17-year-old sells his kidney for an iPad 2!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Nightstalker, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Wow! Where are this kid's priorities?!?

An ipad 2 is worth a lung at least!

2. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    i would, defiantly you only need one and your life expectancy isn't shortened from it you have two because a long time ago if a caveman ate something that caused a kidney to fail he could still live. moral is, eat well and you only need one /end
    ;)

3. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    lulz
    win

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Sure you can live with one kidney, but you have two kidneys for the same reason you have two eyes, two ears, two hands, two testicles - if one stops working then you have another. Except with the those examples you can live without them at all. If you only have one kidney then that can lead to future health problems and if that kidney stops working for whatever reason then you're dead. I know the risk of that happening is small, but it's a risk I'd rather not take.

5. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    actually for hunting you needed two (much more effective) ;)
    not if you eat properly ;)
    but yeah your right if one kidney stops working you got the othe if one testicle stops working etc...
    just to be picky

6. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Oh, sure, because freak genetic mutations that occur to allow cancer in every other tissue in the human body surely cannot occur in the kidney no matter how well you treat your body.

And it doesn't even have to be cancer; there's lots of other diseases to take one of your organs out. There's a reason you have two. Quit talking like you know better than millennia of natural selection and genetic mutation, or God, if that suits your fancy.