Universal 1sland (by nada studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sergioab, Jul 20, 2020.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Ah Maastricht that’s just half an hour away from were I live.

jacobinn likes this.
  2. jacobinn

jacobinn Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Just a quick question guys, we'd like to know your thoughts about the frequency of rounds. We set it to 6 hours so there are 4 rounds per day. We did this mainly because of the way we approached server infrastructure in the first place but we've always been open to changing this.

What would you think of a higher frequency of rounds? Let's say one round every 3 or 4 hours instead of 6 hours?

We'd really appreciate your thoughts on this one :)

3. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    For me it’s okay as it is, but if you wanna change it then I rather have 4 hours instead of 3 hours bc otherwise it’s taken to much gaming, I need to do other stuff too ha ha.

jacobinn likes this.
  4. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Makes no difference. Gave up searching for this island; probably just a mirage.
    My visits are just for fishing and ice collecting.

5. jacobinn

jacobinn Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Hahaha ok, thank you for the input!

6. jacobinn

jacobinn Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Darn it! I'm so sorry to read that... i swear the island is there :-(

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #27 icoker, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Gee, Roger. You've got to share some tips on how to find these islands!

Thanks for the wonderful reply, jacobin but curiosity is at my side once again.

Am I correct in assuming that if someone finds an island, that round is over and while you can continue to look for the next island, even if you find the next island, you will not get any rewards (i.e. win the round) until the next round begins? So I guess the question is, can you "camp" at the island and wait until the next round starts?

Also, I laughed when I read that the rewind button pushes an "afk" player 2 miles in the opposite direction. Talk about sailor manners. I hope I don't get pushed around while I've closed the app... I thought whenever I re-enter the game, I was at wherever I left my boat at :(

Just want to say that beyond the minimalist look, this game has great depth (in all honesty, no pun intended).

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hey it’s Willy! 6E5DF204-C4DD-4619-A5A4-14A0C7C88DF5.png

sergioab likes this.
  9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Is that "1" indicator the island that you found most recently?

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #30 ROGER-NL, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Yes it is the 1sland I found, and the arrow you see with 21 on it is my spot marker.

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Here are some tips: When a round starts first thing I do is fire a direction flare and then I sail in that direction, right after that you fire a distant flare to see how far it is, mostly it’s between 10 and 15 miles, after that I fire a marker flare that marks your current position, so when your sailing you see how far it is, you need two hands for this bc you need to sail all the time in one go never stop, bc time is everything when you want to compete.

icoker likes this.
  12. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    haha that's cool picture! (just so you know, we are getting both emails and reviews asking who the heck rogerNL is that wins so many rounds ;))

ROGER-NL likes this.
  13. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hey people I’m still playing, lots of fun to be had, getting the hang of the duck collecting game finaly, first day’s I was just going wild after the ducks but that was wrong ha ha, now I take it more slowly and making rounds around the middle boat and it gets a lot better now, got the races also more under control now.

The most fun is finding the 1sland every 6 hours though, I do 3 1sland runs a day, I skip the midnight run too tired ha ha ha.
    Very exciting every time in a relax sailing way ofcourse.

Just wondering if the game is doing well, if it has lots of players yet.

14. EmilianoDTH

EmilianoDTH Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    Is there a way to disable the music?

15. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    Glad to read that Roger! We are constantly working on new content, and we'll add more mini-games soon... so don't get too used to catching ducks ha! (That's the right technique, going in circles! Well done)

Around 7000-8000 different players compete every round, and 2500-3000 of those find the island before it finishes (not sure what's happening to the rest of them). Those numbers are going up a little bit each round though!

Tomorrow we'll release an update with a weekly contest and a weekly ranking; the winner each week gets a custom skin (that can't get otherwise) and a few more oysters!

Not so far, but we might add some kind of audio control in upcoming updates!

ROGER-NL likes this.
  16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Who said the King was dead whoooooooooo!!! 605E2673-B491-4C26-887B-F13668BFECE0.png

jacobinn likes this.
  17. Margaret Dax

Margaret Dax New Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Chicago, IL
    Saw this browsing the app store the other day, looks gorgeous!

jacobinn likes this.
  18. jacobinn

jacobinn Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Hahaha well done Roger!

19. jacobinn

jacobinn Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Thank you so much Margaret! Give it a try if you have some spare time to sail the seas and relax a bit ☺️

20. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    #40 sergioab, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020