Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Which map Ste? I might be able to offer a few tips if you are having a hard time :)

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This is an excellent TD game at a bargain price. Recommended.

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @Caatalyst it was the Saturn uedi base I just cracked it though. I think upgrading my command centre to level 2 made a huge difference in beating it. Beat it and reached level 7 now and I’ve unlocked the drone but it’s nearly 12pm now so it’ll be tomorrow before I check that out.

The game is amazing and I enjoy that it is challenging there rather than just being easy, so happy I purchased it I’ve already spent 1 hour 42 playing the game and I’m nowhere near finished and it only cost me £1.99

So far the only thing I’d like to be able to do is refund tech points as I did accidentally spend some. Although I guess it’s not the end of the world I’ll get them all eventually right? But could be fun for players to be able to swap them around before battles while they are working their way to that and add another layer of tactics?

Caatalyst likes this.
  4. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    That's great Ste really glad to hear you are enjoying the game. Saturn is a zombie fest so it's good to have some flame turrets placed near where they spawn the most.

Don't worry about the tech points - you will be able to unlock everything and will mostly likely do so a bit before you complete the game on normal mode. The drone should spice up game play quite a bit and it will be very important. Especially on the Asteroid map+

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Apart from just looking awesome this thread tells all TD fans this is a game to buy. Not that it has to be or a deal breaker by any means but am I correct that this is not full screen on iphone X?

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    It is full screen on the X.

Caatalyst likes this.
  7. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thank you for the kind words! I hope you have a great time playing! :)

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I just did the first mission with my drone which took me two attempts and so have to say it feels very underwhelming, I suppose it’s useful in defence for the shield but it feels pretty useless in attack. It doesn’t really look like it attacks at all on its own? But the rocket ability seems to do next to nothing really so I’ll just use it in defence.

Also starting to find it can be better to leave my turrets like flame and machine gun on smart targeting, when usually I put them on swarms but I failed my first attempt doing that and on my second all I really changed was the targeting but I still keep the plasma and artillery on the big guys.

Also as said the game is full screen on the iPhone X although for some reason the splash screen is not but only that, the game menu and levels etc all full screen.

Caatalyst likes this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Drones don’t have attack capability unless you use their missile skill. I suggest you unlock the double shield if you haven’t done so. It’s a critical perk towards the end.

ste86uk and Caatalyst like this.
  10. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    #50 Caatalyst, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    The drone does a great deal of damage - Make sure to tap fire your rockets as fast as you can at an enemy until the timer runs out (displayed in the drone controls at the bottom of the screen when it is selected). It's best tap firing at bigger enemies to get the most damage or if there is a large cluster of weak enemies and you want to quickly farm credits. Also pop the shield on your command centre if it's taking a beating. You can move your drone between targets as you are using its different functions.

Once you start to master it and unlock all the upgrades you will be popping multiple shields between firing rockets and trying to get the damage bonus it brings to turrets. This will help a lot on hard mode!

It can be useful to be adaptive with the targeting function, keep an eye on enemies that are incoming as you scroll around the map and you can switch to combat different encounters. If say, a group of slugs is coming then get your artillery to focus on them. Sometimes having one artillery on smart and one on tough flesh can be useful.

On the other hand, sometimes it might be worth assigning the lightning plasma turret to smart or weak so that it can AOE attack with the lightning bounce effect across multiple enemies.

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Jstorm I don’t have the double shield yet, I’ll have to try and get that next.

@Caatalyst I’m on the asteroid mining facility now although failed twice already! That seems a tough one.

I was using the rocket ability of the drone but it didn’t really seem to do any damage that I could notice and I mainly only used it on large enemies.

Thanks for the tips with the artillery and plasma.

Caatalyst likes this.
  12. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    You've hit the tough maps now!

A few tips for that map (Although I don't want to tell you how to win as working your strategy is part of the fun):

• Slugs spawn periodically from the northern path which I'm sure you've spotted. Don't neglect the northern tower platforms. A well placed plasma turret assigned to target heavy enemies can soften them before they even get close to your command centre ;-)
    • There's another big floating fleshy monstrosity that appears on that map - The machine gun + rocket upgrades will be your best friend as this monster doesn't go down easy
    • Be strategic with the deployment of your airstrike, drone and wall. Don't pop them just because you have them live as there will be key points during that map to use them.
    • Upgrade your command centre strategically to get the full HP regeneration. Leave it as late as possible.
    I'm not going to go too much into tower placement because that can be somewhat subjective based on your approach. I've seen people use completely different tower configurations and upgrade strategies to me and complete the map.

That's all! :)

ste86uk likes this.
  13. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    So far I’m loving it!!!!

aussiepaul, Caatalyst and ste86uk like this.
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Caatalyst Thanks for tips I did notice that about the slugs and the giant floating one that’s what took me out.

The health in the Command centre I thought of on my last try about leaving it much longer instead. Hopefully it all helps.

Caatalyst likes this.
  15. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    That's fantastic thanks for letting us know ShinHadoukin :) What map have you reached?

16. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    If you get through a few more goes without completing then I'll provide a few more hints! We do plan on releasing some walkthroughs, especially for the tougher maps in the coming weeks. Asteroid is one of the hardest.

ste86uk likes this.
  17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Caatalyst Can I just ask, will a game save during a battle or must you finish one to save progress? So far I’ve only played when I have time to finish one but wondering if I can start one stop when I have to and resume later on?

18. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #58 Jstorm, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Just beaten the hard mode. Attached are the screen shots for the last 3 maps.

I found the carrier the hardest until I noticed a tactics to deal with the flood of spawnlings. I won’t spoil your fun here, at the least not yet. Let’s just say it’s about the chicken egg problem.

Another feedback i want to give is about the visualization of the skill recharge for experimental turrets. It would be great if the UI could provide some information about the charge status without selecting a turret. It can be a bar, a numerical %, a timer, etc.

Also I think the universe of this game can expand beyond the tower defense. It can be an army level strategy game, a squad-based strategy rpg with some horror element, etc.

Attached Files:

adin, ste86uk and Caatalyst like this.
  19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I forgot to mention, but I didn’t find the super variant to be so different compared to regular ones. To be honest, I am still not sure what is super about them. Higher health and attack damage maybe?

ste86uk and Caatalyst like this.
  20. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Congratulations Jstorm! How long did it take you to complete the campaign on hard mode?

Thank you for the additional feedback.

Regarding the turret charged attacks, Did you see that the tower platforms light up green when they are ready to be deployed? When charging the bar will fill up orange. If that wasn't quite obvious then it might be something we can take a look at for a future update to better relay the information to the player.

Elite monsters have a significantly higher health pool and yes they deal more damage.

ste86uk likes this.