Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Bugs or no bugs, I'm buying it. They'll get fixed sooner or later so it doesn't make much difference.

2. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Same here. I looked through the thread, and it seems way to buggy to be playable at the moment. Also, I don't have $5 currently :(

3. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    agreed, i ended up buying it as well. with the promise of future updates, i felt like it was well worth the 5 dollars :)

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    It crashed again! :(
    Always on map 2. That's annoying. I will wait for the update!
    Really annoying.

5. Lions

Lions Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Designer
    DC
    Crashed again on first board. Did notice that it crashed just a few steps after equipping a buckler. And think at least one other time it crashed after I got a buckler in a previous game. Wonder if it's just the shield. Off to some testing. I mean gaming.

6. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    The description, "100 Rogues is an arcade-style dungeon crawling adventure for iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad" makes me think that if there is, it will be universal. But getting an official word would be awesome.

7. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Crashed once more, on second level. This isn't a matter of installing or reinstalling, so don't bother.

Also, is movement supposed to feel really clunky? It feels like it's... laggy, as though I'm on the internet.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If the icon doesn't have the little + sign in the corner, it's not universal.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's turn-based and tile-based, so that's why it feels like it lags.

Hopefully the developer will step in soon and explain what's going on with the crashes.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Agreed. It hurts a little but I'm still enjoying it for what it's worth. I'm sure the Dev(s) will address it in due time.

11. postmanmanman

Feb 14, 2010
    No, I understand that. I'm a... well, I'll just say I have an unhealthy amount of hours logged in various roguelikes. It literally feels like I move on to a space, the sprite (and camera) move a little too forward and then spring back to where they should be. It's bizarre.

12. Calisto

Calisto Active Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I'd imagine the devs are wringing their hands and cursing up a storm at the fact that this long anticipated release is going down the pan, fast.

13. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I downloaded it anyway! :)
    Plays great on my 3GS and it looks great on my iPad too!

Haven't encountered crashes on either device

14. postmanmanman

Feb 14, 2010
    I'm still confused as to how no one noticed the horrendous bugginess during testing.

15. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I have only played this on my ipad but I am having no problems. I have played three games and had no crashes or issues with saving.

I am really impressed with this game. Great touch controls, retro feel with wonderful characters and overall a blast to play. Damn this game is good.

16. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    The final beta build didn't give me any problems, so I'm a bit puzzled by the bugs. Trust me, if the stability was this bad on the build it wouldn't have been submitted.

17. Lions

Lions Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Designer
    DC
    okay, just played some more and it didn't crash while playing. Only thing I avoided was equipping shields.

...of course after dying it did crash just before showing the review of my kill stats. weird.

18. Blake.Reynolds

Blake.Reynolds Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    crashes

My name is Blake Reynolds and I am the lead artist and composer for 100 Rogues. Lead designer Keith Burgin and programmer Wes Paugh are running around like nuts today, so I thought I'd issue a statement as quickly as possible.

To anyone who is experiencing crashes, rest assured that this game has been an 18 month labor of love and we're far from finished. 100 Rogues will continue to get bigger and better, and that includes VERY regular patches and updates. You'll get your money's worth and then some.

Also, the game has been tested extensively, going through an alpha AND beta period with many testers (myself included) and I can testify that the game mostly runs very smoothly and is quite stable. Those of you who experienced crashes have just stumbled upon glitches we haven't seen yet. In a game this random and deep, a lot can go wrong.

100 Rogues has been my life for more than a year. The game's quality and future means just as much to us as it does to all of you.

Bear with us for the next couple of weeks. Fusion Reactions and DinoFarm Games will be taking care of you.

Sincerely,
    Blake Reynolds
    100 Rogues
    -Lead artist-

19. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I think I've found the source of all the crashes. If you look around, almost everyone in this thread who have been experiencing problems are on either an iPhone 3GS or an iPod Touch 3rd Gen. Maybe they didn't test on a 3rd gen device?

20. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I said it "will be" universal, not "is". At least, that's what the description would have me believe, also assuming they do have plans for iPad-native code at all.