Universal Dungeon Crawlers [by Ayopa Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iVaro, Jan 26, 2012.

1. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    #1 iVaro, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012

Dungeon Crawlers

Ayopa Games LLC
    "Dungeon Crawlers is a fantastic Turn-Based Strategy game." - App-Score.com "Great turn-based combat that makes you thin…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Dungeon Crawlers is a fantastic Turn-Based Strategy game." - App-Score.com "Great turn-based combat that makes you think..." - SlidetoPlay.com "As good as any of the great games in the genre." - TouchArcade.com "A dungeon crawler that will make you laugh while you loot!" - The App Shack Take command of the Dungeon Crawlers team as they explore goblin-infested hallways, lava-drenched caverns, and other hostile environs in pursuit of loot, women, and monsters to crush. With gameplay drawn from the best of tactical RPGs and a personality inspired by action/fantasy comedy films, Dungeon Crawlers takes the tactics genre and injects it with fun 3D battles and much-needed humor. AMAZING HD GRAPHICS Dungeon Crawlers boasts 3D stylized graphics, dynamic lighting, and Retina Display support for the new iPad. TACTICAL TURN-BASED COMBAT Consider your move and then leap into action, letting lose sword and spell to down your dungeon-dwelling prey. UNIQUE CHARACTERS The entire Dungeon Crawlers team – alchemist, druid, warrior, and dwarf – are at your command, each with unique skills and abilities. EXCITING MULTI-LEVEL DUNGEONS Explore 12 dungeon levels with distinct environments, deadly monsters, and lots of loot. A REAL STORY WITH HUMOR Not only is there great tactical combat, but there’s a real story behind it all too, with humor, betrayal, and triumph. MULTITUDES OF MONSTERS TO MASSACRE Battle goblins, skeletons, mummies, oozes, banshees, ogres, and more. AWESOME BOSS BATTLES Throw down against the deadliest of bosses in each chapter, including the wily Goblin King, terrifying Banshee Queen, and the dreaded D. Knight Shyamalan. TROPHIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS Supports Game Center with over a dozen achievements and also boasts in-game collectible trophies (more loot) to show off your dungeon crawling prowess. --------------------------------------------------------------- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news on Dungeon Crawlers and more great games from Ayopa Games and Drowning Monkeys. * www.twitter.com/drowningmonkeys * www.twitter.com/ayopagames * www.facebook.com/drowningmonkeysgames * www.facebook.com/ayopagames ---------------------------------------------------------- For more great games from Ayopa Games, visit www.ayopagames.com. We value our customers so please give feedback so we can continue to improve our games for you. *We are aware of the armor bug, which prevents armor purchased in the Store from displaying properly. A fix is in the works and will go live with the next update.* *iPad 1 users: Dungeon Crawlers requires a high amount of RAM. To prevent crashes, close all open apps and restart the device before playing.*
    Information
    Seller:Ayopa Games LLC
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Jan 26, 2012
    Updated:Sep 24, 2015
    Version:2.1.2
    Size:389.6 MB
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #2 backtothis, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    What do you know, it made it. Sweet.

Dungeon Crawlers

Ayopa Games LLC
    "Dungeon Crawlers is a fantastic Turn-Based Strategy game." - App-Score.com "Great turn-based combat that makes you thin…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Dungeon Crawlers is a fantastic Turn-Based Strategy game." - App-Score.com "Great turn-based combat that makes you think..." - SlidetoPlay.com "As good as any of the great games in the genre." - TouchArcade.com "A dungeon crawler that will make you laugh while you loot!" - The App Shack Take command of the Dungeon Crawlers team as they explore goblin-infested hallways, lava-drenched caverns, and other hostile environs in pursuit of loot, women, and monsters to crush. With gameplay drawn from the best of tactical RPGs and a personality inspired by action/fantasy comedy films, Dungeon Crawlers takes the tactics genre and injects it with fun 3D battles and much-needed humor. AMAZING HD GRAPHICS Dungeon Crawlers boasts 3D stylized graphics, dynamic lighting, and Retina Display support for the new iPad. TACTICAL TURN-BASED COMBAT Consider your move and then leap into action, letting lose sword and spell to down your dungeon-dwelling prey. UNIQUE CHARACTERS The entire Dungeon Crawlers team – alchemist, druid, warrior, and dwarf – are at your command, each with unique skills and abilities. EXCITING MULTI-LEVEL DUNGEONS Explore 12 dungeon levels with distinct environments, deadly monsters, and lots of loot. A REAL STORY WITH HUMOR Not only is there great tactical combat, but there’s a real story behind it all too, with humor, betrayal, and triumph. MULTITUDES OF MONSTERS TO MASSACRE Battle goblins, skeletons, mummies, oozes, banshees, ogres, and more. AWESOME BOSS BATTLES Throw down against the deadliest of bosses in each chapter, including the wily Goblin King, terrifying Banshee Queen, and the dreaded D. Knight Shyamalan. TROPHIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS Supports Game Center with over a dozen achievements and also boasts in-game collectible trophies (more loot) to show off your dungeon crawling prowess. --------------------------------------------------------------- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news on Dungeon Crawlers and more great games from Ayopa Games and Drowning Monkeys. * www.twitter.com/drowningmonkeys * www.twitter.com/ayopagames * www.facebook.com/drowningmonkeysgames * www.facebook.com/ayopagames ---------------------------------------------------------- For more great games from Ayopa Games, visit www.ayopagames.com. We value our customers so please give feedback so we can continue to improve our games for you. *We are aware of the armor bug, which prevents armor purchased in the Store from displaying properly. A fix is in the works and will go live with the next update.* *iPad 1 users: Dungeon Crawlers requires a high amount of RAM. To prevent crashes, close all open apps and restart the device before playing.*
    Information
    Seller:Ayopa Games LLC
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Jan 26, 2012
    Updated:Sep 24, 2015
    Version:2.1.2
    Size:389.6 MB
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Hell yes - le purchasing now.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#4 Sanuku, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    Smashing the Buy Button.

5. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Great news!

6. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Another one that gets my stamp of approval.

7. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I'll be sure to post my impressions very shortly.

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Please do. Really hoping for a lot of depth all-around.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sigh... all these games out now and im still out of credits. :(

Another game to put on the list for this weekend's to-buy.

10. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
  11. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Played through level 1-1 and so far I like it! You start out with a warrior, priest, and mage who each have one action plus defend they can take in combat. As you level up you get more actions (e.g. the the priest adds a damage attack to his initial heal). The graphics are really nice and along with the humor and what looks to be a fun story makes me want to stop typing and go back to playing. It is so great to see quality games coming out vs. the disapointments like Dungeon Hunter III!

-Greg

12. E@Ayopa

E@Ayopa Member

Jul 15, 2011
    #12 E@Ayopa, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    New Trailer Posted

Thanks for the praise, folks. We're super excited about Dungeon Crawlers and hope you like it. Being an old school tabletop RPG nerd myself, Dungeon Crawlers is exactly the kind of game I love to play. So I'm doubly excited to be able to actually publish it. We just posted a new "Available Now" trailer so you can see what the game's all about before you buy. It's got some new footage versus the "Coming Soon" trailer. Can't wait to read more feedback, and I'll be back to share more news about coming updates as well.

http://youtu.be/uIfcdCWcoGs

Elliott Chin,
    Co-founder @AyopaGames
    www.ayopagames.com

13. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Are the levels randomly generated? Wondering about the replayability. I see there's an arena mode planned, but I don't like purchasing apps based on future updates, as those often fall through.

14. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Love the Game

Will or does this support iCloud? Would love to game on the go and not have to have 2 different games going on.

15. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    When asked about game length, with just four (multi-level) chapters, how many levels are in the game:

Per the developers post on Facebook:

"Total of 12 level. 8 crawls and 4 boss fights. We will be releasing the final three levels (the fifth chapter) along with some other goodies in the first update. It's about 8-16 hours of gameplay depending on how methodical and completionist you are."

16. E@Ayopa

E@Ayopa Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Not random

Hi Magihiro,

No, the dungeons are not randomly generated. They've all been designed out ahead of time but with tons of encounters and good story bits interspersed throughout. We'd say there is a good 12 hours of gameplay on average for the first four chapters, which includes 12 levels total. If you are a completionist and want to grab all the trophies, etc, you'll spend several more hours with the game.

WRT updates, we're working on the next update as we speak that will add another chapter, meaning more dungeon levels, another boss battle, and some neat twists that go beyond the standard hack-n-slash quests. That doesn't even include arena mode, which as we mentioned is definitely planned. Right now we're shooting to include that in update 1, but we'll see. I will hopefully be able to share a date for the update later this week or early next.

I think you'll really enjoy the game if you are at all a tactics and RPG fan. But with regards to replayability, there are all the trophies to collect while you wait for arena mode. As that's what you're interested in, I will aim to post a date for that as soon as I can on these forums.

17. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Nice!

Downloading now! Have a good feeling about this one. Will let you guys know what I think.

18. E@Ayopa

E@Ayopa Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Hi. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get iCloud support in at launch. Will be in update 1.

19. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    Quick question, there any random encounters once you've cleared an area/level?

20. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Is this game like Pitman?