Universal 2K DRIVE (By 2K Sports)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Jun 9, 2013.

1. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    New Update

2K Drive: The British Are Coming!

"Fasten your seatbelts, because 2K Drive got a new British themed update! Now fans can enjoy an assortment of new content within the game, including a selection of UK manufactured vehicles, new events, and more!!!"

2. MrJayden

MrJayden Active Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Singapore

..that's all? How much does this cost?

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Has someone got a suggestion for control set up? I love everything about the game but have difficulty controlling the car. It seems to stray easily and corners are a nightmare to turn and try and keep up with the field.

4. BillytheKid

BillytheKid Member

Sep 10, 2013
    that's all?

5. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Still crashes on ipad mini. Gold still seems to be doled out too conservatively. I purchased the VIP pack. With the little amount of gold being handed out, new cars will be almost impossible to buy, without using more IAP. I spent $17 on this game already. How is this a premium game?

I loved this for the first week. Then gold dried up, the bugs became harder to ignore. When will those issues be addressed?

6. OmnipotensZitro

Sep 19, 2013
    It is 154 Gold for the four new vehicles. I have been at level 50 for a long time. I just completed the 1 new single player event with beast and only got 5 gold. I am glad I bought the VIP in the very beginning. But it shows how bad gold is to come buy. If I didn't get the VIP, I would honestly need to but IAP for gold just so I could go forward with the game.

I truly love this game! The cars, the graphics, the physics, the feel. But gold is ruining this game. It needs to be a lot easier to get.

If gold is not fixed soon, I foresee it as the reason this game fails.

7. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I agree wholeheartedly. This had/has the chance to be the best representation of Sim racing on iOS. I'd hate to see this game fail over greed.

8. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I also agree. The pricing on the IAP isn't anywhere near as greedy as RR3 but with the gold drying up relatively quickly this game almost requires you to spend real money to keep playing. In RR3 there is always the option to replay events and keep on leveling as tedious and slowly as that may occur.

I prefer the general gameplay of this game. It has more variety and customization as well as a more robust physics engine. But I'm quickly losing favor with it as it's price tag implied that it was not a freemium-like game and yet, in the end, it might be one of the most restrictive.

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just as an FYI for those interested, you don't get the new cars free if you bought the VIP pack. That Jaguar looks nice!

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Same, I'm not coming back to this as much these days... I'll give the new update a try though.

11. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    yea , every game contains OPTIONAL IAP. nowadays , I suggest u quit these bullshit before u even try the game

12. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    yea , every game contains OPTIONAL IAP. nowadays , I suggest u quit these bullshit before u even try the game

13. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I don't have an ideal setup either, but I found out you can change your steer sensitivity while you're in a race. I set it to 1 (lowest) and it's somewhat improved my control.

I'm also using touch controls (controls B), with traction/stability/ABS on and brake assist/steer assist off. Would like some advice on these settings.

14. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    How much cars are in this game?

15. I tried to download the new update but it failed, what is new?

16. MisterEcoli

MisterEcoli New Member

Jul 19, 2012
    The daily challenge gold prizes have been increased and the number of rivals you need to beat to earn gold has come down a lot.

17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    New events and cars, two Landrover Evoques , Vaxhaul Astra, and the new Jaguar XF

18. OmnipotensZitro

Sep 19, 2013
    I applaud the Dev's for listening to the community! Daily challenges gold has increased and beating rivals for gold is a lot better!

I have a lot of hope for this game for the foreseeable future!

A suggestion for multiplayer interface. When we click on the the multiplayer tab, the first page should show options to select/filter classes. So all we have to do is select the the class, then it will show up all the races in the classes.

Another thing I would like to see in multiplayer, is a leaderboard/ranking for the number of 1st place times, top 10, etc.

IAP should be more than just gold. Should include NEW special cosmetic options(paint, wheels, decals, etc) limited to the IAP you bought. Example, if I buy the 5 dollar IAP, it would include a special paint job(exclusive with that IAP) I could use on my vehicles(still need to use in game currency to use/or not(just an idea)). Then the 99.99 would include all the exclusive items from all the low IAP price points. The game will not become pay to win or play. More on the lines of getting a collectors edition of the game.

That's just me rambling on! Keep up the great work!

19. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Glad finally purchased this ,no lag, no crash ,iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.2 ,btw looks like you dont need to grab IAPs anymore,you can get new cars step by step via getting more coins

20. #400 Connector, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Wow, I am shocked. Did the game update and ios 7.0.2 update on my ipad 3, I was pleasantly surprised.

There was a ton of work done on this update.

The graphics now on the ipad 3 version look good, the framerates much improved.

But the main thing for me is the handling is good now. Before it was a fishtailing mess. Now feels alot like grand prix legends, tighter handling and less of that aweful fishtailing, and feeling like one was driving on an ice skating center.

Good job devs, really nice update.

This update really has changed the game alot, at least on the ipad 3.

I recommend the game now.

The biggest strength of this game is the variety, and now that the handling and graphics have improved so much, it has become fun to play for me.