Universal 2K DRIVE (By 2K Sports)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Jun 9, 2013.

1. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Oh hey techguy I am °Evate. See if you see me on the events.
    Check yesterdays one and I placed 4th in it.

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Oh man well done! I only asked cause I thought Id gone to number 1 but then realized it was on my friends list and I was like 100 or something.

3. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    How to choose 2 perks? People have two I think. I am in 6th place and can't get faster then 3:22:303

4. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I think you can only do one boost but some people have an upgrade installed also. Upgrades are permanent enhancements while boosts just work for one race. So you can have one of each installed on the car.

5. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    I appreciate the nod but honestly you guys are just as quick. I'm having a hard time beating you as well.

6. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    So you buy the car and upgrade it to the highest you unlocked and select boost?

7. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    Yup, I think that's how it works. But I haven't applied any of the permanent upgrades as they are a tad expensive on gold. I generally use a stock car but occasionally will add an acceleration boost if the event is tough.

8. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Same for me. If you scroll down quite a ways, you will see an indy car event. Try that one. Very fun.

9. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    I've been tempted to by the formula car to run those. I didn't buy the VIP pack yet so I don't yet own that car.

10. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I didn't buy the vip pack either. Its 81 coins :). Im first in the indy events besides one. Im working on it.

11. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I've been contemplating this one for a while now too. I have a feeling that the game's grinding will become mundane like GranTurismo5, unless I get the VIP pack to have the ability to participate in more challenges. That's $17 for a "beta" game. I have a feeling that if I buy it, the next day it will go to free or $0.99 because of the negative reviews. Even worse, the IAP and timers change as well because of it going free. It's only a $7 investment but it's a risky one at that. What to do????

12. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    None of that is true. Have you played any project gothem racing games for xbox at all? They have car packs in there. I almost have all the cars by doing events. You do the campaign and race non-stop. There isn't really any timers you have to wait for. If you have enough stars you can skip the timers. What I am trying to say is the timers are not mandatory. You make tons of stars per race. If you damage your car down to 6% you just pay around 210 stars. There are events you don't even need a required car to race. They give you a stock car to race. Lots of people beat the people that have upgraded car, same as the stock car but you get to upgrade the other one if you buy it.

All in all this game is amazing. I am having so much fun. I haven't been off my iPad all day it seems like. Just playing the game.
    If your a racing fan, you will pick this up.

13. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    30 more minutes and a new daily event starts :).
    Everyone should view the end of the daily event. Watch the top 10 race.
    I am in 6th position.

14. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    alright, alright! Gonna try it.

15. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    :) have fun.

16. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    How does this game compare to Asphalt 8? Can anyone tell me what cars are in this?

17. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    If you scan back to page 14-15 or so in this thread you'll find some posts I made to fully describe the game in comparison to A8.

Bottom line is I need to warn you this game is nothing like A8. This is a true driving game with much more advanced physics and therefore the cars are a lot harder to handle. Anyone who's sole experience with racers is The Asphalt or the Need for Speed games may be very frustrated with this one.

Right now it's also got a very limited selection of about 25 cars from Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Nissan and McLaren. But it's strong suit the the extreme variety. Everything from electric, to muscle, to GT, off road, to Formula open wheel.

If you love the Forza and GT games buy this.
    If you love Asphalt and NFS only buy if you want a new challenge.

18. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    Just bought and raced my new Formula Ford. Wow that thing is fun.

It's tricky to relearn how to brake and steer. I found that the brakes are so strong you are better off just using light taps and not using much at all. It grips so much better than any other car you only need to brake lightly for the turns anyway.

The car is so low and with such stiff suspension that the curbs in the city streets will really upset the car. The best way to get a fast lap in the city is to avoid the curbs.

Lucid: I found a flaw with the multiplayer system. You can only get coins for beating your rivals. And if you have friends those people are automatically your rivals. The problem is if All your friends are way faster than you, you aren't given the option to choose a slower rival from the world list. For some people this could be really frustrating if they can never beat a rival because they only have 1or 2 much faster friends. You should be able to choose your rival from the world or friend list. Please make this change.

19. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I'm not sure what the fuss is about. This game is pretty awesome.
    I'll start with the
    BAD:

1). Menu is clunky at first, but you'll get used to it. What I really don't get is why there is an option to turn off assists in your Driver profile, when you still have to turn them off during a race, yet again.

2). Controls are unreasonably slippery at first try. After turning assists off and lowering sensitivity to about 1 or 2, it is very easy. Drifting by sliding the brake is a very slick way of doing it. Just like GT5 for PS3, you turn first and slide into the curve with the E brake. Your car will ease into the turn. It is extremely fun to do this and really hard to master. Cockpit driver's view is totally recommended. Oh, and the load times for menus and long cut scenes are tolerable, but need to go.

GOOD:

1). It feels very different from every other racing game on iOS. It's a challenge to keep your car on the track (like in real life). Just like a flight sim is difficult to properly control your aircraft (like in real life).Think "Infinite Flight" vs. "SkyGamblers". It is really a simulator with some arcade-like events. Each car really feels different from the other in every aspect. I haven't got the VIP pack yet but this game does reward driving skill over power-cars. You can really out-drive the competition in a shitty car, which is a plus for me. No need for constant repairs either. I've won some of the races in a "needed repair" status.

Would I recommend this to anyone? I'm not sure. Depends on what you get-off on. I tend to like games like AEROFLY FS, ASTRONAUT SPACE WALK, and INFINITE FLIGHT that emphasize realism over entertainment, so it's right up my alley. People that like their hand to be held during a game, and don't want to do some actual searching/thinking, shouldn't play this. Overall, I'm glad I took a while to think about this one though instead of just buying it. It changed my expectations of it, and I have no need for RR2 and GT motor academy anymore.

20. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    I'm not sure the endurance races work correctly.

During one 20 lap event the AI cars pitted around lap 10. My car has no fuel or tire indicators so I just kept going and ended up winning the race easily.

In a second event the AI did the same thing so I went into the pits too after taking the lead. My car just drove through on its own and did not get serviced. On top of that I got lapped in the pit but still came out 1st.

Something is not right here. If they want us to pit they need to make the tires or fuel wear out. If they don't want us to pit then don't put the AI cars in the pits because then it's just too easy.