Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I meant the carrier was the hardest among hard difficulty play through. On normal I think the final stand was the hardest, but that was before I changed around my tactics.

By the way what are the differences between normal and hard, aside from the addition of elites?

Caatalyst likes this.
  2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I tried the survival a bit. That’s one brutally hard difficulty that makes the hard mode feels like a cake walk, and I am loving it.

I noticed that the turret level limitation on earlier maps applies on the survival mode as well. Is this I tended? There isn’t much room for devise without an access to experimental turrets.

Caatalyst likes this.
  3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Now I feel the pain of elites.

Attached Files:

Caatalyst and CrayonWarrior like this.
  4. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Excellent! What's the furthest you've got so far on survival?

Regarding turret upgrade locks on the first two maps, this is certainly subject to change and it has been raised a few times so it might change in a future update.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Haha amazing! Love seeing those survival top scores :)

That's a lot of lightning turrets!!

6. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I won't spoil everything as it takes the fun out but with hard mode the key things you will notice:

• All monsters have a higher health pool
    • Elite monsters added to the spawn pool
    • Additional elite monsters have a chance to spawn when certain conditions are met
    Each elite monsters HP value depends on the armour group it belongs to (weak, tough or reinforced). They are significantly stronger than their normal counterparts and deal more damage to the fortification walls and the command centre.

Jstorm and ste86uk like this.
  7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’ll probably play it a bit less often now but I’ve done the first few levels on hard mode and so far they were no challenge at all. But then I tried to skip right to the carrier and got destroyed.

It would be nice if there was maybe a visual identifier added next to each level to show it’s been beaten on normal and hard rather than having to click on each one and then on normal and hard to see if it has a score there.

Also just with sharing high scores with others it would be helpful if in the high score page at the end of survival it said the name of the level along with the score.

Caatalyst likes this.
  8. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thanks Ste - For sure the difficulty curve will pick up from around map 3 on hard mode.

Your feedback is noted - It would be good to display this information on the battle control menu when cycling through maps.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    The reason I put a lot of lightning turrets are as follows.

- Effective against both armored and non armored enemies due to its high rate of fire compared to other anti-armor options; the rail gun and the nuke cannon.

- More predictable area coverage. I often see long range turrets attack non-critical enemies when the base is being pounded. It would be great if turrets in general prioritize enemies that are the closest to the base.

- Strong charged attack which is practically an air strike.

- Less dead spot compared to the Railgun.

I do use other anti armored turrets. While not visible in the screenshot, there are two Railgun a on the SW and 2 nuke cannons on the NW and SE.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #90 Jstorm, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Congratulations on becoming the game of the week! I think the article is a very accurate analysis why I became to love this game.

Caatalyst and ste86uk like this.
  11. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Picked this up yesterday, I’m on the fourth map and loving it. I don’t find these games easy, so it should keep me busy for awhile! I’ve posted a couple of sentences and a 5 star review on the Australian App Store.

Caatalyst, Jstorm and ste86uk like this.
  12. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thank you Jstorm! :)

13. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thank you for the kind words Crayon Warrior - Good luck with the campaign

14. Signs2010

Signs2010 Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Love the game! Just finished it on normal mode.

Didn’t had to much trouble on the levels except Asteroid Mining Facility.

Some food for thoughts:

* more levels and towers :)
    * x2 x4 speed
    * save game, sometimes I have to open some other app, then I have to start over.
    * Seems that if you AirPlay a YouTube video to Apple TV, then start the game, it stops the Airplay connection. Didn’t have this issue with other games like Clash of Clans, Boom Beach.

ashiqtera, Jstorm and Caatalyst like this.
  15. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thank you for the kind words Signs and glad to hear you enjoyed the game! Let me know how you get on with the other modes. In particular I'm interested in hard mode for the last 3 maps :)

Also thank you for the report regarding the issues with Airplay - Will log this and investigate.

16. Charles Elwood Gay III

Mar 5, 2019
    Male
    Thank you TouchArcade! and Refinery Productions! Premium TD is my scene- was my scene I suppose. I lost my faith in a wholesome TD future some time ago. I gave up my weekly TA TD perusal at least a year ago, tired of chasing a dead ghost and the gacha gulag. On a whim just now I performed my old ritualistic TD routine and, well; this is far beyond what I could’ve hoped. Keep it up Refinery, you have my support, and gratitude.

Jstorm, Caatalyst and ste86uk like this.
  17. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thank you Charlies from our all of our team! Have a great time playing the campaign and keep us posted on how you get on.

18. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, congrats on becoming the hottest game at Touch Arcade.

I am curious what your next moves are. With practically no bugs to fix, are you planning to work on an expansion? Or another game?

Either way, I am ready to purchase your next product since I know that your team cares about the quality.

slewis7 and Caatalyst like this.
  19. Charles Elwood Gay III

Mar 5, 2019
    Male
    Thank you Caatalyst, what a privilege for us all to get such useful and direct feedback straight from the source. And thx to you other fellas with the super helpful pointers. What a great community here at Touch Arcade.

Caatalyst likes this.
  20. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Hi Jstorm!

Thank you again for the kind words! We certainly do have some ideas in the pipeline - We are just waiting for the dust to settle a little bit with regards to the launch. As you can imagine It has been a pretty busy time trying to get the word out there! Fortunately we have been pretty well received across many channels, especially on Touch Arcade. At the same time, the game is still not very well known or established yet and there is still a great deal to be done. Hopefully we will see some positive reviews come out over the coming days and weeks from other key games media players - Fingers crossed!

There is a small patch planned for this week but it will be only contain minor fixes and changes. The game has launched in good shape as you pointed out and we have the beta testing group to thank for that. Big shout out to any of those guys and girls if they are on these forums as we appreciate them repeating the campaign over and over! When we first started testing the game out I was worried it was going to be too easy but the bulk of the testers couldn't even complete the tutorial mission :)

I will keep a log of changes and planned updates when the contents are confirmed on this thread.

It's also great to hear your suggestions so if there are things that you would like to see added then let me know. I can then share this with the team and discuss.

Jstorm likes this.