1 easy step - To Get Your Game Notice

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, Nov 22, 2014.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I just wrote that this site has a lot of developers on it and that is great because we can be a forceful community. I am an ideas person and it just came to me as it might have to you there is a way that we can use our numbers here to bring attention to the games we create. Of course we have to be willing to accept the good and bad that comes with that.

Here is the simple method to make that work

Each new game should posted here with the links and it should be visited by all of us. We should download the game, play it and give an Honest rating and review on iTunes and google play. It is as simple as that.

When I was an artist in Canada I used to visit art galleries to see other artistÂ’s work and when we meet we would discuss each others work. That was about 30 years ago but it worked because we shared opinions and we promoted each other to our own customers. Today we have this wonderful iworld. We can go online see and communicate with anyone in any part of the world and is an extremely powerful tool. A lot of us may think let others do it just like voting but if we want to be strong we have to act. In time this site will draw new developers from all over the world and there are millions of them and that in turn will draw 100s of millions of player because they will get info from people in the business. Like the Academy Awards. Nothing better than being judged by people in the trade. Think about, If you are satisfied with the way things are then do nothing, if you feel something that has to be done then consider my opinion or offer a better solution.

Tell your fellow developers about the idea an let the internet do the viral thing it was design to be for all of us.

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Your idea is sums up everything that is wrong with the ratings/review systems for the mobile stores. sigh...

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree. I ignore practically all App Store reviews as they mostly seem fake. Something like this would only make it worse

4. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I wish apple would remove positive reviews when you remove the app from your device.

I also wish it didn't count in search rankings so this behaviour isn't encouraged (in some ways if you don't you are shooting yourself in the foot).

This whole area is ugly :/

5. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    If you do it with a malicious intent of course it is wrong. I am sure there are many businesses that use this model and they are what is wrong with the web. If it is done in an honest way (and that is the only way I suggest) it is the same as having an audience in an America you've got talent TV show voicing their opinion. What is wrong with that?

I am sure that most of you here have never meet each other so you are at arms length in 2 ways. You don't know the people here and you may use a username which further removes your identity. So why should you voice any other opinion other than what you truly feel

You have a power as a group, as individuals you are grains of sand in a desert. Who better to rate a game than people who make games. In most cases they know a good game from a so so game and a bad game. Of course they can bad mouth it for other reasons but that is moral decision each must make. To remain silent and uninterested reduces if not eliminates your group power and reduces the forward force of this industry. We can say, no one does it so why should I or we can say is it a positive thing for this industry which I am a part of?