iPad $100 BurnBall Competition

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimHaines, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys,

A new $100 BurnBall competition is underway. There's prizes for the top 5 scores, and one for a random entry. To enter, all you need to do is play BurnBall, and post your score on the BurnBall competition page.

Make sure you RSVP as 'Attending', and join as a fan on the main BurnBall page if you haven't already.

If you enjoy BurnBall and the competitions, please invite some friends to the competition from the competition page. If we get a lot of entries (attendee's) then we'll keep running competitions.

Cheers and Best of Luck!

Tim Haines.
    p.s. We're still giving out promo codes on the BurnBall page as the fanbase grows.

2. G0tsk1llz

G0tsk1llz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I already got 6472 points. Hope I win :eek:

3. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    The last winner got 25,000 points I believe

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    In other words, you're screwed.

5. G0tsk1llz

Oct 5, 2008
    Aww, you guys are dream killers :mad:

6. dtekdahl00

dtekdahl00 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Hey Guys, I'm the previous winner from the BurnBall competition and I scored a 24,196. However I'm withdrawing from this competition to play a more active role in trying to get BurnBall some recognition. I'm not submitting ANY scores, so you should all enter. I got my $350 prize from Tim today, not a bad turnaround from a $2 game!

7. G0tsk1llz

Oct 5, 2008
    can you play for me :p

8. dtekdahl00

dtekdahl00 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I'd like to, I really would, but i'd have to play it on your ipod for it to count ;)
    You can mail it to me if you want!

9. We'll see how it goes. Only two people scored above 17,000 last time. One was dtekdahl00 who has kindly opted out of this competition, and the other was field5. I think Field5 may have a facebook allergy, so he may not enter this time round. :) We'll see. Anyway, there's 6 prizes, so don't get disheartened if someone gets a massive score - the other 5 prizes of $10 will cover the cost of BurnBall many times over.

Good luck!

Tim

10. The highest score is only 9323 at the moment, so you wouldn't have to improve too much to take the number 1 spot. :)

Tim.

11. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #11 Zincous, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
    I bought this game only because of this competition :)

It's pretty fun and addicting.
    I'm currently in second place in the competition after playing only 4 games.

I find it can be kind of hard to see which part of the board is colored in sometimes though. Would be nice to be able to change the contrast of the colors/background so we can play with what works best for us. As I am sure some people like brighter colors versus darker colors?

Also, up at the top, the rainbow bar is the progress meter of how full the level is correct?....Maybe adding a percentage number next to that would be helpful. (like 63% etc....)

Thanks!

12. Hey Zincous,

Thanks for your feedback on the level graphics and % bar. Both of those items have been earmarked for a future update.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. There have been some new high scores in the competition today. Good luck! :)

Tim.

13. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Your welcome, glad to hear they are being addressed.

Yeah I saw the new scores. I'll have to play some more to get back up into the top five

14. Hey Zinous,

Yep - I hope to add a bunch of improvements when I get some proper time to work on BurnBall again.

Good luck with those scores, some have just got pretty high.. Put an entry in anyway - even if not the highest score, because there's a lucky prize draw.

Tim.

15. rknash

rknash Member

Jan 12, 2009
    whats the current high score?

16. dtekdahl00

dtekdahl00 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I'll direct your attention to the competition page,
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=43259959931
    The current high score is 29,560. This will be validated at the end of the competition, but there are plenty of other prizes, so don't let the score scare you!
    Currently you need to beat about 12,500 to qualify for a prize.

17. It gets even better than this. You don't need to beat 12,500 for a prize - because there's a lucky draw too. Even if you enter a low score it puts you in for the draw. There's only been about 12 people enter so far, so you're in with a good chance.

I'm validating the 29,560 score now.

18. #18 wastedyuthe, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    New forum rules

"Don't beg/ask for promo codes or promote promo code giveaways and contests on other sites"

Thread closed.