$100 total to 4 winners for playing base builder game

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by stevepyoung, Apr 4, 2019.

1. stevepyoung

stevepyoung Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 29, 2014
    Indie app developer.
    Bay Area, CA
    Hi all, we're trying to improve this game and we thought no better place than on TA!

Quick video of the game:

Download the app:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1292135105?pt=118833137&ct=Touch%20Arcade%20Contest&mt=8

Please reply to this thread with...

1) One thing you like about the app
    2) One thing you would improve about the app

We will award the 4 players $25 via PayPal or iTunes Gift Card.

Winners:
    2 winners for getting furthest in the game by Monday, April 22. Make sure you post a screenshot of your high scores.

2 winners for best feedback.

You can win for both categories. Winners will be chosen on Friday, April 26.

sh0r and ip4weather like this.
  2. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #2 ip4weather, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    thanks for contest Steve :)

1.this game really reminds me to PC game "Generals" and i like that,there is so many upgrades(buildings,units and many other things).Zooming option is very good specially for small idevices like mine 5s...
    2.only thing that annoying me is small time remaining when attacking someone base...please if you can do something about that.

3. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    looks pretty awesome tbh.
    don't know if I'll have time to play, though :/
    good luck anyway!

4. sh0r

sh0r Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Programmer
    Great contest!
    1) the app have support for big screens! works great on iPhone Xr, and it´s easy to learn to play. also good sounds.
    2) graphics can be improved, don't get me wrong, I like the style, but some graphics don't look good (for example the GEMS).

I'd try to get play more and then send a screenshot of my progress!
    thanks

5. geniusx

geniusx Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    1) on first try i think it was like any other strategy game but more i playing more i like it,game with big potencials and good gameplay,i unlocked my first heroes and i now game starting very interesting.

2)dialy rewards can be better and game somethimes crash afterloading screen.

6. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    1) The game is an interesting take in Clash Of Clans series with space thematics.
    There are plenty of weapons, ships and heroes aboard, so you can make a unique strategy for yourself. Plus, for every completed task there are good rewards.
    2) at first it’s very slow and every attack turns to pain.

7. SwagWin2011

SwagWin2011 Member

Apr 9, 2019
    I've been playing it for awhile but since there is still a lot of time left I may have more feedback toward the end. Really enjoying it so far.

1. I like that there are so many different things you can upgrade and get to help with attacking. I guess that makes it good to plan out a strategy and focus on what upgrades will help the most.

2. I think having more tasks can improve the game. I ran out of tasks and I don't know if more will show up but it gives me more to do and they are fun to complete.

What do you mean by high score exactly? Is it the level we reach?

8. stevepyoung

Patreon Silver

Jul 29, 2014
    Indie app developer.
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks!

9. stevepyoung

Patreon Silver

Jul 29, 2014
    Indie app developer.
    Bay Area, CA
    Yes high score that you reach.

10. SwagWin2011

SwagWin2011 Member

Apr 9, 2019
    Here is an updated review after playing it over the past week:

1. I really like having a lot to build and upgrade. The achievements are great too because they let me work toward goals. Planning out your strategy to attack is fun since there are a lot of different ways you can do it.
    It has similarities to other games but also has its own unique style and mechanics. Sometimes it's nice to have to wait while your base builds and upgrades so you have time to sit back and think about better strategies. Most of the graphics are nice too.

2. It can be a little confusing as to what to do and what's going on sometimes. At first there were a lot of tasks to do that helped you along but those ran out quick and I had to figure out things myself.
    At first you gain rewards quick but after awhile it really starts to slow down.
    I completed all of the first stage but there seems to be quite a jump in difficult to the second stage. I should be able to do it after completing all of stage 1.
    I'm still trying to figure out if I can expand the area that I can build in because I've run out of space quick.

Will be back Sunday night to post my high score! Hopefully I don't forget haha
    Overall I like this game :)

11. sh0r

sh0r Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Programmer
    Here I send a screenshot of my current progress!

Attached Files:

12. SwagWin2011

SwagWin2011 Member

Apr 9, 2019
  13. Grimmsworth

Grimmsworth Active Member

May 29, 2016
    Hi. Here’s my review for playing the game.

1. “Brilliantly Addictive” The game is an amazing base builder. The upgrades and the buildings that come with the game makes it fun and addictive to play through. Wanting to achieve that big complex feel and planning every single detail like building placement, defense placements and managing your resources properly, raises it to the likes of other mainstream base builders. The use of different ships and pilots add to the wide array of elements to think about in this game. I love playing base builders that give a player that pick up and play feel, and make you see how your city grows and expands and how your defenses affect your city’s growth rate.

The graphics in this game is spot on. The open space feel while you play and the buildings that come with the game mixes well with the space exploration vibes.

2. While the game is enjoyable and almost everything falls into their exact place, I find some things a little too confusing after the start. As your progression continues, the time comes when you are left alone to ponder on the next objective to be done. The tutorial helped you through the building of the first required structure but afterwards, you are left to manage your next “to do list". This I find a bit tedious and perplexing.

The game does justice to the base builder genre at this point, with a few tweaks and some quality of life updates I think this will be my go to space builder like the star wars one that I really enjoyed. Thank you

14. stevepyoung

Patreon Silver

Jul 29, 2014
    Indie app developer.
    Bay Area, CA
    Congrats to sh0r and mudy247 for player level and Grimmsworth and Brightsiderus for feedback.

I will send everyone a PM!

sh0r and SwagWin2011 like this.