Universal 2K DRIVE (By 2K Sports)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Jun 9, 2013.

1. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I was wondering about that VIP pack. It wasn't really clear if all the cars were unlocked of you just got 100 coins to unlock one of them. That is a good deal.

2. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    IMO it kills the pleasure of unlocking all the cars by yourself, trying to pick the best one and think a bit before purchasing anything.

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yeah I grabbed this, you get all cars and a couple of tuned cars too, its a good deal I thought. Hey Wedge you're my next rival on the feel the horsepower challenge :)

4. alacourse

alacourse Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Great idea. My GC:
    < Fox-13 >

5. Rivalsan

Rivalsan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2011
    The more I play of the game, the better it gets. It is definitely much more engaging gameplay-wise than Real Racing 3. I hate to see it getting beat up in the ratings on the app store, but I can understand people not being happy because they thought that it was something else. Arcade racing this is not. However, fun racing, this is!

6. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    I played a bunch of the multiplayer events tonight. It's amazing how many different event types there are. I think this game must have every event type you could imagine. There must be at least 20.

I found a few more tracks as well.

I definitely prefer some cars over others. And it's great that you can play some of the multiplayer events with cars you borrow. Gives you a good chance to try them out in an event rather than just a test drive.

7. TomekSzymek

Dec 11, 2011
    I have a quick question. What's the "community price" in Daily Challenge and how does it work?

8. Lucid Dev

Lucid Dev New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Hi All

We at lucid have been reading the forum and have found some the info here really useful for us to consider going forward.

I just want to reply to some of your feedback

We are always looking at optimisations, 2KDrive is a massive game with a stack of content including offline Career, Online connected multiplayer events, daily challenges, customisation, news and videos etc so the navigation is something that does become easier once you start to explore the app. The main Cover feed (the landing area in 2Kdrive) will provide you with a selection of most of these things and you can use the menu to jump to specific areas of the game if you want to explore it further.

At the moment, there are some technical reasons why we cant actually do this for the gunship level, although we are looking at possible solutions.

We do listen to feeback and check the forums, we also have a contact address on our company website

We do replays of the daily challenge so you can go to the results article and watch the winners race.

The community prize in the weekly challenge will reward everyone that took part in that challenge. 2KDrive is about a community of car lovers, if you race and drive together you can share rewards.

The online is asynchronous multiplayer. This means that you will get rival ghost to race against etc. It must be stressed though that unlike other games our ghosts actually change the race results. If you are ahead of the AI cars but chasing the ghost you will still finish second place. This feature always ensures you have a competitive race.

9. TomekSzymek

Dec 11, 2011
    @Lucid

What about this part of captain's reply?

The good thing is that as the haters gone away, now there are people left who love this game and want it's best.
    We'd love to hear about your plans for the future.

10. Lucid Dev

Lucid Dev New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Sorry we cant discuss new features or content at this time.

As to the haters, we hope that in time they will spend time with the game and then realise that their is a massive amount of depth in the game along with an already fantastic community of true racers that you are able to compete against.

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Welcome on board! Great to have you here, I'm sure there'll be some great exchanging of ideas to come.

12. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    Very happy to see Lucid on board in this thread. Finally things are shaping up to be an actual forum where civil discussions can take place amongst the fans and developers. That's a far cry from a few days ago when I was dodging rotten tomatoes and felt like the only one who "gets" the game.

Today I got notification that I was challenged by a rival but I can't find a way to find those events easily in the game. Anyone know?

13. TomekSzymek

Dec 11, 2011
    I think you just have to read in what event you were challenged. Then find it, enter it and challenge should appear automaticaly...
    It've worked in my case.

However, I didn't find any place with all challenges summed up.

14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Is it in the menu that drops down when you tap the second to left button on the main screen? There is a tab called Challenges.

15. Lucid Dev

Lucid Dev New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    If you tap the notification, the game will boot and take you to that challenge.

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Quick question for Lucid.. What is the chance of a camera where you can see the bonnet? That us generally my preferred view.. I feel it gives me a better perspective of where the car is.
    Thanks for a great game, I love being able to access the news/car stuff within the menu..

17. alacourse

alacourse Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    +1
    Bonnet view would be my favorite also.

18. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    While we are requesting view changes I'd love to see some functioning car mirrors. They do seem to reflect something but it's not programmed to reflect what's behind. I imagine this was left out to improve framerates but surely it could be done as RR3 has working mirrors and a high frame rate.

19. TomekSzymek

Dec 11, 2011
    I just found out about easy way of getting coins.
    You get 1 coin for every person from your facebook friends which you invite to the game. If you can spam a little your friend's walls... Try it :D A lot of coins to get...

20. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    Unfortunately most of my friends aren't gamers so I try not to do that to them.