2K Games Xmas Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by italodance, Dec 23, 2014.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    [​IMG]

Civ Rev 2 – $14.99 → NOW $7.99
    BioShock – $10.99 → NOW $4.99
    XCOM: Enemy Within – $12.99 → NOW $6.99
    NHL 2K – $7.99 → NOW $3.99
    NBA 2K15 – $7.99 → NOW $3.99

Damn I purchased BioShock yesterday.

2. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Is bioshock any good on iphone 6?
    Is it as choppy and blurry as on 5s?

3. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Not so good on my iPhone 5 but playable.should be better on 5S.

Damn I lost 6 USD because of that.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How is Revolutions 2? Even $8 seems inflated at a glance, am I overlooking something?

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I would say you are correct on that. Unless you are a huge fan of that kind of game.

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I'd like to know too...

7. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    For $8, it's quite a steal actually. It's a port from 360. Honestly, if you're in to strategy games, get it. Oh, i also prefer if you have an iPad air. It looks and plays beautiful.

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Damn Wediaform, spending my money, lol. Just kidding, thanks! Love them strategy games.

9. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    £2.99 for BioShock.

I paid £10.99 back when it first came out on iOS.

10. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    When IOS games go on sale, they're either tiny but for expensive/more then a couple bucks games, or big ones :D

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think you can still report and get a full refund, then just buy it again to get at a discounted price. Bad practice, but if you think it wasnt worth paying in full...

12. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    2K might get some more of my money this Christmas then... Had to decide between nba 2k15 and bioshock earlier, so I may pick
    Up bioshock in the sale :)

13. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I am actually pissed with 2K for the treatment they gave to customers that bought XCOM: enemy unknown. The app was premium price and was then pulled. This means we get an inferior version of the same game (XCOM: enemy within) and it will also never get updated again. I really feel cheated on that one!!!

14. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I hope Bioshock looks better on iPad Air 2.

15. El_Cid

El_Cid Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Romania
    Ouch!
    Didn't know that.
    I wanted to buy XCOM and Bioshock with this Christmas sale, but I won't if thats how they treat their customers.

16. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I am not proud, but I just snatched com.
    Even after I stated,the 2k approach to the xcom incident was bad.
    But it's the best strategy I know on the app store

17. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ι bought xcom as well. There are not many GOOD turn based strategy in ios with depth as this also thank GOD is not again in WW2 themes, etc.
    It's premium and it has taken a lot of positive attention to the forums from what I have read some weeks ago. I know that some XCOM EU has been pulled off the appstore but this game I think is better than EU. It's true that some stages have been removed but it's uncompressed 3,2gb and it has so many other things added as new content. You can't satisfy all the customers. If you will read the reviews, you will understand. I believe it's one of the best strategy games out there. :)

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It may not be the best pratice at first glance, but it's actually better that way.

If they didnt pull the EU, there would be 2 XCom apps, one has the expansion, the original doesnt. There would be a lot more complaints that way if people buy the original and missing out on the expansion. The expansion contains the core game, but is missing a few maps.

Just think of the expansion as a premium paid one, and what they did actually doesnt look all that bad... Unless those who complained about the original being pulled were just looking for a free expansion, then that's a different story.

19. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Actually, I am more pissed about the first game not being updated anymore. What happens the next time ios gets updated and a bug/crash/incompatibility occurs? It will never get fixed...
    I will have basically paid premium price for a useless game...

20. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    Random question guys, I recently refunded a game I got for a buck, I got a verification email saying my refund was accepted but my Itunes balance didn't change so I didn't receive the money. My I tunes account isn't linked to a credit card, I buy Itunes cards and use them, so maybe thats why they didn't refund me? It has been a couple of hours, how long does it take to receive the money does anyone know? or was I supposed to receive the money instantly and I should contact them? first time getting a refund, thanks for any input guys.