2g, jailbroken, many stuck pixels

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by nickels, Jan 20, 2009.

1. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    I am thinking that it is time to get a new 2G iPhone (don't want 3g). I see lots of them on ebay, but none with stuck pixels. They are annoying the bajesus out of me. I usually have three (two green, one blue) all in the bottom right hand corner of the LCD, and now a forth one is beginning to appear. It may fix itself eventually, or not... I tried everything to fix these things which may be why I went from having one to now having three-four stuck pixels.

So anyone have any guesses on it's value with the stuck pixels? The phone works fine otherwise. It's the original 2g with 8gigs and jailbroken 2.2. My thought is to sell it on ebay and then buy another one. I see them going for anywhere from $250-400+, but I have yet to see any sell where it says in the description that the display has stuck pixels.

Any guesses as to how much that devalues the iPhone? I just want an idea of how much I need to come up with to cover the difference of buying another 2g in better shape. No, it is not under warranty.

2. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
  3. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    They don't work, and like I said - doing them is what I think turned one stuck pixel into 3+.

Especially this one:
    http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/fix.html

Stay away from that - it does more harm then good. None of the pressure techniques helped me either.

Hopefully I'll still be able to get >$200 for it.