$100 gift card contest for review of Tictoku

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by tictoku, Aug 10, 2015.

1. tictoku

tictoku New Member

Aug 10, 2015
    #1 tictoku, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
    I am excited to launch a new app called Tictoku.

I am running a contest for only the TouchArcade forums for the next 14 days.

If you download the app, and leave a honest review you will be entered into a contest for a $100 amazon gift card.

Come back to this forum and leave your user name so I can verify.

thanks,
    David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XrzEJGWYgk

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id982909445

The basics for the game of TicToku was initially developed around 2005 by Dr. Richard Shuntich. He developed TicToku(originally called 7-to-11) primarily with the intent of teaching his grandchildren basic math and strategy skills in a competitive, quick-play game.

Dr. Shuntich was a psychology professor at Eastern Kentucky University and had a real passion for education, kids, and challenging puzzles. He published Richard’s Riddles word puzzles for many years in his local newspaper, The Richmond (KY) Register, and he was always searching for new ways to engage, educate, and challenge people’s minds.

Around the time of the development of TicToku, Sudoku was the Shuntich family’s game of choice. Since Sudoku doesn’t allow play against one another and some of his younger grandchildren had difficulty with Sudoku, Dr. Shuntich developed a two-player game that used similar concepts to Sudoku but could be played competitively by kids and adults alike similar to Tic Tac Toe. Within a short period of time, the game of TicToku was born. One of Dr. Shuntich’s sons, Douglas Shuntich, put together a game board with magnetic pieces for each player’s numbers. The grandchildren loved playing the game and were learning math and strategy skills at the same time.

After Dr. Shuntich passed away in 2011, another son, Dan Shuntich, became committed to developing and launching an App for TicToku. Now in App form, the mission of TicToku remains the same as Dr. Shuntich’s original vision, to help educate and challenge minds. The App is free to download, profits earned from TicToku’s in-game advertising donated to causes Dr. Shuntich supported (e.g., education).
    I am curious if you would try it out and share on your blog?

2. I don't think it is appropriate to ask for 5 star reviews. Having said this, grannies in their 80's needed a light thinking game and found it entertaining. Well done.

Reviewed in US iTunes. See pm.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've amended the post and spoken to the dev. Leave an honest review (you can't ask for 5 star reviews only)

4. tictoku

tictoku New Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Thanks moderator

5. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
    reviewed as polgosk on the US AppStore

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Crashes every time on my iPad Air.
    It happens after I have completed a game and it is supposed to go to the next game with a higher number. The game crashes after I tap 'next.'
    Two times, I have played through number 9.
    But all other times I have been able to play only one or two levels. (7 & 8)
    I have played, I believe, 10 times so far.

Information:
    Single player
    Easy
    iPad Air

7. serg30

serg30 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Reviewed as leighed in the US store.

8. ronit

ronit Well-Known Member

May 12, 2011
    Blogger
    US
    Crashes a lot on iPad Air. If you could fix it, that would be great.

Reviewed as Ronitvohra in the US store.

9. myers_37

myers_37 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Reviewed as Tronnasaurus on the Canadian App Store, thanks and best of luck :)

10. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    Reviewed as: JooDeth (US App Store)

11. Mayjanelle

Mayjanelle Active Member

Sep 23, 2014
    QA for HP
    BAY AREA
    #11 Mayjanelle, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Reviewed under MAYJANELLE

REVIEWED AS ;

MAYJANELLE
    USA, iTunes APP

Very fun! Pro level is a bit challenging for me at times! But I'm enjoying this! Still playing till now!

--still very addicting! I love this game! Whoever bozo is you're really good!

12. FightasticMG

FightasticMG Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Reviewed as Fightastic on US App store

13. XenoRed

XenoRed Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Posted my review as XenoRedI. Thank you for the generous contest.

14. Updated to version 1.3 on iPad mini 2 (no crashes for me). The added Challenging level is a lot better than Medium level, though I was still able to beat it. I will update my iTunes review.

15. wnaid

wnaid Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    review as ZynKroNizE in the US app store thank for the contest

16. Was there any announcements on results anywhere?

17. Mayjanelle

Mayjanelle Active Member

Sep 23, 2014
    QA for HP
    BAY AREA
    Love this game! It's my go to app whenever I have free time & always before bed and of course when I wake up.

Bozo player, you're very good at this game!