Universal 1942 MOBILE (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Mar 9, 2017.

1. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    As a teen, I spent way too many quarters playing this at the arcade. A must buy for me.

2. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    There's this game called Rok that looks amazing that I keep meaning to buy, and you pretty much HAVE to look it up by the developer's name or google the link for it, because running a search for Rok doesn't show you the game not just for the first ten apps, but even for the first FIFTY apps. I don't even know if it is there at all I've scrolled so far searching for it.

I'll be giving this one a shot(by clicking the direct link in this thread), since both 1942 and 1943 are massive childhood nostalgia bombs. I remember playing nonstop shmups like Gradius, R-Type, and 1942, and thinking how we would inevitably get another sequel in the series "2042." Sadly that hasn't happened....yet

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I like the game. There is a sensitivity adjustment in the settings as well as an automatic fire and automatic loop settings. The gameplay is really authentic and very nostalgic.

It's definitely worth $1

Billy

4. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
    While I love the old games I used to play not sure how a twitch shooter could possibly work on a touch device without controller.. but for £1/$1 might be worth it just to hear the music and sound effects again ;)

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Here's my hot take: relative touch can be faster and more responsive than a joystick, especially on shmups.

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Nothing beats grabbing a joystick and button smashing!!

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    My experience with Cave shooters begs to disagree :).

8. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Agree with others - the nostalgia is strong with this one. Had to buy it.

There's a special fondness in my heart for 1942 and Elevator Action.

I probably won't spend ages on it - but after the very first try, I was already glad of the purchase and the memories.

9. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #29 Gurney Halleck, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Bought, and glad I did. I was apprehensive after the Megaman debacle, but this is honestly a faithful port with some fun added optional features adding significant replayability and modest customization of controls etc... A decent redemption for some of Capcom's AppStore shenanigans IMHO #

10. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I tried this on iPad air 2 chose classic mode and I feel the game is too fast like 1.5 times faster than the arcade version

11. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #31 nkx, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Not a big deal but waiting too long to buy should bought at a dollar. I'm waiting for ghost and ghouls one my favs. I hope we also get final fight 2 or 3

12. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    A little while back I decided to take a gamble on 1942 MOBILE and Ghouls'n Ghosts MOBILE by CAPCOM.

Even though there is a warning...

Both games have been running just fine on my iPad mini 5 running iPadOS 14.

[​IMG]
    I'm just not sure about that little bar at the bottom of 1942... not sure if that is by design.
    But it has not affected game play so far... but man, again what what great nostalgia.