[18 PROMO CODES] Leapy Up, Endless Leaper

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by ibekk, Sep 17, 2015.

1. ibekk

ibekk Member

Aug 31, 2015
    USA
    #1 ibekk, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    Hello Fellow Gamers,

I created my first app called Leapy Up. This iOS game is a fast paced endless leaper where you try to get the highest score possible while leaping onto moving platforms and avoiding the spiky beams of death. Leapy Up is a simple game that's easy to play but hard to master.

No in-app purchases, no pop up ads. Leapy Up is not yet available in App Store. It'll be for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and will be a free to download game.

http://leapyup.wix.com/leapyup <-- for SCREENSHOTS of game

UNLOCKABLES
    -Reach specific high scores to unlock different color character skins including a special character at the highest unlockable high score.

-Unlock 4 save points so you don't have to start from beginning unless you choose to.

INSTRUCTIONS TO PLAY
    Tap on right or left side of screen to change directions.

PROMO CODES (More to come)
    44YAAP3EFKW7
    FEE73L3F9JWW
    TWP33YYN69XN
    RLLWJNKTX76T
    RN4MTW77AF47
    T9F9X9K497YT
    WMJ3MTMR7LXE
    7MTNLFYR3J4F
    9LTWENEFRNKH
    FE9M7MHXNMLP
    R6P9R39PNPE3
    FWRRKF9T6YXK
    KANY4YM37TYA
    66KEEF7RWHNN
    9FRELMT7RW3J
    64663T9K6LMA
    NX97LEEANAKT
    3EJXMA6M3NFW

EDIT: Out of the 18 codes above, some are still available at bottom of 18 codes list). Please provide some feedback (what you like/don't like) about game if you use a code. Thank you.

-In comments please include which promo codes you used so others won't spend time typing in codes already redeemed. Thank you.

-In comments or Twitter/Facebook please give feedback on what you like and don't like about Leapy Up. I'd really appreciate it because I really want to know what you think. Also, if you can, please mention which device you played on.

https://www.facebook.com/LeapyUp

https://twitter.com/LeapyUp

Thank you all very much and I hope to hear from you.:)

MORE PROMO CODES:
    YTTRJNEY47NA
    A7L6MYTNREEX
    TJXMKY73NLKR
    4KFT4KNYM3AL
    LN9ARAE3MFWM
    JN7YEAY79RTP
    L3M74FXYY6HR
    7HKJFK6L4MWL
    P4RL3R6J4K37
    XAWNYEYA7RJN

If you use one of the ten promo codes, please provide some feedback on the game. What you like and don't like. To use the above ten codes, for each code switch the positions of the first letter or number with the last letter or number. This is done so people would read comments and see that I ask you to help with providing some feedback on app in comments section here. Thank you.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    FE9M7MHXNMLP taken...

thanks a lot!

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    7MTNLFYR3J4F thank you.

I've had a quick a play and I'm not sure what I'm doing, I'll keep trying but the second I tap the dude flys of to the side extremely fast and it's game over. Am I supposed to be going up through the gaps? Or landing on the grass platforms? Im sure I'll get it eventually.

4. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    T9F9X9K497YT

THank you

5. ibekk

ibekk Member

Aug 31, 2015
    USA
    Hello, cloudpuff. Thank you for trying out my app. You're supposed to land on the grass leaps and then jump onto the next grass leap and avoid the moving spiky beams. I created the game myself and had nobody to help me test it so I kept making it harder, that's why it's fast. Since I played it so often, to me it feels easy. So your suggestion is I slow down the speed of the character moving left/right? Which iPhone are you using or iPad or iPod Touch?

You should tap the right or left side of screen to change directions. It's not just a single tap anywhere on screen.

6. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Thank you.
    I'll try again #
    I was trying to aim for the gap in the logs to pass through, no wonder I found it difficult lol.
    I'm using an iPad mini1
    The speed might not be to fast, I'll give it another go in the morning and let ya know how I get on. #

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #7 Lavender, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    XAWNYEYA7RJN thank you

Dev;
    If you had not wrote how to play to cloud puff, I would not have been able to figure it out either.
    I managed to be able to land on a grass thing once so I kind of understand the concept.

I do believe it is to hard right now. I feel like if you are introducing a new concept in game play it needs to start out a bit easy so the player can understand it. I would suggest to start out slower then speed up.
    Right now, although I did manage to land, when I tap, the character does a quick swipe to the right or left and it seems impossible to land. Almost like there's not enough time to land. When I did land, I hit the moving logs immediately.
    Do not be discouraged. For a first game, it looks great. How many devs can say they've figured out an original their first time?

My suggestions:
    Slow it down
    When the character lands on the moving grassy platform, let it stop there instead of bouncing off. The challenge could be to get through those moving obstacles. As the game progresses, the character would have to jump off sooner or the platform could disappear....or??...
    You could choose to have two levels. An easy or tutorial level or casual play. Ie: slow. Obstacles don't move. No limit on how long the character stays on a platform...... And; A 2nd hardcore level. Mostly like you have it now.
    This could actually make the game available for more people to play including kids and the elderly and just casual gamers looking for a good time waster.
    Have a few ads that are not too obnoxious. Maybe some pop up ones but not timed video ones. ( they are so frustrating!) add 1 iap for ad removal. There are those that want to support the developer and this is a great way to do it. And; you also make the game available for those that don't care about ads and would never purchase the iap anyways.

Have different characters that the player can earn. Add gems or coins throughout the game that the player can get by leaping over them as they play. Use this in game currency to 'purchase' the new characters or outfits.
    If you really wanted to, you could offer volunteer video ads. The player would not be obligated to watch any of the ads. But, if they did, they would get 'paid' with in game currency to help with purchasing the extras sooner and although not much, you'd get a little extra too, to go towards your App Store fees.
    (((- Edit: I read in your post that there are unlockable characters or skins. I would still suggest being able to earn them with in game earned currency. With how hard the game is, the player may never be able to see the unlockables if it is based on score.)))

Good luck to you. There's a lot of potential here!

Edit: I re-read your 1st post. You wrote that you want to know what device we are using. (Sorry)
    I am playing on an IPad Air. Update: 8.3

8. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I agree with lav.
    I managed to land on the grass several times but it jumps straight off and hits the logs every time, it kind of feels like I have no control over that, since I can't seem to be able to land on the grass anywhere other than the lower left of the screen, and because I can't control when or the angle he leaps off the platform he hits the logs. I like Lavenders suggestion of having him wait on the platform until the player wants him to jump off. The building up speed as youngonsounds great too, it'll give the player enough of a chance to get the controls etc and then build up to super fast the higher you get.

I think with a bit of balancing then the game will be lots of fun and addicting, :)

9. kzerrrr

kzerrrr Active Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks! I took XAWNYEYA7RJN. I'll try providing some feedback after I play. #

10. kzerrrr

kzerrrr Active Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Germany
    #10 kzerrrr, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    It's really fast, I think you should slow it down for the first few levels and then bring it up to speed later on. Add a more detailed instruction on game like objective because I was confused in the beginning.

11. ibekk

ibekk Member

Aug 31, 2015
    USA
    I wrote in this post in INSTRUCTIONS TO PLAY to tap on right or left side of screen to change directions. I guess people didn't read that part. But that's alright, I appreciate your suggestions and will work on them. Thanks again for trying Leapy Up.

12. ibekk

ibekk Member

Aug 31, 2015
    USA
    Lavender, I very much appreciate your suggestions and will definitely work on them. The reason why it's so hard to start for many people is because I worked on the app myself and tested it myself. I guess once you make a game and you play it so many times that to the developer it's easy. So I kept making it harder because I couldn't tell. But thanks for telling me the character moves too fast. I will slow it down. In fact, I'll take all your suggestions into consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback, I'm glad I didn't release the game into app store right away and asked for user feedback first.

13. ibekk

ibekk Member

Aug 31, 2015
    USA
    cloudpuff, thanks for playing Leapy Up and thank you for providing the much needed feedback. Seems like everyone is saying the same thing, that the character is moving too fast, I'll slow it down and I'll work on everyone's suggestions.