Universal 20 Minutes Till Dawn (by Erabit Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Sep 9, 2022.

1. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    It seems really quiet in here for such an amazing game. Any build tips?

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #42 Quoad, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    Chuffing anything mate, just work to your characters’ strengths. Think about what weapons will do and how to build around them.

Eg shotguns, crossbow you want reload buffs, NOT added ammo. Smite becomes chuffing amazing on eg diamond, with +10 damage per full heart, with added hearts and refilled hearts per 500 smite kills. Most hearts I’ve had is 13 on that built. Smitearoonie.

SMGs benefit from all the ammo + fire rate buffs. Should be able to get to a place where you never have to reload and are just spitting exceptionally fast lead (and elemental) death like anything. I’ve seen the electro char recommended for smg, lightning every third shot mitigates the light initial damage.

Summons builds are supreme with bats. Ghost is shite but ghost adds summons damage, +15% twice then +40%. Your bats are also bullets so you can add bullet buffs to those too. Best char I’ve had on that was the one with “spit in random directions” passive, just charging around spitting out megadeath self targeting bats. Main limitation was how fast I could pick up more xp.

So, yeah. Have a think about what works and what doesn’t. Don’t eg go for reload buffs on an smg if you’re planning for infinite ammo.

If you can get past the 5 minute boss and 10 minute new googlie eyed dickheads you’re probably gonna get to the end. If swarms are causing you difficulty by 10 (if you’re still having to walk backwards instead of walking through them) ime that’s a sign of trouble.

gvegas66 likes this.
  3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Also, wondering if crossbow is bruk with screen controls, says to hold button for added pierce and damage, but no button holding possible.

gvegas66 likes this.
  4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Here is a crossbow build with 2 mins left to go. It passes what I think of as the sniff test, ie no hordes can get close enough to be a threat. And at this point, every kind of horde is trying to horde me. Maxed out on reload buffs (smite, 10 bullets in a circle in particular), loads of buffs on each bullet (the 10 are only 10%, but if they freeze, curse and inflict fire…) and absolutely stacked dragon (fully upgraded first 2 mins), tho tbh I never really developed summons apart from him!

Idk, l6 darkness? Maybe 5. New character (whose buffs I haven’t used at all here). New weapon. Went soft. Smashed it.

edit: I think this may be the char for grenade launcher, only weapon I haven’t completed with. The challenge with it is that you soon get surrounded by explosive ordnance that can kill you, and so conventional strategies (walk towards, shoot, gather xp) no longer work. This lass has a dash, and boss (and elite?( upgrades for it make her invincible whilst dashing. Can see that working

909BEE5F-E1A4-451E-BEF2-1EBB32749536.png

gvegas66 likes this.
  5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    This build really broke when, using Scarlett + SMGs (with double double shot) and all the flame bonuses, I picked up a “fire rate +10% every time you inflict burn, resets on reload” on SMGs that had triple ammo + so many ammo buffs that they never needed reloading.

I have ended up with many ridiculous builds. This is the most ridiculous of them!

5401B7AD-81A7-4F15-8DE5-B1D02281594F.png

59F81717-A813-4827-8BD4-46D2BB7E0A47.png

Anotherkellydown, Skall and macplash like this.
  6. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I wish they fix the cloud save… really does not work at my end for some reason

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Having finished the game on 15 darkness (Diamond, shotgun and smite build) I am left wondering if endless is on the iOS version at all? I assumed it would be an unlock. Nope?

8. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Free version is available now

9. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Got through the 20 minutes on with SMG and Diamond, the first 2 unlocks I bought, with relative ease. Kinda disappointed there isn't more to it. LOOOOOVE the art style and limited color palette. They should add new color schemes as unlocks like in Downwell.

sebgo likes this.
  10. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Just purchased it and loving it! So addictive. Question, someone mentioned a skill button in an earlier comment, do all characters have this? I don’t seem to have anything on the controller other than move and shoot!! Am I missing a whole level of attacks?

11. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Some characters have the active skill only, you can check it by selecting/unlocking characters.

12. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Is the cloud saves are working for you guys? It never worked at my end

13. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I have the free version and each time I delete it to stop playing... I'll reinstall a day later. So far, the save is still there. I just tried installing on the iPad and the phone save transferred.

14. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Never worked correct for me either. It only saved like one time then never again. It saved locally of course. But I couldn’t swap between phone and ipad. But I haven’t played since the last two updates.

15. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hope they can fix it then. Weird it was not adressed before and the fact it s working for some and some not…