Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    That would be awesome! We'd love to keep adding content for sure. We are still very early days and for the most part not that well known. We got a bit of media attention during the launch but there's still a long way to go :)

2. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Also just working on a drone tutorial video at the moment which should be helpful for those in need! Will put that up once it's polished.

jelt2359 and stubbieoz like this.
  3. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    #123 Caatalyst, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020

The first in the series of the 2112TD boot camp videos is up. Introducing the Tactical Drone Mastery guide!

CrayonWarrior and Jstorm like this.
  4. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    #124 Caatalyst, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Damnit just spotted some strange artifacts on the highlights... must be something to do with the compression youtube has applied. I'll leave it up for now and re-upload a fixed version in the morning. In the mean time I hope that helps anyone who needed some guidance using the drone :)

5. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I've just re-uploaded the tutorial video which now highlights the controls correctly.

Going forward, I'll start adding the tutorial videos to the front page of this thread.

Jstorm likes this.
  6. jelt2359

jelt2359 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    I can’t get past earth on hard. Any tips? Maybe a screenshot or video of layout....

Also am I just destined to sit and eat damage at the start?

7. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Congratulations on getting to the Earth Defence Platform - Nearly there now.

That's a tough one. I will upload a screenshot of my suggested turret layout tomorrow but a few pointers:

• Yes the goliath spawn at the start is there to put you in a state of anxiety during the first few waves :) To minimize damage put a couple of plasma turrets next to the CMD and also get the CMD machine up.
    • It's a big open map so artillery shines well. Make sure you've got a few in the middle. Try and get them to level 3 early on so they can help wipe out clusters forming on the command centre.
    • There's a lot of flying enemies on this map, make sure you've got a fair few machine gun turrets, at least 2 with rocket pods in range of the CMD.
    • For this map, filling the turret platforms before upgrading can be more beneficial but this depends on your turret upgrade path.
    • Flame turrets are useful to thin out zombie spawns so place them close to spawn points if you can.

Next week I'lll do the asteroid walk through and then the defence map next.

8. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Thanks! For the artillery I have been using the Uranium only- what type of enemies does the EMP work well on, and when should I use it?

9. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    EMP is incredibly underrated by the player base from what I've seen :)

It sacrifices damage but instead has the ability to slow multiple units that are within range of the projectile.

Also its charged attack will slow every unit within range of the EMP discharge for several seconds. It has a fairly large area of effect that disperses in a spherical pattern so it's best placed fairly central on the map. The charged attack also has a short cool down so while it might not deal much damage, it provides the rest of your towers with additional time to deal damage.

On the Defence map try putting a single EMP artillery in the middle of the map to see if this helps. Let me know how you get on. I will post a screenshot of what I consider to be a good turret layout for the map later today.

10. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Does this EMP ability apply for all unit types- even demons and flesh? I had no idea! Wow. The only mention I saw about artillery was how someone liked Uranium as a great way to kill units bunched up at the wall, and the stats are much better so I've only ever used that.

Caatalyst likes this.
  11. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    #131 Caatalyst, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    The depleted uranium shell firing variant is also a great option and definitely worth having in range of your command centre for that very reason.

The EMP normal attack works on all monsters except for demon flesh. However the charged attack does effect demon flesh. It also stops monsters attacking while they are frozen in place.

12. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Thanks! I'll try it. Is there a way to know when a charged attack is ready apart from clicking on the turret itself? That's the feature I use least because I never know when it's ready.

13. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I've logged this feedback previously as we've had a number of reports that players did not realise you can view the charged state on the tower platform as shown in the image. We will look at improving this system in the future so it is more obvious.

When charging the bar will appear yellow, when ready it will appear green and when the charged attack is active it will display in blue.

Attached Files:

jelt2359 likes this.
  14. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Here is my typical tower set-up for the Earth Defence Platform.

I'm embarrassed to say that those two meat clouds finished me off right at the end :) It was on hard mode though. I deployed the tactical drone too early and wasted the second shield!

Attached Files:

jelt2359 likes this.
  15. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Thanks- what are the two turrets in front of the lightning plasma turrets? I don't recognise them...

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    If you haven’t got passed the Earth, attached is my layout on hard.

None of the flame throwers are upgraded because they are for zombies and lvl1 turrets are enough.

If you want more details, like turret orders just let me know.

Attached Files:

17. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    #137 jelt2359, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Thanks. I'll try again. Keep dying at level 10 where there's a Hunk party at my base. What's the best way to get rid of them? Uranium shells? Or Plasma Lightning?

18. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    It looks like that second shield stays in effect even when the drone is gone? Is that correct?

Caatalyst likes this.
  19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    By the time Hunks reach the base, get 2 lightening turrets up that are closest to the base, and have 3 plasma turrets near the base upgraded to at the least level 2.

Hold onto the drone and the air strike, and use the shield + air strike x2 combo once 8+ Hunks are grouped up. 2 lightening turrets should finish them off.

Regarding the uranium howitzer, I would prioritize upgrading plasma turrets first and keep howitzers at lvl2 until plasma turrets are upgraded. While the AoE and the long range of howitzers are appealing, I prefer the DPS of plasma turrets.

20. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Thanks! This helps a lot. I've reached level 13 now, but can't quite get past yet. Almost there, I hope. Are the two right at the bottom, machine gun turrets?