iPad 1112-episode 01-lite: Free

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by salsamd, Jan 20, 2009.

1. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #1 salsamd, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009

Attached Files:

2. Hailey

Hailey Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chilly Minnesota
    Thanks for the link. I'm trying it out. I've always been curious about this game, but wasn't sure I'd like it.

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    ooo can't argue with a FREE demo!

4. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    for me every game should have a free demo.

5. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Downoalded examined 2 objects, deleted.

A) do they abuse humor? once or twice is funny but every object's examination has sarcasm in it.

B) just not my type of game.:)

6. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I have the full version, very challenging and if you need to cheat, there are many walkthroughs on the INTERNET

7. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    #7 Master Shake, Jan 20, 2009
    I can definitely see me getting this but not at $8.

Yeah I pretty much did everything except what you needed to do in the lite version and knowing that you can click on the green words helps out (I looked at a faq since I was getting frustrated but I would avoid using one when I play the full version since that would kill the enjoyment.)

8. I actually liked the sarcasm and liked the main character (when other people here complained he is not likeable). Each to their own I suppose.

9. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    maybe I'll give the demo a try... I love graphic adventures, but IGN rated 3.5/10 this game

10. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Its free, you may as well give it a crack. IGN obviously can't handle a challenge ;)

11. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    #11 aghartastudio, Jan 20, 2009
    hi guys! wow the lite version is out already cool

well for info the first puzzle of the game is in here, all music tracks are included in the alarm clock as well, for those who hesitated, now they can have a try at the game before decided if it's worth it

as for the IGN review there has been already tons of polemic around it, obviously the game is a love or hate affair, You decide;)

we got a 8/10 on pocketgamer a 9 at iphoniacs 4/5 at iphone game networks etc... it seems the opinions on the game are completly depending on what kind of expectation the player have for the game.

at least now you can have your own opinion about the game

12. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Sr. Web Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    IGN reviewed an old version of the game. It's since been updated, so the IGN review is not worth the pixels it's electronically printed on.

13. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Absolutely adore this game, but I'm holding off on purchasing the full version until more episodes are released. I hate being in a position where I want to finish a story but can't until the next parts are released.

Questions to the Developer

1. Do you have any sort of time line of when to get the last episode out by?
    2. Are you ever going to release a compilation of the episodes once they are all finished?

14. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    #14 aghartastudio, Jan 20, 2009
    -Two-three months between episodes (When we'll have finish our secondary project it will be more something like 2 month max)

-Once it finished we will probably have the game on DS and Wii (we already had propositions from editors about this) for the iphone version it will depend on the size of the whole thing (It will probably takes something like 1go...)

besides don't forget "episode"are more like TV show episodes a la "lost' not loners episodes, meaning there is a recap at the start of each episode in case you don't want to play them all, so basically you can buy whatever part you prefer without missing much of the story.

each episode have a different setting and flavor the first one is more about the personal surrounding of Louis to anchor him in its reality, while the others are more focused around the story and twists.

15. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    Downloaded it. Definitely looks and sounds very nice, love the art style, but I did find it kind of boring, maybe it's just not my style.

16. sam the lion

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    This is very good news. My DS is my favourite platform for graphic adventures, and I also have a Wii. Will look forward for this.

17. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    This game is very awesome. Definitely on my list to get when I get another iTunes card :D
    stuck with opening the drawer in the bathroom, to what I'm guessing has a memo with a code on it... I might have to cheat, but I really don't want too... ><

What section of the full game is this? When and how does the lite one end (does it end with a message linking to the app store?) Main point being, will it benefit me in letting this one sit there and waiting til I get the full game?

18. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    it's only a very small part (the first puzzle) :)

19. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    replayability?

I was very impressed by the screenshots when 1112 came out but was not sure if I would be bothered to go through the whole story clicking endlessly for clues etc.
    Trying the lite version I was very pleased to see:
    - how much detail has gone into this game
    - the quality of the artwork
    - the story itself seems promising
    - I quite like the interface, it's quick and intuitive

But I still have some reservations about replayability. Once I've gone through the game once (this lite version was rather easy to solve, but not TOO easy, and it is VERY well done), what am I left with? I would like to have a comic book version for iphone to go through the story once the game is completed, at least. I believe the artwork is worth it.

The last thing is price. There are lots of games out there that offer HOURS of gameplay for quite a bit less (I know some of them are priced too low, but then again, a good launch strategy should help make a lot of apps profitable at a low price point, the whole idea of the app store is VOLUME through a unique portal for millions of users).

I'll probably wait for the next episode to come out to get this one. Congrats for a QUALITY app.

To those who object the abundance of sarcasm, I think it's just one way, and I can't think of many more elegant ways, to deal with the numerous "dead ends" you are bound to face with such an open game play, and a way to make this issue seem less boring/annoying.

20. sam the lion

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    ...sorry, wrong post