Universal 1942 Pacific Front (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Are you planning to add online multiplayer

2. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Thanks for your Feedback. We kept the tutorial as a lot of users in 1941 Frozen Front didnt understand that they can recharge the tanks with the supply truck or at the base, etc. we wanted to be sure that everyone played it so that we get less complaints about it. You can skip the tutorial of course and go straight to the missions over the menu of the game. Sorry to say but if you would put a Price tag of 4.99 on the game. Too many consumers around the globe will pirate it and we want to update it as well and not many consumers will pay for extra new Level package. I would love to put a Price tag like 9.99 USD on such a title and we can make a living as dev. But most of you know that this is not working :( - What we have done is to develop a game free to Play and yes you dont have to spend a dime in the game. You can deactivate the ads as well if they are annoying to you. But we need to make some Money to Keep our Studio running.

3. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Yes we plan a multiplayer option as well in the near future! But we require more gamers first cause its annoying if you cant find another player in the beginning.

4. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Jim you dont even have to pay for consumables. If we would release a premium Version we will still have a currency. Cause that makes the game strategic as well. The game can be played without spending a dime and a lot of gamers do so. Some gamers spend money in the game. We dont have any "you have to wait for energy" stuff in the game. I even finished the game with over 50.000 gold coins so I even earn enough over the whole game. Just cause its Free doesnt mean that we do strange F2P offerings. Shame that so many think we want to rip of consumers cause we dont do it! We just want to offer a great strategic game for free caues we want to reach milions of consumers.

5. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Well maybe it is better to try to reach less consumers who are willing to pay for a game like the Sliteherine fan base then millions who don't wanna spend a dime. I understand the need to defend the current model but as it is now, its neither fish nor meat because the currency ruins the experience, at least in my eyes. I'm very happy that people at T.A. continue to speak out against the freemium model because it simply sucks. There are enough examples of good games, indie productions included that exist with a fixed price tag. Freemium is betting on two horses and generally speaking tries to mask weak value. You could also reach millions by making the first two or tree scenarios free and then ask for money. Some games that where freemium tried to turn the unsuccessful tide going conservative after all but by that time they lost a great deal of appeal. Pirating is a feeble argument because it is not less of a problem on pc's or consoles then it is on mobile media. The trick is to concentrate on the people that are happy to pay good money for a well made game. Being scared from the bad guys shows that you have reason to be scared, or at least leave that perception.

6. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    If we release a "high priced" strategy game (9.99USD) we will only have a possible target group of 10.000 consumers on iOS this will not cover our cost of the production. So sorry to say we have to go freemium to cover our development of the product. I understand that some of you dont like F2P games but there are different kind of them out there. I will of course answer all the questions around the game. Perhaps we try out the Premium Market out in the near future again but currently our games will be available also as free Version.

7. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I didn't try the game yet but the IAPs doesn't seem so bad?At least no timers (timers are coming right out of the gaming hell).I'm not against f2p in general if it's done right.My favorite business model is:f2p (with all the"good"stuff like ads and timers if necessary)and a"premium"unlock for a fair price.I don't mind if there would be still currency to buy as long as i'm not forced to buy them (and no hardcore grind is necessary to progress in the game).Mor like paying for cheats (or extra cars,golden weapons etc.).That is a win/win in my opinion.

8. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    crabman thats what the game is about. have fun trying it out!

9. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    #29 Jim Shorts, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    I know your trying to make money and I am not under any impression that your trying to rip me off. I don't see why it can't be a disable ads and all the other crap for an in-app unlock. See to me, a game like this is setup from the start with freemium in mind and thus consumables. Say this is a premium turn-based game, I've never played one where it was necessary to purchase consumables.

Regardless, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and give it a try... I won't even look at the two stellar reviews.

10. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    so give me your Feedback after you tried it.

11. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    a lets play video of 1942 Pacific Front
    YouTube: video

12. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Major Update 1942 Pacific Front out now!

Unknown Territory (new campaign)
    A platoon of brave Marines gets into trouble as they invade an island never entered by the U.S. Army before. They need your command!

UPDATE now on the Apple App Store

13. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Major Japanese Campaign update with new Unit!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]