Þhrir - Tactical Card Battler [Free Alpha]

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by bentpin, Jul 17, 2018.

1. bentpin

bentpin Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    #1 bentpin, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    I am a solo developer working on a card game that I'd like to share with interested alpha testers.

You’re Making a Game, Huh? What Is It?
    Þhrir (pronounced Thrir) is a fantasy-themed card game designed with casual-to-mid-core players in mind.

Another Card Game? Why Do We Need It?
    I hear you, and generally I'd agree. Look, I enjoy Hearthstone and the like as much as the next person but I don't dig having to keep up with the meta. So I decided to create a game that focuses more on tactical, in-the-moment play, rather than forcing users to spend hours studying online just to be competitive.

Ok, Cool. Why is Þhrir Different?
    Each player has their own deck of cards, but only takes 18 random cards into battle. Each turn your top three cards are revealed, and then sent to your opponent. Likewise, you get their three cards to review. After reviewing them, they are turned face down and taken through a Three-Card Monte shuffle to mix them.

So while you know your opponent's cards, you have to keep up with their final position, because you each then take turns selecting the order that your opponent's cards will be played against your own. Cards then do special attacks followed by their regular attacks. Dead cards are removed. If you eliminate all your opponents cards in a round, while still having at least one of your cards on the field, you win that round. Win enough rounds, and you with the match.

Sweet. I Can't Wait to Sift Through Card Packs!
    Slow down. How you build your deck in Þhrir also makes it different from most other card games. At the start of a PvP match, both you and your opponent stake three unknown cards. Instead of earning blind card packs, or other kinds of loot boxes, if you win the match you see the cards your opponent anted-up, and you get to poach one to add to your deck. Play against others and win, and you’ll steadily build a deck you can mold to your liking.

Free-to-Play Shenanigans?
    None... scout’s honor. Þhrir will allow you to play against the AI for free so you can learn the game and how various cards work. Playing against other players will require a one-time IAP to access. But, during this alpha period, the game is free and will remain free for any alpha testers.

How Can I Help?
    First off, sign up to be an alpha tester. Since this is a closed alpha, you’ll need to either:

1) Message me with your preferred google-linked email address.
    2) Fill out this form with your information, or
    3) you can reply to this thread, and I'll reach out to you. Soon I’ll compile a list of testers, and send them opt-in links.

You can also tell others about the game and invite them to become testers, too.

(But let’s be honest, I wouldn’t refuse if you sent me truckloads of money).

Ha Ha, You’re Funny.

So, Is Þhrir the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread?
    Uh, no... but it’s getting there.

2. bentpin

bentpin Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    Help Alpha Test The Game
    Fill out this form to become a tester. And, of course, you can help by telling others about Þhrir!

Alpha Version In-Game Images

screen1.jpg screen2.jpg screen3.jpg screen4.jpg screen5.jpg screen7.jpg screen8.jpg screen9.jpg screen10.jpg screen11.jpg

3. bentpin

bentpin Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    I'm opening a second round of alpha testing. This time focusing on PvP matchmaking. So if you have a few moments to check out and help test a new game, please signup to be a tester at https://goo.gl/forms/FjPpUJcc9I1iyeFg2.

See you on the battlefield.

-J.L.