Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I just finished the final mission. I think I’ve beaten the normal difficulty under 5 hours?

But there is hard difficulty and it seems beating the game unlocked the endless mode. No clue how long it will take me to beat the hard difficulty. I had to restart a few time for last 4-5 maps even on normal difficulty.

adin and ste86uk like this.
  2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #22 Jstorm, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Well, I was playing the final mission on normal when you posted the reply, so I didn’t take the screen shot of the ending dialog. I am attaching the last mission briefing with my score. I hope it serve as the proof. I don’t mind however you use it.

As of the drone, I use it primarily for shielding the base, hence not really utilizing the damage boost? Or whatever the buff it provides. Also, it would be great if missiles can be fired with hold rather than tapping, and maybe better to have a crosshair or something that offsets from the finger location. It’s quite easy to lose the target when covered with a finger.

Also I will take back the feedback about the Gatling being useless. I had to use it for the final mission to deal with Muscle Hounds.

Attached Files:

3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Sure, I can do that. Just to let you know, it won’t be on the US store and I will be writing in my language.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @Jstorm congrats on being the first to finish it! And that sounds like a good amount of gameplay time even without counting hard and endless so the price of admission seems very fair.

It’s also nice to see the dev responding and you must have really liked it to sink that much time in already.

Jstorm and Caatalyst like this.
  5. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Fantastic thank you!

A good tactic for the gatling gun is to assign it to target weak enemies as it shreds through weak flesh, especially zombies. Place it behind your flame turrets so that it can pick off the weak enemies that get through.

Jstorm likes this.
  6. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK

Thank you for the addition feedback.

7. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    And congratulations on completing normal mode! I will post this on our social media shortly as you are the first to report :)

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’m buying it anyway but can I ask how many levels it has?

Caatalyst likes this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #29 Jstorm, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    11, but even first few maps that usually serve as tutorials will try to overwhelm you.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Any chance?

Caatalyst likes this.
  11. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Sorry I missed that reply.

2112TD is offline. Currently there is no icloud save function.

12. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    If anybody completes the campaign on hard please let me know!

I'm particular interested to know how players get on with the last 3 maps on hard mode. It even took me a fair few goes to get past the Last Stand on hard.

The elite monsters add a bit of extra spice to the mix.

13. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Good luck with the campaign ste86uk!

Share how you get on with!

ste86uk likes this.
  14. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m always very happy to see a new Premium TD, they’re very thin on the ground nowadays and this is good. I’m enjoying it, it reminds me slightly of an older top down TD series, can’t remember the name sorry but there were a few of them and they also had fortified walls as part of the defence.

my only complaint so far is that I’d like the option to zoom out further to see the whole map.

Caatalyst, ste86uk and anthony78 like this.
  15. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thank you for the kind words Orange and your feedback is noted! Keep me posted on how you get along with the campaign :)

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I just played the first few missions on normal and I’m liking it, I’m happy with my purchase and looking forward to playing more. I have to say I’m enjoying the length of each map so far, so often on TD games the levels are so short you hardly get to place everything or upgrade it very much.

The graphics are obviously old style as was said about the game anyway but as someone that lived old C&C games it doesn’t bother me at all and works. My only tiny gripe is the enemies do look very tiny but that doesn’t really matter at all.

Trying to spend my upgrades wisely hopefully so that they will help me later on. Early favourites for my towers so far are the flamer and plasma, the gattling is very useful so far too.

Caatalyst likes this.
  17. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Fantastic glad to hear you are having a good time ste! Have you unlocked the drone yet? You've got some much bigger monsters to encounter when you get a bit further on ;-)

ste86uk likes this.
  18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Any thoughts on giving us the ability to zoom out to see the whole map?

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Caatalyst not yet but I’m only a tiny bit away from level 6 now although I just lost on the same level 3 times in a row!

@anthony78 I don’t see why it’s really necessary since you can pan around easily and the maps aren’t that huge when your zoomed out. It’s not like you need to watch every inch every second. Of course it would be a bonus for those that want it but it seems perfectly playable without it.

Caatalyst likes this.
  20. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I've made a note of your feedback. Some maps it won't be possible because of the dimensions.