs and plays terribly and don't get me started on how bad 2K is at keeping updated and fixed.

6. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Does NHL work with MFi?

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Enemy unknown should be in your purchased list. And enemy within IS NOT inferior.

8. StealthDawg

StealthDawg Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    So if you already have Enemy Unknown is Enemy Within a true expansion and a different game? I don't want to buy the Same game twice.

9. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Yes, I know it stays in the purchased list, but it is not guaranteed it will stay like that forever.
    Moreover, an app that has been removed cannot be updated through the appstore any further.

10. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    It's a stand-alone game. It uses different maps and has a few extras that the first game didn't have. Otherwise, it's a very similar experience.
    I am just pissed because the first game is an inferior version of the newer one...

11. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

From 2K's faq..
    It's worth the purchase.

12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm confused now. Does Enemy Within contain the content for Enemy Unknown? Or are they two separate games with different story lines? I thought it was just an expansion.

13. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

It's the same game with a bunch of new content and features. It is worth the purchase enemy within is just better overall.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    In the case of Xcom it is still on App Store just not publically accessible to new purchasers so could still be updated.

15. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    How strange. Thanks for the info. I'm putting it on my to buy list then. Too many games and too little time & money.

16. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Come on guys hello?!!

17. Senile Felines

Senile Felines Active Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I actually want to do this for Enemy Unknown -> Enemy Within. Problem is, it's no longer on the App Store, and clicking on Enemy Unknown in "Purchased" is a dead loading screen. How can I make this so?

18. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #38 Mess, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    Check the full thread, probably answered in there...

Edit - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=245941searched in there and it does
    Appear to have controller support.

Next time use a bit of common sense rather than waiting for the answer to be spoon fed to you ;)

19. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Bro i knew that but i heard it doesn't work good therefore i wanted to know more.

20. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Not quite what you question was though :)

Either way probably best to post in there as I that will be were people playing it will see the question :D