Universal 1001 Attempts - (by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Yes, those are coming along with a new icon again. This last update was a quick fix but we are still working on 1001. We will add more achievements, the suggested texts, new characters, and are testing new game modes like Ultramegahardcore mode.

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Sounds great, thanks!

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yay! I feel bizarrely happy knowing that any failure is now down to my own inferiority. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

4. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Yep!

New update should be submitted sometime next week.

5. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Any chance that update could bring back the old control scheme where the left/right movement was on either side of the screen and jump button in the middle?

6. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    You can change control scheme by hitting option button.

7. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    I know, however it doesn't let me drag the right directional button past the jump button, or am I just missing something?

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Still haven't earned this, but I suspect that the clue's in the title of the game.

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Haha, I like the way you think! If only there were a way to know how many attempts we've made.

10. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    That is....actually a great idea. Will come in the next update, for sure.

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Enjoying the new update and the new hazards, but think the stationary mine could do with a tweak. Sometimes the gem appears too close to the mine to collect. I had one appear directly above (touching) and offset by a single pixel to one side - maybe technically possible, but pretty tough.

Would be nicer if there was a slight exclusion zone around it (not too much, obviously) or if it didn't stay on screen for so long.

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Wooo! New update with hard mode. Just what it needed to reinvigorate this for me.

13. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    The latest and greatest update to 1001 Attempts just went live. Along with a plethora of characters, we've added hard mode for those who like a bit more punishment and abuse to start the day.

We also expanded the leaderboards options so you can rank in different categories, such as number of deaths. Why not get a little credit for effort? :)

As always, we eagerly await feedback and look forward to bring more games and updates in the future.

14. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Can we have the old icon back? I liked it more

15. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Sorry, no. There will always be those who prefer the previous icon so we have decided to always make a new one with each update.

But it would be cool if apple let's developers add multiple icons for players to choose....

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Nice. By the way, "Hardcore Pwn" is the funniest leadboard name I have come across yet. Well done to whoever came up with that one.

17. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks!

18. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    Would it be possible to add a character selection screen to the game? I would enjoy having a Super Crate Box kind of selection process, where the player can either choose an unlocked character or choose random.

19. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    It is possible. We decided not now because it would add more clutter to a game that is based on simplicity.

20. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    The "hard" mode is exactly what this game needed. But it needs more. The original mode was PAINFULLY easy, it took way too long to get hard (1 hazard at a time?!?!) and runs went too long to keep feeling like you were making progress. The hard mode is what the original mode should have been. Now what it needs is an "impossible" mode, something insanely difficult so every millisecond counts. That's what I like about Super Hexagon, it makes it so you constantly feel like you're progressing and getting better.

Also when you die, it shouldn't show you the punchline, make you stare at it for 3 seconds, then make you wait for the UI to pop up so you can just hit restart. Tapping on the screen immediately after you die should let you restart. The punchline/highscore/exit/share stuff can just pop up around the edges, but as it is respawning after you die takes an annoyingly long time.