Universal Dragon Coins - (by SEGA CORPORATION)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2014

Dragon Coins: a Coin Dozer RPG

COIN DROPPING ACTION, MONSTER-COLLECTING FUN!

Dragon Coins is a FREE monster-collection game with a fun arcade …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Dragon Coins is a FREE monster-collection game with a fun arcade twist. Epic adventure awaits as you battle enemies, collect unique monsters and become a coin dropping master!

MASTER THE DROP!
    Charge your monsters up for attack by dropping coins on the moving platform! Push coins off the edge and watch them attack! Lead your team to victory as you master the art of coin dropping.

COLLECT AWESOME MONSTERS!
    Assemble your team from 100’s of unique and powerful monsters. Win monsters in battle or use the summoning box for a chance at getting Ultra-Rare creatures.

MAKE YOUR MONSTERS POWERFUL!
    Evolve your monsters with coins won in battle! Unlock the true potential of your favorite monsters by combining them with other monsters.

FEATURES
    •Arcade coin dozer fun
    •100’s of unique monsters to collect and battle
    •Monster evolution and fusion
    •Special monster powers
    •Tons of missions and enemies to fight

Note: A network connection is required to play. Dragon Coins is completely free to play, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you do not want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings.

Privacy Policy: http://www.sega.com/mprivacy/
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:
    Release:May 08, 2014
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I think the screenshots are doing much, much less for the game.

Looks like it's their spin on "coin dozer" or whatever those games are called.

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    card game of some sort?

If so, and if it ever makes it to Canada/US, will probably give it a try :)

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow this could be really fun. I hope it's not a pay to win kind of game but yeah.. that trailer is totally the most amazing thing ever!

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahh I like it! I didn't have time to go through all the video so I couldn't see if there was IAP. But the game looks really fun. Is it all automated though? I seem to think that the coins just drop and it pushes automatically so there's nothing to do except watch if you win or lose.

And it looks like it might need Internet to play huh?

6. gunwalloe

gunwalloe Member

Dec 16, 2010
    IT Service Desk
    Brisbane, Australia
    This is currently out in australia. its quite good fun.
    Not too hard on the IAP yet and i am a couple of hours in. Alot of creatures to collect and level. And the coin game is fun.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cool info. Been keeping my eye on this. Wondering if this is out anywhere else before i open my AU account?

8. mikeworld

mikeworld Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Few things

* I dont know if its coin dozer but it defintiely reminds me of a slot game I played. Even the platform where coins fell is the same. But thats not important
    * release date for US?
    * I hope the battle is automatic. I don't want to be pressing the spin (if there is one) every time
    * are you able to control how many coins drop? if so how? game like these need to be fast paced. from the looks of it, its slow to push the coins which I'm not liking. also coin drop is also slow
    MAKE IT FAST!

9. gunwalloe

gunwalloe Member

Dec 16, 2010
    IT Service Desk
    Brisbane, Australia
    Game Impressions

Its a coin drop game, similar to slots, found alot in arcades in japan. There arent many of these kind of things in australia. You touch where you want the coins to drop on the top level, and that has some control to which slots the coins fall in at the bottom. The slot that the coin falls into, the corresponding monster will attack. You can choose your team, so you make teams with matching or negative elements to do better in battles.

I am still really enjoying it. The levelling system is fun, you have to sacrifice monsters to make other ones stronger and level. But monsters are easy to get by repeating missions.

I highly recommend this as a free to play game. Much more longevity and enjoyment than Disco Zoo

10. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Also available in Canada now:

Dragon Coins: a Coin Dozer RPG

Dragon Coins is a FREE monster-collection game with a fun arcade …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Dragon Coins is a FREE monster-collection game with a fun arcade twist. Epic adventure awaits as you battle enemies, collect unique monsters and become a coin dropping master!

MASTER THE DROP!
    Charge your monsters up for attack by dropping coins on the moving platform! Push coins off the edge and watch them attack! Lead your team to victory as you master the art of coin dropping.

COLLECT AWESOME MONSTERS!
    Assemble your team from 100’s of unique and powerful monsters. Win monsters in battle or use the summoning box for a chance at getting Ultra-Rare creatures.

MAKE YOUR MONSTERS POWERFUL!
    Evolve your monsters with coins won in battle! Unlock the true potential of your favorite monsters by combining them with other monsters.

FEATURES
    •Arcade coin dozer fun
    •100’s of unique monsters to collect and battle
    •Monster evolution and fusion
    •Special monster powers
    •Tons of missions and enemies to fight

Note: A network connection is required to play. Dragon Coins is completely free to play, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you do not want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings.

Privacy Policy: http://www.sega.com/mprivacy/
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:
    Release:May 08, 2014
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

11. ckhapa

ckhapa Member

Sep 1, 2009
    #12 ckhapa, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Game seems extremely similar to Puzzle and Dragons obviously, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. I am having good fun so far.

Please add me in the game as Touch Arcade "friends" are always preferred :)

2741 4655 1564

12. Zephro

Zephro Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Is there any disadvantage between evolving your monster as soon as it reaches 20, or waiting to max it out? Will there be any stat differences?

13. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    This isn't available in Germany so how is this a worldwide launch?

14. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Added!

I'm really enjoying the game, but I find the in game timers a bit annoying. Each mission requires stamina to play, usually around 5 (with your starting pool being 20). It gets replenished every time you level, which is often when you begin. Once I hit level 8 was the first time I ran out of stamina and fully recharging it takes around 4 hours +.

What makes it annoying is on later missions when you have no idea what element of monsters you'll be facing and you choose the wrong type. This basically ensures a failure on the mission and a lose of precious stamina.

I also tried the timed mission happening this weekend which required 10 stamina per play and got utterly destroyed.

The game seems fairly generous with everything else other than stamina. I just wish there was a pay option that unlocked a larger stamina pool.

If you want to friend me my game ID is: 6850 9339 4801

15. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    It may be considered spoiler territory, but knowing what the best element of monster to take into a mission can save you from mission failures and wasted stamina. For those who'd like to know what they're getting into it could be a helpful resource. I'll start compiling what I've found and people can feel free to add as they go and I'll try to edit the list.

Chapter 1
    A Hero's Journey
    1. Arimona Meadows - Fire Team
    2. Lake Pam'a - Wood Team
    3.Mt. Sunrise - Water Team
    4. Caget Coalmines - Light Team
    5. Golden Mesa - Shadow Team
    6. Beton Crags - I have to replay these, but I think a mix works well...

Chapter 2
    Beyond the Horizon
    1. Riemo Sea - Wood Shadow Team
    2. Gabbra Coast - Fire Shadow Team (All Shadow works too)
    3. Mt Galau Volcano - Haven't tried yet, but an educated guess would be Water Shadow?
    Feel free to add, fill in the blanks, or correct and I'll fix the list!

16. Bitgod

Bitgod Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #18 Bitgod, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Arrgh, damn you Penny Arcade, you got me hooked onto another game! Having loads of fun with this one, I'd never seen a coin dozer game before. But it's the RPGing that makes me stay for the pie.

Why can't any game with "tips" during loading find a way to either slow down if it recognizes its on faster HW or just put in a simple tap to continue? I know some people would be annoyed with having to tap all the time, but it also annoys me when there's a tip I'm trying to read and it leaves a second or two too early. Best design would be a tap to continue with a checkbox that after you've read that tip, it won't ask you to tap in the future.

Wish I knew how the leader option works in regards to offering it to others. Let's say I've made multiple teams that have multiple leaders. Is the leader on my main team the one that others see ALWAYS or would it change to another team leader if I'm either playing that secondary team on a mission or looking at that team in my team viewer, so that its "on top"?

I'm curious because I like to offer different leaders, especially ones that I don't see often being offered to me. My usual main leader is a C+ Giant, which I like to use for his leader bonus power up, and I haven't seen that offered to me before, but it also have some rare dark, light, and water monsters that I haven't seen or rarely see offered and thought others might like to try one out.

I'm having to start weed through friends and drop some if I see too many using the same monster, cuz I want to make sure I have room to add newer rare monster friends. I usually drop the lowest rank of a duplicate.

Knowing what kind of team makeup you want isn't that hard to learn. When you get a mission, there is a colored bar at the top, which tells you what most of the monsters you'll fight will be, and then you choose accordingly. Also sometimes it helps to look at what the bonus award monster is for a hint. I found that helped once because (and I may get the actual colors wrong here) that the first mission in a set was say dark, and then the next one was a different colored bar which caught me off guard, but then I noticed the bonus award monster was still dark, so I planned for those 2 colors and ended up fighting a good mix of both.

17. Bitgod

Bitgod Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Someone do me the favor to help answer my question. Look up my friend number and tell me kind of character you see for my name, it'll either be water, fire, or dark.

1684-6562-6146

18. Against_Demons

Apr 26, 2013
    Your leader is Dark (Phantom). From what I've seen, the leader your friends see is the leader of your main team, not the team last used.