Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I think if we were to use numerical values then we would need to implement some sort of reference / scaling feedback so players know what the numbers mean. For the time being we will probably stick to the system we have but I've made a note to investigate.

Jstorm likes this.
  2. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I'd like to share these screenshots on our social media channels if that's okay Jstorm?

Jstorm likes this.
  3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #403 Jstorm, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    No problem.

If you want fancier one, here it is.

Attached Files:

Caatalyst likes this.
  4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    This is the build order.
    1. Base turret, 2 flame throwers at the center, 1 plasma turret near the base.

2. 1 flame thrower north of the crossroad
    3Mgs around the base.
    1 plasma at the crossroad.

3. Upgrade all the flame throwers to experimental.

4. Place artillery on remaining slots.

5. Upgrade 2 artillery turrets close to the base to the nuke experimental.

6. Upgrade all the MGs to the AA experimental.

7. Upgrade all the artillery turrets to nuke, except one which is upgraded to the EMP. I don’t know which spot is the best for the EMP, but I’ve been using the one right at the north of the crossroad.

8. Upgrade plasma turrets to the lightening experimental. These turrets are used to deal with elite fresh wings with the charged attack.

9. Unlock the slot next to the base and place an EMP turret.

10. Place nuke turrets on remaining 2 locked slots.

With above, you should be able to get to the wave 42 easily.

Caatalyst likes this.
  5. jelt2359

jelt2359 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    It happened once to me on Uranus. I used a charge attack, and it looked like it was powered down trying to recover after that (but I didn't pay attention to whether the charged attack actually went through, the bars were green not red though), but then just never did.

Caatalyst likes this.
  6. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK

I was thinking that you were switching turrets out for more artillery later on to hit such high waves.

I usually place a single EMP artillery where you have put a napalm turret directly to the left of the fortification wall. I'm going to try a similar set-up to you and see how I get on.

7. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    @Jstorm did you encounter the lightning turret charged attack bug on Uranus UERI as well?

8. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Asteroid nightmare bootcamp video is up:

Jstorm likes this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    No, Saturn is the first and the only map that I encountered the bug so far.

10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    The reason I keep those flame throwers is because they provide continuous fire, which guarantees that all the fast moving weak fresh enemies get hit, particularly spawnlings. Artillery turret’s slow rate of fire leaves some hole in the cloud for them to slip through unharmed.

The reason I do not place a flamethrower right next to the wall is to avoid two flamethrowers hitting the same taerget.

One question I want to ask is how the damage over time(DoT) works. From what I have seen, the damage on enemies sitting in gas clouds from a nuke charged attack stacks, but is it the same for the DoT after an enemy leaving the cloud?

Also, does fire and radiation damage stack? What happens when an enemy that is already burning gets hit by another flamethrower?

11. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #411 Jstorm, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    I have a rather minor request on some maps.

Some maps have call the next wave button overlapping with turret slots unless zoomed in. For example, the NE turret slot on Saturn and the SW turret slot on Mars.

I hope these buttons are moved so that I don’t accidentally call the next wave early.

Edit: I don’t see the purpose of spreading the call next wave button everywhere. How about just having one next button and make it hold to press?

12. jelt2359

jelt2359 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    When I have the left menu up in Uranus, sometimes the call early and shield button overlaps as well.

13. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    All DOTs do are additive regardless of the turret type. So for example if you deployed two uranium barrages at the same location the damage from each pool would be stacked. The same applies for flame turrets so the damage and burn time would stack even if it was two flame turrets of the same level / type.

Maybe we could make this clearer... Selecting an enemy could show the DOT info at the bottom of the screen. Thanks for that I'll log for review.

Jstorm likes this.
  14. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    This is something we have internally logged and will be reviewed in the future but thanks for reporting.

15. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    The Saturn slaughtering is upon us...

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I’ve been watching your YouTube videos, and it’s really interesting to see how different turret placement and orders are viable.

Also, waiting on your Saturn survival run with reaching wave 47 :cool:

Caatalyst likes this.
  17. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I love watching other players to see how they approach each map. When you've been working on a game for so long you think you've got the best strategy then somebody comes along and gets to wave 47 ;)

At the moment I've got a dev build of the game installed and it includes changes that will make it a bit easier for me. Once balancing has been done I will start a survival series... It may end up been after the next update gets released though.

Jstorm likes this.
  18. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Monster_TB_Sample.jpg The new tactical database is now in and undergoing final revisions.

19. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Just noticed this Jstorm...

wavesearly.jpg

You didn't call a single wave early! And I thought you were a pro ;)

20. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, the amount of bonus cash earned by calling waves early is too small for me to use the feature.

Also, the fact that I didn’t call any waves early maybe one of the reasons I made it that far on the particular run. If I ever call a wave, it is by accident.

For the feature to be used aside from intentionally increasing the difficulty, the reward should be something like 50 * wave number.