Universal 2112TD: Tower Defense Survival (By Refinery Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Caatalyst, Jun 3, 2020.

1. jelt2359

jelt2359 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    BTW I've been wondering about the green uranium smoke- does that affect the meat cloud, since that attack looks airbourne?

Caatalyst likes this.
  2. Caatalyst

Caatalyst Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    The wall placement is a bit cheeky on this map and you've got to keep an eye on it ;-)

I had the flame turret assigned to focus on low HP enemies so it was prioritising zombies. There's a lot on this map that spawn so it can be helpful to try thin them out before they get too overwhelming at choke points with the other monsters

3. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    It doesn't but I think this would make sense to apply considering the radiation FX would be air borne - Feedback noted.

4. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Finally got past level 30 on survival!

The EMP is actually really useful in later levels- I hate to say this, but arguably more useful even than the plasma lightning.

I'm just not sure what the gatling gun is good for- it seems to have an overlap with the flamethrower for hitting crowds, and the flamethrower just seems better.

Jstorm likes this.
  5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, talking about the flame thrower I find lvl3 better than the wide flame experimental because of the continuous fire. I had a lvl3 flamethrower holding zombies on its own, upgraded to the wide flame, and zombies started pouring out.

6. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    How about napalm?

7. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I upgrade to napalm if the flamethrower turret needs extra range to cover the path. I don’t notice any downside with narrowed flame. I set the flame thrower to weak target only.

8. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK

The EMP certainly shines the most on survival.

The gatling gun performs more as a bit of an all rounder against weak and tough flesh monsters with its charged attack providing moderate damage to all armour types. I agree though that its purpose could be better defined and I have a plan for it but this will be introduced with the next update we are working on.

We're not quite ready to go into details of the next update yet but it will be a chunkier content update and for the most part introduce some overhauls and additions that directly respond to player feedback. I will share some teasers as we progress :)

9. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    We've just released a new boot camp video!

It's time to take on the brain boss and show the flesh spawn who’s in charge on the Carrier.

10. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Great video. Is there a reason why the rocket special attack doesn't really seem to work on the Meat Cloud? It seems to shoot below it, which is strange cos' the meat cloud is the main reason to use the rocket..

11. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    If there's multiple targets within range the barrage will engage multiple targets simultaneously. If you just want the rockets to hit the meat cloud (which is the most efficient way to use them) then it's best to clear out nearby targets first. I got a bit sloppy and fired them too early :)

12. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I think you're right pointing this out though. It would probably make more sense if they priortised air targets. WIll make a note!

13. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    That’s a good fix. I’ve stopped using the barrage. The meat cloud is seldom on its own, and using the barrage deactivates the rocket for a while after it ends. If the barrage isn’t mainly hitting the meat cloud, in short, I’ve found it’s actually more efficient to just leave the rockets to do their own thing in order to take out the meat cloud faster.

14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I noticed that a drone’s rockets can hit a meat cloud but not a flesh wing. Is this intended?

15. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    The next update will make using the rocket barrage charged attack much more worthwhile :cool:

16. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    Thank you for reporting this @Jstorm as we will need to investigate.

The drone fires air to surface missiles which shouldn't be damaging air targets at all.

17. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    We're excited to show you guys some stuff we are working on! I think I'll showcase some WIP stuff a bit later this week :)

jelt2359 and Jstorm like this.
  18. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Oh ok. I thought it was something like a meat cloud can be hit with rockets because of its size while a flesh wings can dodge rockets.

19. jelt2359

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    My drone can’t hit meat clouds... how are you doing this? Id like to try.

20. Caatalyst

Feb 7, 2013
    Refinery Games
    UK
    I've not been able to reproduce this either so if you do spot this happen again and you notice it's on a particular map or location let me know!