Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Commanders!

We have just released a small update. (1.50.42)
    • Tutorial tactical database entries now unlock correctly even when the introductory tutorial is skipped
    • Tower platforms next to the command centre on Return to the Moon Pt 2 have been moved slightly so they can better target enemies
    • Minor balancing improvements
    Good luck and have fun!

Jstorm likes this.
  2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Haven’t anyone complained that nightmare is “too hard” yet?

Caatalyst likes this.
  3. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Believe it or not we have but just the one so far. In all fairness to their criticism they was justified. I can't remember the specifics of what they were having issues with but we did make changes accordingly.

Since 1.50.(XX) went live we've not had any difficulty related feedback so I think we are in a good spot now for all modes. I'm surprised actually as I know a fair amount of players have been using the walkthroughs and we haven't released any for the new maps yet. We'd still like to create another 3 maps as this will set-up the story a future title should one be created :).

First we need to localise the game and this is going to be a fairly big task. Pete's working on upgrading us to Unity 2020 which has also been a fairly big undertaking. There's been a lot of issues to iron out but in the long run the benefits should outweigh the issues. Once everything's looking stable we will be looking at translating the game into 7 new languages and expanding to some other stores and platforms. Then we can move into some more maps before thinking about what comes next.;)

Jstorm likes this.
  4. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Carrier Departure hard mode walkthrough is up!

CrayonWarrior likes this.
  5. jelt2359

jelt2359 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    I broke my phone screen, can do simple typing but definitely no games. Waiting for the next iPhone since we’re so close, but it’s gonna be two months before I can really put time into this new update. Tears...

6. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Aww Jelt sorry to hear that. If you have an Android device I'd happily send you a Play Store key across. It's the least I could do after the assistance you provided during the beta testing of the first content update.

PM me or send me an email you want one and I'll send it across.

7. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Return to the Moon Part 1 hard mode walkthrough is up:

8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Will we be seeing our customizable mech this year?:p

I don’t know how much your team is going to expand TD2112, but I wouldn’t mind having TD2113 with the same engine tbh.

9. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    For 2112TD we have a few more maps and some QOL updates planned. Localisations is currently our top priority and we are laying the groundwork for this at the moment. We plan to release the game in at least 7 additional languages and hopefully on some other stores and platforms.

In terms of a sequel, this is something we would certainly like to do and we already have a lot of ideas on how we want to expand. I can't share a great deal at this stage but we are very keen on introducing more controllable units in to the game (Different drones with different functions etc).

When we get to the stage I will probably share some ideas here to get feedback to see what you guys think.

10. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX Member

May 22, 2021
    #510 SpeedRacerX, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    Thanks for that carrier hard mode walk through @Caatalyst. Was losing far too much sleep getting crushed at level 17 by that final onslaught of worms. Looking at the setup those Gatling guns look critical and I was using literally none. Tend to rely far too heavily on plasmas by the base and middle corner which just weren’t fast enough. Made worse by upgrade of flames to wide blast versus longer reach of the narrow flames which looked helpful. Finally, that nuclear blast in the middle looks like it grants a few key seconds in the final phase to get caught up. Good stuff. Sometimes you just get too locked into a specific weapon arrangement and cannot visualize another way to configure the board that gets you past the hump.

PS: looking at the walkthrough again there’s definitely something up with that drone. I’m level 50, all upgrades, tapping like a madman and not killing enemies half as fast as you have in that video.

11. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Great to hear that the walkthrough was helpful @SpeedRacerX !

We've buffed the gatling gun quite a bit over the past several updates to compensate for it's lack of anti air capabilities. It's now very efficient at mowing down weak flesh enemies. The charged attack is also very capable of taking down tough flesh and reinforced units.

The uranium barrage charged attacks is one of the best ways to obliterate large groups of enemies that are clumped together, regardless of armour class.

12. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Return to the Moon part 2 (hard mode) walkthrough is now available to watch.

13. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX Member

May 22, 2021
    I made it through the Carrier level with a reconfigure similar to what you have in that walkthrough. Agreed on the gatling gun improvements. I had honestly never even used the upgrade given earlier levels needs for anti-air capabilities of the missile upgrade. Concerning the charged attack, assuming there's no way to point the attack in specific direction, similar to what's possible with some of the other lightning attacks on the plasma turrets? It's a nice attack, but sometimes mows down a bunch of peons versus leveraging it for the bigger boss-class enemies.

It would also be great to see a more streamlined breakout of how each turret and upgrade fares against different classes of enemies. I've looked over the enemy/weapon list in the game a bunch of times, but still seem to be missing the advantage some upgrades have over specific times of enemies (like this amazing gatling gun upgrade).

With Carrier out of the way, it's off to the Moon!

14. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    The gatling gun charged attack is passive so the tower will automatically target enemies depending on which AI targeting mode you've assigned it to.

Your feedback regarding the tactical database / tower info is noted. Full damage stats are already in there but maybe we could look at further emphasising which towers are effective against each enemy armour class.

Good luck with the Moon part 1 and 2!

15. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I think the Gatling gun still needs some tweaking on its normal attack. It can’t take out elite spawnlings at higher waves on survival.

16. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    The elite spawnlings are pretty tough, maybe a little too tough.

17. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Carrier Departure NIGHTMARE walkthrough is up!

18. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Return to the Moon Part 1 NIGHTMARE mode walkthrough is now available to watch!

19. jelt2359

jelt2359 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Got my phone working. Completed nightmare on every stage until return to the moon part 2, one last one. Any tips? Screenshot on final config? :)

20. Radieg

Radieg Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    #520 Radieg, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Good tower defense is what I missed ... and what has disappeared with the fashion for Flash. I will think about the purchase and congratulations by the way.
    And what do you think about Hack n Slash games like Path of Exile where you can buy your PoE items?
    Check this site for your poe items https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile/items

Caatalyst likes this.