Universal 1979 Revolution (by iNK Stories)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Looked around and the developers have said its not episodic but build in a way that more story can be added if popular. Sound like a good idea too me at least we get the full story and alway the chance for more.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #22 Dailon80, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Well that solves that will do in November thanks
    Still on first chapter just started playing but def feels like an immersive experience and i do like it but very early.

3. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    #23 Mince0, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/388320/discussions/0/412449508288336717/

The developer say here Black Friday is designed as a complete and stand alone experience but future instalments are in development. Good way to do episodes and story if your unsure about reception, and good news that mores too come

4. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #24 Gambler, Jun 17, 2016
    Very impressive game. Intense, true to real life story, great graphics, soundtrack and voice acting, all in all great production value. It's basically a Telltale game but with historical and political background from a very tumultuous time in Iranian history - Just much more interesting and original than Telltales latest stories (looking at Minecraft 6 or TWD Michonne)

I'd wish there were more games like this - Not the cliches from shooters or games like the Assassins Creed series but realistic personal stories combined with historical events. The story of a revolution that like so often ended with exchanging one terrible regime with an even worse one experienced through the eyes of a regular guy is a great idea and executed very well here.

Similar games in other environments would also be amazing: Russian revolution, fall of the Berlin Wall, French recistance, Wall Street crash 1929 etc. The possibilities would be endless.

I know that's probably a pipedream. Even though a lot of people could use some cultural broadening of their horizons (especially - no offense - (and of course by far not only) some US americans who can't even find the country on a map they're fighting a war against). Their demand is probably not high enough though. Super heroes, zombies, cool assasins or killing machines probably have more appeal, especially for the younger crowd.

Still hope it sells well or at least better than on PC - I could be wrong but judging from the viewers of a youtube playthrough (which had 38 views for one of the chapters) the game seems to have been flown pretty much under the rather up until now. Maybe (hopefully) that changes a bit with the iOS release and the coverage here on TA.

I'm not finished yet (chapter 12, about 2 1/2 hours in) and no idea how much your choices will matter in the end or even change the outcome this game is very well worth the 5 bucks. And to be fair in Telltale's games different choices usually only result in a few different sentences.

Yes 1979 has a historical background and tries to be educational of the Iranian culture and history but even if you're not too much interested in this - The intense story alone makes it worth a shot. And if you like Telltale's installments this game should be a no brainer anyway.

Not regretting the purchase a bit.

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #25 Dankrio, Jun 17, 2016
    Sold, Gambler. It seems exactly my cup of coffee. Thanks!

Edit: just bought the game, but haven't started playing yet. I love narrative games (a la Telltale) and really wish we had more, since touch devices are a perfect home for them.

6. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Just passing by to say how much I love playing this and how hard it is to take a break from it; I didn't have so much fun playing this kind of games since The Walking Dead Part One. Many thanks for all the positive impressions, they were the reason to smash the buy button:)

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Wish I had the space to play on my Air. I'm considering buying it on Steam, instead.

8. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    That's why I started cleaning my backlog. Starting from games installed on my Ipad.

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    That's what I did and I still don't have enough. My next device will just need to have more gigs

10. the canopy

the canopy Member

Jun 16, 2016
    wow

this game is seriously amazing .... it reminds me of the walking dead telltale games..... I've only made it to a little past the interrogation, but overall, I'm really excited to play the whole game.

LOVE IT!!!

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am looking forward to playing it. However, I might wait a little for updates adressing bugs, like I always do.

This kind of game is one of my favorites.

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    call me lazy, but yeah i second everything he wrote above. i truly hope their sales goes well so they can continue with this amazing stories(and gameplay too). best 4.99 i spent on a storytelling genre since twds01, GOT and TWAU (well thats a lot :p )

13. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    redribbon, did you finish? Is there many bugs?

14. #34 AppUnwrapper, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    I'm on chapter 16 of 19 and the bugs I experienced so far were small and far between. I had to replay a small QTE section over a few times because my swipes near the end wouldn't register and I kept dying. But it forces you to replay that bit until you succeed.

The other one can be avoided if you're careful where you walk, that you don't let the NPC lock you in.

Edit: Just finished and it's definitely left open-ended. I hope they continue with it, as it's a great way to tell the story.

15. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
  16. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    This is free right now.
    I don't know why.

17. kfelicity85

kfelicity85 Member

May 2, 2013
    Free?!? OMG! I just bought it a fortnight ago and paid full price.... #####

It was a great game but wish I waited just that bit more... grrr

18. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Due to its sheer size, I usually wouldn't be considering this one, but now that it is free, and after reading through this thread, I'm willing to give it a go.

It's ironic that even an iPad Air with 128 GB doesn't have enough room these days, with so many enormous sized apps on the AppStore.

19. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Got it for free and it was a dry good experience. Just a pretty abrupt ending for my liking, still recommended for the price.

20. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    I was on Sale 4,99- Free few days ago,
    Good game.
    Intersting story & Gameplay