$10 in 10 days via Paypal Review my App - Free Game iOS

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by pickled_onion, Oct 28, 2014.

1. pickled_onion

pickled_onion Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Part Time Programmer
    Sacramento, CA, United States
    #1 pickled_onion, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    Hi Everyone,

I want to do a contest to pick a winner for $10 in Paypal.

The name of the game is Crazy Chibi Spike Dodge.
    Contest end date is Friday, Nov 7, 2014

Thank you. Have fun and enjoy!

1. Download the game available on iOS for iPhones Only here: (Game is Free)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crazy-chibi-spike-dodge/id929311837?mt=8

2. Add a review for the game and post your App Store Username here on the forum.

3. Bonus. Anyone who writes a review which contains more than 25 words gets a 2nd name entered in their favor. (It's like having a second raffle ticket)

4. Looking for honest reviews of the game, anyone who drops me some feedback on here too (TouchArcade) to improve the game will get another ticket in the raffle. Potentially offering up to 3 chances to win.

Some Rules.
    Minimum of 10 unique users by the draw date or we may extend the contest a few extra days.
    Winner will be picked from list plugged into http://www.randomresult.com/ for fairness.
    We will end the contest on Nov 7 (unless otherwise stated we need to extend it) and will announce the winner on Nov 8.
    It is the winners responsibility to contact us with their email address to receive payment in Paypal, within 48 hours.
    If the winner does not contact us within 48 hours of the announcement we will re-run the randomresult for a new winner.

2. RickyBamBam

RickyBamBam Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Male
    Caregiver
    Chicago,IL
    Reviewed as RickyBamBam in the US Appstore. Hello there, I mentioned this in the review as well, but it may take a while before the review gets approved as usual. I just suggested that the spiky objects start off slower in the beginning, and as your score gets higher, the objects move faster as well. Which provides balanced game-play for all, and a pleasant gaming experience. Or, I just need more practice is all! :D Nonetheless, it's a fun little app.

3. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    You have to send the money using the GIFT option. That way, PayPal takes nothing.

4. pickled_onion

pickled_onion Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Part Time Programmer
    Cool so its' $10 via Gift is the prize!

5. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    Reviewed as: P s Y c H o N o V a (US App Store)

6. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Reviewed as pepperappz3108 on US AppStore
    Thanks

7. meto

meto Active Member

May 27, 2013
    Reviewed (with more than 25 words) as meto286 in the NZ Appstore. Thanks a lot for the contest :)

8. returnity

returnity Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Reviewed as returnity on the US App Store:

"The game is quite hard but addictive. Rules are simple: collect as many points as you can without getting hit. As easy as this may sound, you'll have a hard time pushing your record higher. This is definitely my new addiction!"

Thanks for the great game and for the contest, too

9. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    Reviewed as Williams yee in us App Store.

10. pickled_onion

pickled_onion Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Part Time Programmer
    Thanks everyone keep those reviews coming. The contest is about 1/2 way there.

11. pickled_onion

pickled_onion Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Part Time Programmer
    Thanks for the review williams yee, is there anyway you could help me describe what you mean by the random success pop up that you mentioned in the review? So I can address that problem but I need to know why it's there/or how it came up.

The speed is something I am going to have to adjust and play around with, was easier for me to play my game while testing since I caught a pattern, but those were my assumptions on difficulty that need to be tuned around.

The Twitter issue you're mentioning is it part of when you decide to cancel posting to Twitter and it won't let you leave Twitter and go back to the game without having to close the game and starting over?

12. rnarvin

rnarvin Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reviewed as rnarvin on the US App Store. Thank you for this contest!

13. Aseret

Aseret Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Reviewed as Otomeheart in the US appstore and gave constructive feedback, I'll look forward to the next updates :)
    Thanks for the contest!

14. pickled_onion

pickled_onion Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Part Time Programmer
    Hi I been looking at the reviews in my interface and yours hasn't showed up, I tried waiting 24 hours to check again and it's still not there, is it showing up on your end? I want to make sure you get proper credit for reviewing.

The last review I see is by rnarvin, I'll check again and I'm sure it'll show up soon, but just been checking.

15. Aseret

Aseret Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    That's so strange. I can clearly see my review when I check my itunes. I even looked thru my past reviews page on my account and I took a screenshot here:
    [​IMG]

That really is strange :O

16. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
    reviewed as LuccyG on the US AppStore

17. chain94

chain94 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    #17 chain94, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    Reviewed as chain94net in US App Store. Thanks for the contest! :D

I just want to help since I got the same issues.

About the random success pop up, it happens when I open the app. But while playing, it also suddenly pops up.

About the speed, you need to adjust it. It is way too fast. My suggestion is at first, the speed is slow but as the score increases, the speed should gradually increase as well to add up the challenge.

What I experienced was that it suddenly popped up even without me pressing the Twitter button. Yes, there is no way to close it the pop up.

I also found a bug (I did not mention this in my review). When the character dies because of the time, it sticks to the wall even after a new game has started. The only way to get rid of it is by starting new game from the home screen.

As for Aseret, I also do not see your review. Perhaps there is something wrong with the App Store.

So, pickled_onion, I suggest that when the contest ends, you wait one or two days so that all the reviews show up on the App Store. Then after that, you pick a winner.

18. pickled_onion

pickled_onion Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Part Time Programmer
    Hey chain94,

Thank you for the insight into the problem, this is good way to test, I think in future I might have to apply to test flight to get some pre-feedback before releasing the game.

These are all issues that I need to really address to create a fun game.

I do apologize to those who dislike the quality of the music upfront, as for sounds and graphics we're not a profitable indie studio yet so we aren't able to hire out the best in song write.

Aseret, and all others, I think it's imperative that I wait a few days before picking a winner to this contest because it does not seem that some of the reviews are showing up in the App Store on my developer page yet. I don't want anyone who wrote a review to miss being credited. I want to assume it takes a day or two for the review to propagate through the system, so the last review I'm seeing is currently rnarvin in the US store.

19. williamsyee

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    Hi,

This is the sample of success pop up message. Is totally random, this time is at menu screen. Sometimes at setting screen and etc.

Attached Files:

20. williamsyee

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    I think we all welcome developers like you that serious and putting effort into game that will work. If you really need help for beta testing in future, you may post a thread in upcoming forum. I'm sure lots of volunteer beta testers would be interested. :)