Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    No, just 1 2 and then 4 6 8 etc

2. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Seems redownloading "fixed" the little display error with Skill Points. Let's hope it fixed the crashes, too, so I can enjoy this fantastic little game in all its wonderful glory.

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    W00t High score!

4. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Wow if the game didn't sell you before, that review definitely did. Buying now. :)

5. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Only things turning me off are:

-no landscape mode

-touching around the character to move, have loved swipe to move and cannot seem to go back...

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    What a gem! :D

(Had to get it off my chest)

7. Fletch11

Fletch11 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    #47 Fletch11, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
    Well it looks like I'll wait on a few patches as well a sale.

Wow talk about Karma

8. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    The game itself is fantastic, but it's constantly running really slow, as if it's on the verge of crashing.

And then it does.

9. postmanmanman

Feb 14, 2010
    #49 postmanmanman, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

So that happened when I tried to continue a game after playing Challenge mode.

I'm sure it'll be fixed by just starting a new game, but... I dunno. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but I'm really disappointed that a game this (relatively!) expensive with supposedly quite a lot of testing has so many bugs...

The worst of it is, this is a FANTASTIC game. I'm praying that, with a few patches, this game can actually be enjoyed.

10. Lions

Lions Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Designer
    DC
    love the game but the bugs are killing me. Below is my experience in the few minutes since it's been out. After looking below do you think I should try re-installing the game?

• 1st game I died on the first board. I was a noob and died. At least I was the first one to hit the high score for Crusader.
    • 2nd game, game crashed on the 3rd board. Restarted and continued game. Died on the 4th or 5th board. My high score didn't post for some reason. Even though I was 5k higher than anyone else. blah
    • 3rd game, crashed while walking on the first board (no continue option)
    • okay, something's going on here so rebooted iPhone.
    • 4th and 5th game (after reboot) game crashed on first board. (no continue option)

11. postmanmanman

Feb 14, 2010
    Reinstalling seems to have helped my crashing problems, but it didn't do anything for the other bugs.

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I actually dont mind the controls. they only take a few minutes to get used to. I wouldn't mind to see other control variations implemented as different options down the road for further customization, but they play very nice as is. No complaints.

As far as landscape, I like it as an option on the fly(flip oriented locked and unlocked) to switch it up at any time. 100 Rogues is still extremely fun as is regardless.

13. Lions

Lions Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Designer
    DC
    reinstalling now. *crosses fingers*

14. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I just downloaded it and for some reason I'm having an odd crash bug too. I start the game, select my rogue (let's say Pally) and the lovely music begins but the screen is black (by the way, the music is very SNES Zelda). I'm guessing something is supposed to be happening here, because it's quite a bit of time before the music stops. Then I see the main menu screen for a split second, and the game crashes.

I didn't download and install this over the air (wifi) I did it via iTunes through my mac. I also restarted my device after installation, and have also deleted and re-installed the game thinking it might help, but it's still the same deal.

Very strange...

EDIT: So I figured out what is happening. This bug occurs if you don't put in a character name. I didn't even notice the character name option at the top, I tapped the Pally bringing up the class information, then tapped again to proceed. The intro music plays but because there's no player name set it seems that the game still plays the music of the intro (no visual) and then crashes on the final "thump" of the bass drum.

15. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Damn, I had a nice run and the game shut down... :(
    Otherwise, pretty nice so far. Feels like a strange tv series somehow,
    because perhaps of the elevator music. It's a completely different game like Sword of Fargoal, for example. SoF is all about atmosphere, exploration, depth.

This one is a light game with more focus on strategic fighting.
    It's sweet :)

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Doing the same, since the crashing bug returned (didn't evens save my progress). I'm downloading it directly into my computer this time.

17. Calisto

Calisto Active Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I was waiting for months for this game but 95% of every comment is a crash or a bug. What the heck is going on??

18. postmanmanman

Feb 14, 2010
    Don't buy it yet, basically. Wait for word from the developers and hope this gem can be recovered.

19. rogerchiu

rogerchiu Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Assistant Manager
    Hong Kong
    Yeah.. I is up in HK store.. Just downloading.. before go to work.. :D

20. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    And....

I finally experienced my 1st crash. Fighting two Gypsy's, and went to make use of a pot and x__X!?!?!

Went to re-open game and load up from continue and it immediately crashed. :mad:

No good. :(