Universal Sticklings (by Djinnworks)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by robertsze, Sep 21, 2016.

1. robertsze

robertsze Well-Known Member
    Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009

Sticklings

Djinnworks GmbH
    Sticklings is a unique puzzle game with the mission to get a herd of Stickmans into their goals by using various abilitiā€¦
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Sticklings is a unique puzzle game with the mission to get a herd of Stickmans into their goals by using various abilities. Like a Lemming, a Stickman just walks and walks and it is your objective to correctly assign the correct task to a Stickman to lead all other Stickmans the correct path. Abilities include blocking, self destruct, jump, bomb throwing, rush and bridge building. Levels are limited by time with the option to earn gold, silver and bronze medals. And if you fail, there is always the option to Nuke em!
    Information
    Seller:Djinnworks GmbH
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Sep 21, 2016
    Updated:Oct 07, 2016
    Version:1.1.1
    Size:148.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Sticklings is a unique puzzle game with the mission to get a herd of Stickmans into their goals by using various abilities. Like a Lemming, a Stickman just walks and walks and it is your objective to correctly assign the correct task to a Stickman to lead all other Stickmans the correct path. Abilities include blocking, self destruct, jump, bomb throwing, rush and bridge building. Levels are limited by time with the option to earn gold, silver and bronze medals. And if you fail, there is always the option to Nuke em!

Sticklings

Djinnworks GmbH
    Sticklings is a unique puzzle game with the mission to get a herd of Stickmans into their goals by using various abilitiā€¦
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Information
    Seller:Djinnworks GmbH
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Sep 21, 2016
    Updated:Oct 07, 2016
    Version:1.1.1
    Size:148.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Tobi (AppGemeinde)

Tobi (AppGemeinde) Well-Known Member

Uuuuuuh

Here I feel a strong Lemmings-Vibe :D :D

3. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks for the nice article and review, we appreciate it a lot :)

4. heikPhone

heikPhone Well-Known Member
    Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Update

Quick info, we have an update in preparation with minor level updates, new levels, fixes and improvements. Should be live within the next two days.

5. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Couple of questions... one App Store review said this breaks after level two... is this fixed in the upcoming update?

Second, are there any IAP in this?

6. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    We are not aware of any problem and are pretty sure it doesn't break after any level. Regarding the In-Apps, no, there are no in-apps in it.

7. TheGribble

TheGribble Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Liking this so far - neat little lemmings clone, level 12 and only one crash so far - think maybe when the nuke counter ended with no guys left on screen (they'd all fallen off.)

One tiny request, please can we select the bottom buttons while it's paused? Used to play the SNES lemmings and did that all the time. Haven't played it for 25 years and couldn't have told you I used to do that, but as soon as I was playing this I found myself trying to. Weird.

8. TheGribble

TheGribble Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Oh, and there are pop up ads for their own games which are irritating - they pop up quickly and tapping anywhere but the small x opens the App Store. Shouldn't stop anyone buying this, but annoying.

9. Buss1985

Buss1985 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Really enjoying this game as I used to love Lemmings!

A couple of things though. Firstly when I am listening to my own music while playing the game the volume is automatically lowered which is annoying. This is the case even if the sounds of the game are switched off.

Secondly, it seems to be impossible to get a gold star on Level 3. I feel like I have done it the quickest possible way and still get Silver.

Overall I am really liking it so far though.

10. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    We will update this in an upcoming update

11. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks for the hint, we will fix lowering audio if game audio is turned off.

Oh, level 3 is/was possible. You had to place the left blocker directly over the goal, only then you would have reach gold. But with the latest update we made level 3 and a few others much easier.

12. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Yeah, Lemmings! Sorry, Sticklings!
    Whatever the name, this is a type of game I like. I played the hell out of Meerkatz which is also family of the lemming.

First impressions are good after having played 10 levels or so.
    I have some feature requests:
    - a quick retry button. Now the fastest I can retry is touch twice the nuke button, and then "retry", but "retry" takes some time to have effect.
    - an indication what are the gold/silver goal times (for example show it when having finished a level)
    - a leaderboard for total number of sticklings saved (and let the levels fully play out; maybe as a secondary mode that unlocks at some point?)

13. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #13 saosijs, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Stick, I mean stuck, on 15. No idea what to do. Cannot bomb the green pendulum or the blue block. Putting lots of stick longs (weight) on the blue block also doesn't do anything. What is the key mechanic here?

Would be good to be allowed to skip say two or three levels to come back to them later.

[edit] ok, watch 3 videos to skip a level ;-)
    By the way, weird to have leaderboards for gold, silver and bronze separate ... Why is having the most bronze interesting at all? The 3, 2 and 1 star system makes much more sense

14. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Hi Sao, the key is that blue stuff can be pushed...

15. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Thanks P!

16. heikPhone

heikPhone Well-Known Member
    Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Free

The game is now free on the store (previously $1.99)!