Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #61 Jstorm, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Hm... 7 hours maybe? Up to mission 8, I finished in 1 attempt. Mission 9 probably took me an hour, and about 2 hours each for mission 10 and 11.

Regarding the Skill recharging indicator, now I can see it since you explained it, but I didn’t notice it at all on my own. I think the bar is too thin to notice without being told, or was this covered in a tutorial?

That said, I noticed that the charged attack tutorial is grayed out for me. Maybe I just skipped the part of the tutorial.

About elites, I didn’t feel like they had significantly higher health.

Makara Nou likes this.
  2. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thank you Jstorm - A tutorial message does kick in when you first upgrade a tower to experimental so you might have missed it.

Elite monsters may get a buff in the future. Personally I would like to be we will have to keep an eye on player progress over the coming weeks to see how folks are getting on. Generally speaking feedback suggests to us that the game is above average in terms of difficulty so far.

Jstorm likes this.
  3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    By the way I wrote a review of your game on the AppStore earlier today. Good luck translating it :p.

ste86uk and Caatalyst like this.
  4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Once you get the double shield, you get to activate the shield twice. Do not mistake it with double shield duration like I initially did.

ste86uk and Caatalyst like this.
  5. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Jstorm thank you kindly for the wonderful review. I did manage to find a translator although it may have not been entirely accurate.

Have a great weekend and good luck with survival mode! :)

Jstorm likes this.
  6. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Some more feedback noted. I'll see if I can make the text clearer on this - Thanks guys.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @Jstorm wow congrats on beating the game on hard difficulty, your a pro! I’ve got the drone shield now the one that does let me use it twice.

@Caatalyst I put a review up on my store too. I beat the asteroid level second try after the post, it was pretty easy with changing my turrets and making the lightning tower hit small mobs instead of big and also saving the command centre upgrade until I need it although I almost completed it without bothering to upgrade it at all! The first try though I left it too late and it blew up while upgrading.

Beat the level after it right away already and enjoyed that, I have a new found love for the artillery in the nuclear form but I think the flamer seems pretty great all round other than for flying enemies.

As for your comment on difficult it does feel maybe above average? Although with that said in Kingdom Rush Vengeance I still haven’t finished it due to some difficult levels. It definitely doesn’t seem too easy so far anyway.

Caatalyst and Jstorm like this.
  8. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Haha yeah we wanted to step it up a little bit but mostly the real pain is supposed to be in hard mode. We might even step that up a notch in the future we shall see.

Glad to hear you beat Asteroid! The depleted uranium artillery turret is one of my person favourites. If you can get one upgraded it and place it well it can devastate enemies piling up at the command centre.

Good luck on the Moon!

Also thank you kindly for the review! I can't see it yet as the apple analytics takes a while to catch up but I'll just hope it's positive :)

9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
  10. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I might send that clip to anyone who says it's too hard! :D

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I beat the moon and also just made it to the last round and final few enemies of the earth defence base but sadly lost. I don’t know how I was so close and it was nearly full health most of the game.

The wall on that map doesn’t seem very useful at all. Also I have to add I didn’t know I could keep tapping to fire rockets with the drone until this map....I’ve always just tapped once and thought is that it?

Caatalyst likes this.
  12. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    How many times did it take you to clear the moon?

The Defence map is a tough one! Send me a screenshot of your turret configuration if you're about to lose again. I'm interested to see your placement and upgrades.

The drone would be pretty rubbish if it only fired one of those rockets! Glad you figured that out. I've noted your feedback that you weren't aware it could be rapidly fired.

ste86uk likes this.
  13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Caatalyst I changed my upgrades a little to beat the earth defence and did it quite easily and I think the moon just took me one try same as I just did with the carrier beat it in one try! Maybe I’m getting better?

Honestly I didn’t even need to upgrade my command centre to level 2 and I pulverised the boss he didn’t make it to my base either. Although one strange thing happened I’m not sure if it’s a bug or an ability the boss had but one of my fully upgraded artillery completely vanished? I had 2k cash when I finished that level though and everything was maxed out so I rebuilt it quickly.

Caatalyst likes this.
  14. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    The carrier boss destroys your turrets. Sounds like you got lucky if it only took out one. Did you not hear a "turret destroyed".

Sounds like you've gotten the hang of it! Interesting as Jstrom found that map the hardest. It would be cool to see both of your turret configurations :)

adin and ste86uk like this.
  15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Caatalyst ah that’s good then, I wondered what it it was doing but the baby was sleeping so I had the sound on low so can’t hear everything very well. But it was probably one of the easiest for me since the asteroid, still a challenge but maybe I’m just doing better things now.

Sadly I don’t take screenshots I haven’t needed to but I know what I had where and could replicate it level 1 for each but even that would take time I guess and wouldn’t show which upgrades I took so probably not much use.

Caatalyst likes this.
  16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just beat the final mission first try too, I’ve taken some screenshots although there’s a couple of towers I’d of done differently but wasn’t concentrating properly at the start. Still all worked out though, my placements the level before were much better and more efficient on here I was expecting air so used more machine guns but it turns out I didn’t really need them.

Saying the files are too large sorry, often get that issue here some upload and others say too large when it’s all taken on the same device.

Caatalyst likes this.
  17. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Congratulations Ste that's fantastic! No problem about the screenshots. Thank you for taking the time to share your progress on the thread. How did you find the last few waves on Last Stand? Was the drone fairly important to you winning the map?

ste86uk likes this.
  18. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Also I'm keen to know how your strategy works on the last few maps playing hard. Jstom seemed to think the hard difficulty could be buffed a little.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Caatalyst I just wanted to ask you to thank all of the team for making this game, I honestly can’t remember the last time I played a TD game on the AppStore that I found so addicting. Even compared to any genre really it’s been one of my favourite and most addicting in recent memory since BattleChasers.

As for the last level the last few waves were certainly tougher, it got close to falling apart on the final wave which was likely due to me playing it while trying to keep an eye on the baby at the same time. I’ll certainly be playing some hard mode and survival too.

As for the drone I found it near useless until I realised I can fire more than one rocket after that it started to help a fair bit. It’s hard to say it’s instrumental in beating the level as it doesn’t feel that way. But then again without its shield and that extra damage over the course of a whole mission I’d imagine my base would take a fair deal more damage.

Caatalyst likes this.
  20. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Ste thank you - I will share this message with the team. As you can imagine it has been both an exciting and terrifying time for the team releasing 2112TD which is our first IP - Your feedback is very heart warming.

Keep us posted on how you get on with the campaign on hard mode as well as survival mode. We really appreciate you taking the time to post your experience and provide feedback!

ste86uk likes this.