Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Productions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    The new map was quite interesting with two objectives to defend. It was easy though, with no aerial enemies. Is it intentional?

2. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Which game mode are you referring to? Normal is intended for more casual players who are looking for a fairly stress free experience.

I'd suggest getting stuck in with nightmare mode. There are more multi-objective maps coming and they will get progressively more difficult :)

3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Of course I am talking about nightmare mode. You don’t recognize me? That’s sad.

4. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Haha of course I recognise you @Jstorm !

Did you manage to complete nightmare first time? Balancing is a very delicate process as we've got such a broad skill level. Based on beta testing feedback I did think we had found a sweet spot for all game modes.

Have you tried to complete any of the new achievements?

5. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I think ultimately what we need is a special ultra nightmare mode where all spawnlings get replaced by goliaths?

Seriously though... when we have released all of the aftermath missions a "super nightmare" type mode would be something I'd like to explore maybe just for the aftermath missions.

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Finished both hard and nightmare on the first attempt.

I see only 1 new achievement that I haven’t finished, aside from calling waves early, which is flamethrower only on prison. I haven’t beaten it yet. I guess it comes down to when to use shield & air strike to deal with air units. Also, is the base turret allowed for the achievement?

7. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Congratulations on first time completion!

For the flame turret achievement you can still use the command centre pop-up machine gun. Timing your airstrikes and tactical drone will be key then command centre machine gun can pick off the rest. It's my favourite achievement so far.

In one of the next updates we will be adding XP rewards for achievements.

The experience cap will be going all the way up to 100 with additional exalted awards and more complex achievements to complete.

stubbieoz likes this.