Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    When is the update planned? Also the AA targeting can come as a patch.

2. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    :eek: And all of your support abilities ready to be deployed! This might even be worthy of a future achievement. What wave did you reach in the end?

3. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    The groundwork for the next update was mostly laid out in content update 1 so it won't take no where near as long. We aren't too far off so it makes sense for us to release the AA targeting changes with it. I can't put a date on it but if all goes to plan I'd like to think it will be soon-ish.

4. jelt2359

jelt2359 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    In the endgame, frankly, the only things that matter are the charged attacks and the drone (for the immunity). The balancing is totally off after level 40- the upgraded base and the other support abilities, don't matter...

5. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Hitting wave 40 is no easy task. The highest I've reached so far is 41 on Saturn.

Support abilities and charged attacks are absolutely the main focus once you have maxed out all your turrets. There will be a little more breathing space between waves in the next update so it will be interesting to see how you guys get on.

6. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Another useful item (apart from arial attack) would be ground attack for all units, but especially artillery and gatling. It could work like the charged attacks for artillery, but for regular attacks too.

7. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    How about making the rocket pods anti-air only, and boost its damage to match up with elite fresh wings? Anti-air firepower is seriously lacking.

8. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Agreed. I always die because of the elite wings.

9. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I think first what we will try first is making them prioritise air units as this will basically create the same effect. Pete's just finishing off the tactical database QOL / visual changes and then this will be the next task.

10. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thanks for the suggestion Jelt.

A ground attack ability is on our task list for review but not a high priority at the moment. While i do like the idea of having this function I can see potential exploits. It might end up you can build a ton of them and just set them all the ground pound directly in front of the command centre basically making it invincible... Maybe we shall see. The uranium turret charged attack basically functions as a temporary ground attack right now and with the new increased salvo upgrade you can do some serious damage.

Rocket pods focusing on anti air is a very likely change that will come with the next update as I agree with you guys it would feel better if there was a turret which acts as a solid air defence system. The rocket pod barrage charged attack isn't intentionally supposed to be super accurate or focused on a single target. The idea is that when deployed, it locks on to all units in the target area and fires randomly at each one until depleted. It looks pretty cool and is a nice attack but will definitely be more useful when it prioritises air.

11. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, not quite. I separated a group of 10 or so elite fresh wings from ground units, and 4 AA MGs failed to deal with the group.

This is a problem because the AA MG turret is the only turret that can attack air with its normal attack.

12. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Sorry I might not have been clear in that previous post. In the next update which we are working on, the point you are making should be addressed. Once the tactical database overhaul is complete that will be the next task :)

Jstorm likes this.
  13. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Speaking on the tactical database overhaul...

Tower_Design_July2020-min.jpg

In the next update more detailed stats will be available in the TB, including the effects of research upgrades.

sebgo and Jstorm like this.
  14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Is it possible to have numerical values for the rate of fire?

15. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Beat me.

Attached Files:

Caatalyst likes this.
  16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I encountered a very rare bug where a turret got stuck in charged attack state.

The lighting turret right near the base was stuck at blue, meaning it’s trying to discharge a charged attack. I cannot use the charged attack, nor sell the turret. I was able to cycle through the targeting mode, but the turret is just frozen, not being able to fire.

This is my first time encountering the bug. I don’t know how it happened.

Attached Files:

Caatalyst likes this.
  17. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Yeah it’s happened to me a few times too. That slot was useless after that.

Jstorm likes this.
  18. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    At this stage, my iphone8 started to slow down.

Attached Files:

Caatalyst likes this.
  19. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    WOW! I really wish I could see a video if you hitting 46. The best I've manage on survival is 41 on Saturn. I think it's safe to say you would be top of the survival leader board.

Do you use that many artillery turrets from the beginning or do you swap them out as the waves progress?

20. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thank you for reporting this I've logged. I will see if I can replicate. If there is anymore information you think might be useful or related then please let me know.

Has it only happened once or multiple times? Is it only when the tower is built at a specific tower platform or does it happen on different platforms and maps?