Universal 10000000 by EightyEight Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 26, 2012.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hodapp wasn't kidding when he said this more fun than Dungeon Raid. It really has that dungeon crawling feel to it. Lots of shops, lots of upgrades. Loot. Rocking music and art. Unique time system. Looking forward to going on more runs. Definitely up there as one of the best releases this week.

2. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    What was the drain % for about 10 minutes of play, if you don't mind.
    (I try to keep battery draining games off my phone)

3. Plynx

Plynx Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    I really enjoy this game. 5 stars!

I play it with my SO, each of us on opposite sides of the iPad working together! That makes it a great coop experience, since only one of us can touch the screen at one time and we dart in and out and call out the quality of our matches and get excited!

4. RebelBinary

RebelBinary Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Software Developer/Designer
    Ottawa, Canada
    Love the game but the runs always end up being short. I run out of time to early (guess I 'll just have to get better), wish I could have more prolonged battle. This game is definitely a keeper

5. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    The game appears to be broken on my 4S for me. After about 5 minutes it stopped giving me objectives, so I can't progress (open rooms, etc). On my iPad this isn't the case, I got to vegabond no problem. Bugs?

6. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Should I buy this or wait for Organ trail and the Day I Tried?

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I was not so crazy about dungeon raid, but this is fun. Fast paced, pitfal art, retro music, tough fast.

Great find!

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, very addicting. I liked Dungeon Raid but didn't get all crazy into it. This is fabulous. Extremely well thought out and probably one of the best combinations of puzzle and rpg that I've ever played.

9. Plynx

Plynx Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Buy armor

10. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Haha yea, 10000000 is match 3 on Speed.

4.4 million, half way there! Time to rest, my hand hurts and my score keeps getting lower.

11. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    This game is amazing! I am enjoying it way more than dungeon raid. I love these unexpected surprises. The intense speed, the upgrade system, and the objectives really makes this game addicting.

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Fun game..but I realized I suck at these... :p. Lol..

13. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    This has happened to me at the end of Dungeon Crawler. All objectives clear, thought it was because I hadn't killed the red dragon. Now I've killed the red dragon and it's still just a blank.

Overall, I like the game, even though I suspect the above is breakage. It's addictive.

I'm having control issues on iPhone 4, though--sometimes I don't nail the row exactly right and it won't slide (hasn't been a problem for columns), stopping quickly in exactly the right place with such little cells is very difficult, and if I don't quickly assess whether to use wraparound or not, it's super-common to run out of room sliding the row--in which case it snaps back to original position.

My guess is I'll like this better on iPad where at least the hit targets are bigger.

14. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    This game is awesome despite silly name and icon. Also what exactly do you get for matching chests i still dont get it :eek:

15. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    You mean the purple icons? You get experience by matching them.

Or do you mean the physical chests during the stage? You get money or items.

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    You get items along the top right hand side of the screen that you can use.

After having more time to play this (only played a couple of games last night) I've come to the opinion that this is absolutely genius. All the right components to make a really addictive game. The persistent upgrades and simple to learn but tricky gameplay.
    IMO this is the best game of the week and it was a total out of nowhere suprise.

17. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Wait, is this like Dungeon Raid, or not? The most important thing about Dungeon Raid is that it's a strategy game, you get as long as you want to choose each move. It sounds like people are saying that 10000000 is a real-time game, you have to move fast or the game proceeds without you. Which is it? I'd love a "spiritual successor to Dungeon Raid", but not if it plays in real time.

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes it's real-time rather than turn based. Still quite good though IMO (I prefer turn based games really).

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    For those of you who have had problems with missions missing - have you noticed that at the mission screen, just before the dungeon, there are arrows to either side of your current rank? You can go back and forth between them at any time.

Unless it's an actual bug, this might be the problem - you might still be looking at the old rank, which you've already completed all the missions for.

20. Chiskle

Chiskle Active Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Played it for hours, all afternoon and evening on iPhone 4 with no bugs or issues. This is polished. Only wish there was a pause function so I can answer my wife's questions from time to time. But now that she's playing it, our marriage is back on track! Holy hell is this a great game.