iPad 2.2.1 games update problem

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hell_Gamer98, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Hell_Gamer98

Hell_Gamer98 Well-Known Member

Guys, I have a problem: after i've upgraded to 2.2.1, very often the app store shows updates which I've already updated. That gets on my nerves:mad: Someone know how to remove them?

2. DVS skillz

DVS skillz Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I get the same problem. Its annoying!

3. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
  4. yeah and sometimes it will try to install old versions of the games

it's pretty ridiculous

apple doesn't even seem to test their software before it's released

5. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
  6. Hell_Gamer98

Hell_Gamer98 Well-Known Member

Ok, now in screwed up! I wanted to try what happens if you tap on the "update all" button... that was a BIG mistake!
    Now it's redownloading the old updates, and one of them is iMafia!( hope my account won't get screwed up) ARRgh this sucks hard!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

7. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    yah me too..it really blows
    happens not only on my itunes but also on appstore on my itouch

8. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    same problem here. the only workaround that I know of is by exiting the app store and enter it again. most of the time the update count will dissapear and you'll get the all apps are up-to-date message when you click on the updates tab. besides, having a lot of apps installed gives me an edge. Most of the time when the glitch happens, the update count will rise up to about 5-10 (depending on how many apps you have installed on your device), I only give notice when the count is on 1 or 2.

9. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I have the same prob FFS

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    same problem here. is it necessarily with the 2.2.1 update? cuz it happens in itunes too

11. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Best Bet

Best Bet - if there's ever a discrepancy when you attempt to sync, do NOT sync or update apps. The store has had software glitches in the past and they are typically resolved by the next day. Don't take any chances or call them at 1-800-myiphone to inform them of the problem!

12. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Many people are having a problem, hopefully apple releases some sort of statement saying they're working on an update for this.

13. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    this happens to me too (shows old updates that i've already downloaded). what i just do is click on search for more updates again in the application view and then it corrects itself.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member

Same here. So far it has only been an annoyance: no game data has been lost. Seems pretty minor compared to the problems they were having back on 2.0 (when an interrupted updated bricked my non-jailbroken phone -- ended up getting a new one from Apple).