2 Questions! (Kinda) Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Brawwwn, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Ok possibly more than two?

I am experiencing what is commonly referred to as a dilemma, or a pickle... I will get to that in a minute.

First I was hoping someone could help me out with this. Why is it that when I factory restore my iphone and restore from the icloud, I have all the same apps as before, but ~2 gb more space than before the restore? What I'm wondering is, what is all this extra space being taken up, how can I prevent this, and is there a way to clear up this space without restoring my phone since that takes a half hour every time. I try all the basics, deleting old photos, clearing safari cache, deleting unnecessary apps/space. I can free up a little space but a restore always magically clears up a couple gigs. It's great, but I'd rather not need to do a factory reset monthly. Whenever I do one, I can put a ton of stuff back onto my phone and still have more space than before... Any thoughts? I'm perplexed.

Second, and this has lead me to doing the restores which lead to this discovery... I adore the Game Ridiculous Fishing. Lately when I fire it up it hangs on the loading screen, forever. Deleting the app does nothing when reinstalled, doing a hard reset is hit or miss, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. The factory reset works, but eventually I run into the same issue, and only with this game which is really unfortunate because the game is a blast and I really want this issue to go away. I tried downloading from itunes and syncing and did another factory restore so it's working for now, but I fear I will run into this problem again and have no idea what to do. It is only happening with this game and I can't find any information online about it. One person mentions it in the games thread here on TA but no solution is provided. Is it because the devs abandoned the game? I am just puzzled and would love advice.

So yeah, way more than 2 questions. Really 2 main points with many questions. Anyway if anyone could help out I would really appreciate it. I get so nervous opening the game fearing the loading screen of death haha! If it helps, I am using an iPhone 5S 16GB with the newest OS 9.3.1

Thank you!

- Brawwwn

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    for Ridiculus Fishing, you probably have the GameCenter bug. Either Backup to pc, factory reset and restore backup from pc, or download the 9.3.2 beta - or wait for the beta to reach release.

3. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks. The TA forums are really helpful with one answer in over 12 hours.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Do I detect sarcasm? :cool:

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Ridiculous fishing and some other games won't load for me either, because of the Game Center Bug, which I've had since iOS 8. I miss it too!
    It's not the game dev's fault - it's an Apple thing.
    SUPPOSEDLY there is a possible fix in the next iOS update.

As for the space issue, there have been lots of articles on it lately. Something to do with an Apple setting. Google freeing up space on iPhone.