1942 Style games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by learjetzoom, Jul 14, 2010.

1. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I am looking for a list of some of the best 1942 style shooters on the app store. I have an addiction to these that hasnt been quenched. My favorite is Espgaluda II but I havent played too many more and I bet there are a lot more out there to be found.

Thanks

Again,

I am looking for vertical shooting side-scrollers!

2. Nitzan

Nitzan Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
  3. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    If you don't mind more abstract visuals, both rRootage Online and Noiz2sa Free(both are full versions and free) are really really great bullet hell shooters ported from the PC. There is also Assault Squadron, but it isn't as good as Noiz2sa or rRootage, and it costs money.

There is also Warblade, which is like Galaga style(only left and right movement) on steroids, tons of polish and secrets, and a full upgrade system. This is probably the most fully featured shooter on the iDevice, and will give you the most bang for your buck.

I reallly want a 3rd gen device to play ESP2..

4. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Roswell Fighter is a good one.

Icarus-X has some background that tend to hide a little enemies or enemies bullet and seems a bit difficult but it seems good, I tried only the demo.

5. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Give a try to SkyForce Reloaded - an excellent title, scales pretty nicely on the iPad too.