Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. jelt2359

jelt2359 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    How do I load my iPhone save data on my iPad?

2. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Oh crap! I don’t know what I did but everything got reset to zero on all my devices!!

3. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Oh man. Beyond frustrated. Years of playing has disappeared in 10 seconds. Well it was good while it lasted..

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    OH NO!!!!
    I had to start from scratch about 5 months ago after I broke my phone.

at least if you wind up diving back into it, it’s one of the best TDs you could be forced to replay. And this time around won’t take as long since you know what works on what stages....
    so long as you win every level, the XP gain is pretty huge.

Caatalyst likes this.
  5. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK

Really sorry to hear this Jelt.

Could you recount the steps you took when returning to the game that lead to this happening? We recently added cloud save support and all of our testing worked fine so it looks like something else might be going on here.

Again really sorry about this.

We are reaching the end of development of our next content update which will include more improvements and optimisations and some bonus maps. It might be a good time to do a fresh playthrough then!

6. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Great to hear you're enjoying 2112TD syntheticvoid.

The next update will contain new maps, research and a rebalance of tech point distribution. There will be some new ways to earn bonus XP too. This should shave off some of the difficulty for new players during the early game. We are also looking at making the tutorial almost entirely skippable.

7. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX Member

May 22, 2021
    30 games in and cannot figure out Mars Terraforming Plant. Between the flyers, hordes of minions, and Thinkers that paralize my turrets at the worst possible moment I just can’t seem to get ahead far enough to build up defenses. Tried 3 artilleries in the middle, flames at spawn points, and machine guns at the base: nothing seems to get me past wave 8 of 14. Any tips?

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #488 syntheticvoid, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
    I start that stage with a machine gun on each side of the command center, the command center’s machine gun and a flamethrower on the lower, left-most slot. After that, a plasma gun on each side of my machine guns, and flamethrowers up the ‘alley’ right across from the command center. Artillery in the back, towards the top later on in the stage and focus my $$ on upgrading the two machineguns beside the command center until they’re both rocket pods that can deal with the flying attacks.

Oh, and all of my air bombers (outside of the first couple times they’re used taking out larger groups of enemies trying to build up currency) and turret’s special attacks get focused on the Thinkers that paralyze turrets and the larger aliens.

**disregard everything I’ve said if playing on nightmare. I’ve only cleared the first 4 stages on that difficulty...

9. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Pretty solid strategy by syntheticvoid. Having at least one machine gun turret upgraded with rocket pods as soon as you can near the command centre is recommended to deal with the meat clouds. The charged attack can pretty much kill one in a single blow. I usually have 3-4 machine gun turrets in total on this map. A couple of level 1 to 2 variants to chip away at the fleshwings so their numbers are thinned out before reaching the command centre. That way they don't overwhelm your machine gun turret there.

Another tip is to keep an eye out for zombie spawns. If it appears that zombies spawn more frequently from a particular spawn then placing a flame turret nearby assigned to weak AI targeting can be a good way of keeping their numbers down. Zombies are weak but in large groups they can overwhelm your MGT and plasma turrets so clearing them out with flame throwers near where they spawn is a good tactic.

10. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX Member

May 22, 2021
    Thanks guys! Shortly after I posted this I made it through Mars Terraforming by dropping a laser on left upper side of base, another laser in the center/middle, flames at left spawn and either side close to base, then an artillery on right far side of base. That really helped zap any monsters stuck at the wall, while also providing equal cover for those that got through to the base.

Now I’m at same point with Earth’s Defence Platform: stuck at what feels like two mandatory laser close to base right of the gate to deal with the Goliath, and staggering machine guns around them to ward off the flyers. Yet that still leaves me overrun with a triple threat of flyers, minions, or big boys (goliaths/slugs). If I upgrade the lasers I lose to the little guys, over-index on flames I let the big ones through. I’ll keep trying!

11. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX Member

May 22, 2021
    Random question: could someone explain why the plasma gun turns around and fires the exact opposite direction of the swarm of attackers on the base when it charges up it’s multi-lightning attack? Very annoying and I see no way of aiming the thing.

12. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    When you say swarm of attack? Are you referring to all enemies or air units?

A few things to note regarding the lightning turret that may impact how it behaves:
    • The plasma turret family can only directly attack ground units
    • The lightning turret base attack can indirectly hit air units when the lightning bounces off a ground unit
    • Both experimental plasma upgrades have a minimum range which is displayed by the orange circle (see image below). Keep an eye on this when upgrading as it will not attack enemies within this area
    • The lightning turret charged attack is manually deployed. When it has been selected you can press anywhere within the blue circle and it will discharge in this area. All enemies within range of the discharge will be damaged. Bare in mind you cannot deploy the charged attack in the orange circle.
    • AI targeting will determine which enemies the lightning turret will attack with it's base weapon. When set to high health enemies (Displayed in the image below) it will always prioritise the stronger monsters. This is generally what I set most of my plasma turrets to attack as they are the most efficient at taking down reinforced and demon flesh.
    Hopefully that helps! :)

Lightning.jpg

13. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Commanders!

We are excited to announce the release of our second major content update (1.5) for 2112TD.

The update is packed with tons of features and the changes requested by players, including bonus maps, new research upgrades, cloud save and more. It is free to anybody who already owns the game, just update to the latest version to get stuck in.

[​IMG]

CONTENT UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
    • The Campaign Continues…
      The Carrier forces have been defeated and left in disarray after the destruction of their overlords. UEDI forces must be rallied and a forward base established on the Moon in order to re-establish communications with Earth. The catastrophic effects of the invasion must be determined so that a counter offensive can be initiated.
    • Unlock New Research
      UERI scientists have been working tirelessly to get the upper hand on the invaders. Turrets can now be pushed to their limit with the new “fine tune” research upgrade. Communications logistics can be upgraded further to gain control of support units quicker.
    • Cloud Save (iOS Only, Android Coming Soon)
      Cloud save support has been added for iOS so you can now save your progress across multiple devices. Android support will be coming in a future update.
    • Balancing Improvements
    • Many balancing features and changes have been added to improve difficulty across all game modes, especially during the early game. New bonus XP awards, better tech point progression, faster tower construction and much more!
    • Tutorial Overhaul
      The initial tutorial has been streamlined with the option to now skip for TD veterans who want to get stuck in straight away. New tool tips have been added throughout the campaign to help players get acquainted with their defences and foes.
    Full patch notes for 1.5 can be read here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck commanders and have fun!

jelt2359, Jstorm and Son of Anarchy like this.
  14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
  15. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    When I saw you'd posted I was expecting a screenshot of all of the final mission completed on nightmare mode!

Good luck with the aftermath. You've got 24 hours.

Also excellent clip! It's been too long since I last watched Independence Day.

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I need to get some rust off first.

I finished the aftermath on normal to get the general idea of new maps.
    I really liked the 3rd map with its unique setup.

Not sure if I get to finish the nightmare in 23 hrs though… I barely beaten the first aftermath map on hard.

17. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Not in 24 hrs but beaten the aftermath on nightmare.

I think the first map was the hardest.

Attached Files:

Caatalyst and jelt2359 like this.
  18. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Very nice Jstorm congratulations!

How did you find the last wave on the moon part 2? I think some players are struggling with the mega flesh wing so we are considering tweaking the turret platform positions directly next to the command centre so that rocket pods are within range of monsters attacking from the front (south east).

My personal favourite is the Moon Pt1 one. Timing the fortification walls is a satisfying little mini game to clump up and destroy the goliaths :)

Jstorm likes this.
  19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I did fail due to the mega flesh wing on my first attempt on normal simply because I didn’t know its existence.

I didn’t have any issue with the mega flesh wing on hard and nightmare. If SW corner turret slots are occupied with missile turrets, they should do enough damage to the boss, even without using charged attacks. Also, two turret slots at the north? of the comm center are close enough for missile charged attacks to hit the boss.

I personally think you don’t need to spoon feed those players that complain about the difficulty. It’s doable with how it is now. It’s up to players to figure out how.

20. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    #500 Caatalyst, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    One of the biggest challenges since we launched was established the difficulty barrier across each game mode to ensure that we were able to accommodate a broad audience. It became quickly apparent that the launch balancing was very difficult for the more casual audience and it was impacting our reviews quite negatively.

I think we've reached a fairly good sweet spot now. Normal mode is much more forgiving but we've retained the challenge for hard and especially nightmare. To be honest, nightmare mode is basically how I'd recommend playing the game as it's the most challenging and plays much closer to what our vision of the game was from the start. I enjoy games that make me feel miserable but I appreciate that's not to everybody's taste :)

As for Moon Pt2, I fill those southern platforms with machine guns + rocket pods. When the mega flesh wing arrives I activate all charged attacks on it and it's dead before it even reaches the path :)