2012 London Olympics

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by backtothis, Jul 28, 2012.

1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Always look on the bright side of life.. *Whistle whistle*

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #102 psj3809, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    I was surprised. They're just the latest throwaway boy and with no talent. Wouldn't stick up for them! Only been out a few months, one album, usual boyband, there'll be another similar one out next year.

It's meant to showcase the best of British music from the last 50 years. One direction does not fall into that category AT ALL !!

Bit like the US having a 'best music from the last 50 years' and Justin Bieber is there, be embarassing

3. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Well, I guess that's that. USA dominated, as usual. Can't wait to watch the games in 2 years.

4. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    that was amazing. thank you london! see you all in rio, in four years time. :D

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #105 backtothis, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    Btw, lol Jessie J.

Anyways, just watched the extinguishing again on NBC. It's definitely been a great 17 days of sports. Going to be so old when the 2016 Olympics start, heh.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    'Dominated' ? They just got more gold than China and at one stage China had more golds for most of the tournament.

Dont get me wrong i love the US and glad they did well, but as always theres 'some' big headed comments which makes you sigh.

2 years time ?

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    He could mean FIFA World Championship Tournament/Cup in Brazil in 2 years.

Despite loving opening and closing ceremonies of Olympics, and of course Bolt running, I'm looking forward to football's wc more

8. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    That would be the winter games.

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh yeah there's those games too. Finland had an embarrassing loss to USA in last games on hockey :p Rematch time lol. We did win world championship a year after, but still, rematch and a win to regain pride wouldn't hurt :p Seems like US doesn't focus so much on WC as Olympics. That's probably due to Stanley cup finals. Actually I think that's the case with almost every team

10. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Ya he's Canadian

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well you know what i mean ! Talking about 'one direction' in the best of british music the last 50 years is ridiculous

12. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    It is ridiculous, as one direction are talentless twatbags. However, i guess they wanted a general scope of popular British music, which is why we got the equally awful Spice Grannies. Still, overall, loved the multicultural mix up and the Freddie Mercury + Lennon bits were quality.

Did we really have to celebrate London's anorexic fashion? Last thing i want to see is those stuck up b******s prancing around. Cokeheads have no place in an Olympic ceremony.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah that bit was boring with those skinny models.

Shame a fair few people turned it down, Kate Bush was asked but said no, Rolling Stones also and the Sex Pistols (So John Lydon doesnt turn down a tack tacky butter commercial but wont do this gig ?). Weird.

The opening ceremony was far better than i thought, the closing one wasnt too bad, just annoyed by some of the crap like Jessie J who has only been 'popular' for a bit, she got a lot of airtime sadly.

I'm no George Michael fan but thought it was bad his second song was his new single hes promoting (and it wasnt even good). Thought the Spice Girls sounded poor. To be honest my favourite group (Oasis/Beady Eye), Liams voice wasnt the best, glad they were there but wasnt the best performance, think after a long world tour his voice needs a rest (it sounded far better earlier this year when i saw them play).

Enjoyed all the sports though, often theres nothing on TV, did enjoy watching a variety of sport.

Being from the UK though i was very happy the Olympics was a huge success, plus a huge amount of medals for Team GB after a terrible performance 4 years ago at Beijing. Rio's got a lot of pressure on them !

14. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Haha yeah George's second song was defo a WTF moment for me, very poor. I don't know much about Jessie J but she has a strong voice, though I kinda just wish they'd kept those screens in the middle and let Freddie sing we will rock you instead. Also, would have been great to see Liam + Noel on stage for Wonderwall... maybe with some security seperating them so they didn't smash eachother up afterwards :)