iPad 2079

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Carlos-Sz, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I woke up this morning and decided to purchase an unknown game... After checking the new ones the 2079 caught my attention due the shooter plus board style.

Priced $0.99 I choose it to be my Saturday morning unknown game pick. :rolleyes:

And for my surprise it's an interesting game!

You are confined to the board area (see below) and you move your spaceship by tilting the iPhone (very precise I may say) and control your cannon direction using a kind of game pad at bottom right. In addition, you can shake your iPhone to create a board blast with a nice animation touch.

In addition to the enemies shooting you can pick power-ups like any good arcade game has.

[​IMG]

I didn't play it too much but I think it's worth to at least check it. ;)

2. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    #2 parranoya, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
    kind of like geometry wars

The game play is similar you use your accelerometer to move and there is another control for shotting. Your little guy runs on a turning cube so you can which alows you to jump from the left side of the screen to the right avoiding enemies. The powerups are nice and the game play is fast and addictive. This one will go far.

It would be nice if there was a mode of play where you could use the whole screen and just be able to jump sides like in pacman. Without the cube spinning. Yes, the whole thing is geometry wars on a spinning cube.

Well worth 0.99$

3. networkman

networkman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    toronto, canada
    going to try it. thanks for the tip.
    :)

4. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Better every time!

I guess I should play a game for more than 3 minutes before I rush and post on its awesomeness. It got better ...after shutting it off and playing it again there are modes that are full screen! So this gets a ***** from me ----if you liked geometry wars you should drop 1$ on this.

Its has ingame titl calibration and great powerups ---shield --multipliers ----multishot ---rock drops ...way fun!

But I cant get back onto the revolving cube?!?!?!?

5. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Just go to the main Menu, Select new game then you'll have 2 options: select the second one to the cube.

6. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Faaaaaaaaantastic

Already my favorite game!!!
    Perfect in every aspect.

7. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    nice find. simple/effective game.

arn

8. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008

im loving the game too. its definitely the best controls scheme ive come across. my question is that i dont have a revolving cube. there are 2 game options: traditional which is fully zoomed out where you see the entire grid; and a normal (action camera) where the screen is zoomed in and you can scroll the grid but in either case i cant wrap around to the other side. am i missing something? thanks!

9. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I'm trying to decide if I should buy 2079 or Laser Challenge. They both look pretty cool. Can anyone give me a little review on them? :S

Thanks

10. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    quick video

11. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Hey, thanks, arn!

The game looks pretty sweet, I just want to hear what someone thinks about laser challenge before I make my decision. :)

12. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    As far as I understand the "cube" mentioned is related to the action camera... :confused:

@ arn

Nice video! It seems that you are already playing very well the game. :)

13. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Thx for the video. This game looks great, I'm going to try it.

14. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Enjoyed the video, looks fun! :D

15. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member

Glad that you all pointed out this game! It's a great find for $0.99 and plays very smoothly. Definitely will have a permanent home as one of my favorite iPhone games :D

16. Graham808

Graham808 Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Nice arcade game well worth the money ! Nice sound very nice control system (probably the best so far on any game I've played) nice presentation.

17. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    yup, bought it thanks to arns video and i like it.

fast-paced shooter, which is perfect for a 5 minute break at work. graphic looks better in motion, than you would think from the appstore screenies.

good purchase.

18. Alichan

Alichan Guest

This game is so much fun! It would be even greater if there were an option to have the firing control on the other side for lefties like me:)

19. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    just turn your iphone upside down and recalibrate it with the button. voila ...play left-handed-.

firing control is now in the upper left corner but if you don't mind.....

20. Alichan

Alichan Guest

....hahaha, great bit of lateral thinking there:) Thanks.