2D Artist for hire | Please take a look at my work

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Omega-F, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Cuestaluis will make everyone want to buy this game. He has made everyone else's designs 1000x better and I mean that. I can't believe what he has done.

2. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    don't mean to burst your bubble, but from what I've seen, your production value is nowhere near pocket devil.

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    hardcore, do you code your apps?

4. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Dogmeat's name should be Dogpuke. If you don't have anything nice to say then just get out, because our production values are fine. I don't code but we are getting someone to do that.

5. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    dont do art...dont code...do you advertise?

6. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    No. I'm just the dev. I don't advertise, do art, coding, music, nothing. I just get people to do everything for me and then rake in all the cash and glory.

7. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

If you don't do the coding then you're not a dev, sounds to me like you'd be more of a producer.

8. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    but isnt the 'dev' supposed to do that stuff.
    Sounds like you just publish the games

9. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    No offence hardcore, but that's just messed up. No thank you.

10. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    #30 pcmaster, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
    He is the recruitor. He recruits people by bribing them with promo codes. Then if the game ever gets done (and it won't because he has no coders and tons of artists) he gets all the profit for bulding a team and not paying them anything or barely anything. even if they agree to it. Sounds fair to me.

SARCASM!!

11. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Then why do people agree to it. 1 promo code =\= 1 hour of work. Thats like being payed less than minimum wage.

12. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    You forgot to add that.

13. pcmaster

Nov 18, 2009
    #33 pcmaster, Dec 2, 2009
    Ok here's the problem. Say I sign up to be coder (and I'm not going to be no matter how much u ask) I have essencially done all of the work that makes the app. What stops me from stealing your team from you, paying them and making the app under my company. Anyway you are saying I could get ranked high in credits. You bet i would because I made the credits. What if I don't mention you in the credits or I say selfish slob that Keeps all the money and doesn't pay his team. you couldn't edit it. Nor would know how to edit it. In the end you will lose all you team money and ur app. U will get cheated sooner or later. Do what Im doing. Learn how to code then hire a friend that's good at gfx and give him some % of the profits.

Also @Kunning Thanks edited it.

14. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    I'm pretty sure if the coder is stupid enough to do this for hardcore for such low pay, then he wont be smart enough to steal the code and the team.

15. pcmaster

Nov 18, 2009
    Lol good point.
    But if someone smart agrees then Haha. Sucks 4 him.
    Maybe I should apply for coder. Lol

jk

16. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    @pcmaster - make the font BIGGER. And make it a line lower than your statement so it's more obvious.

17. pcmaster

Nov 18, 2009
    #37 pcmaster, Dec 2, 2009
    Ugh but then I have to go to advanced editor. Lol fine. One sec.

Ok now it's VERY odvious. I can't spell for life... Oh well.

18. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I was kidding on that last comment. I am an artist. I work 6 hours daily on this game at least. I manage the company's Twitter as well. I first thought of the game. The better artists are paid with iTunes cash. I already have 3 coders, but I'm trying to find the best one. All three coders have agreed to work for free and are under co tract. There are haters out there like Kunning and Pcmaster and dogmeat, and I spit on you guys. You are disgusting, repulsive, and stupid. Think before you speak. This game is going to do great, and you guys can suck it. I don't usually say this kind of stuff but it has to be said.

19. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Fine - I'll put this out there: I was considering working for hardcoregamer, but the thought that I would be rewarded with a few measly promo codes just didn't appeal to me. I first pitied him and wanted to take him as a charity case, but then I checked my schedule and found I was very busy over the next month or so. He begged me to come back after I got annoyed with his extremely immature team members (they were drawing penises in the chat room and being racist towards black people), so I did. Then I decided, screw this, I'm not going to work with these guys and not receive anything worthwhile in return. So I finally looked at this thread, and lo and behold hardcoregamer just posted a greedy-ass comment. There, now you guys know my story and a little more about the team of hardcoregamer.

20. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    touchArcade should definitely be renamed liarArcade because there are a LOT on here! ROFLROFLROFL