iPad £7, Real Football 09 or Sim City ?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smarti3, Jan 3, 2009.

1. smarti3

smarti3 Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Hi people i just wanted to know whether too buy one of these games. I have pro evo and like it, but have never played sim city. Which do you recommend ? I think sim city looks good but i've heard of bad controls.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Thats a tough one. Real soccer has a huge setback, the licenses are messed up, the latest update said they were changing them... but for the worse. There are no team shields, symbols and a lot of player names are messed up along with team uniforms.

SimCity doesn't have a problem with that, and its a great game, controls really aren't that bad IMO. It is very hard though to create a big prosperous city.

3. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I completely disagree.
    RF09 is a great game.

4. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    well, it does have great gameplay, but coming from pro evo with 90% of the licenses Correct. It's a huge turn off for buyers.

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    lol, who cares about the licenses, just because the players and stuff arent correct doesnt mean that its not a good game. Get real soccer, its way better.

6. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    "THATS WHAT YOU THINK!", seeing the game b4 the update it was insane, now playing with f.c. barcelona is only half as fun. This might be a turn off for soccer fans, maybe not to you... either that or you are special:)

7. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

I don't have SimCity but Real Soccer is 100% worth it even though the player's names are wrong

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

Real Soccer is so much better than SimCity
    SimCity is Laggy and Slow..I kinda regret Buying it
    but i have had a lot of fun with Real Soccer

I dont play it for the licenses,.. i play it for the soccer

9. raoupp

raoupp Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    If you're into football games, get real football. Especially if you never played simcity before...

10. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    really if ur a fan of soccer u do mind that the players arent correct
    but in terms of gameplay GET IT!

11. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    If you are a fan of PLAYING not watching I love both. It's great to now the real aspects of it strategy and so on, I don't know if I can shoot from this or that angle with trochni cause I can't decifer it in time while I'm playing, Thats the thing I love in Pro evo, kicking with your left or your right and all that stuff makes a big difference while playing.

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Please let me know how Real Soccer compares to Pro Evo in terms of gameplay (not license). I tried the DS version and for me it's nowhere as real as Pro Evo.

13. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Gameplay si very good, you don't have as many stas and strategies as in pro evo but there are enough. there also are numerous tricks that you can perform like faking a shot, you can also choos to view a replay like in pro evo, the graphics obviously aren't that good but they are pretty sweet for an Iphone game. There are cups and leagues, similar to pro evo but without a transfer market.

14. smarti3

smarti3 Member

Jan 3, 2009
    So you think i should get RF09 ? Ok then i might do but, what is sim city like ? is it fun or just boring ?

15. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    its not for fun and it isn't boring. It's pretty technical, if you have fun trying to control a society then get simcity, if you want soccer on your iphone get rf09

16. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Who cares about the authenticity of the teams? Real Football 09 plays very well and has intuitive controls. The graphics are some of the better on the platform and it's got plenty of depth in game modes and seasons. No offense to SimCity, a great game in itself. It's perfomance issue concern me.

17. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I do OKAY!?!?!?! just leave it alone if you don't care about those things, it annoys me to see some guy called Pomatchki who is supposed to be lucas podolski!!

P.S: SimCity got an update to fix the crashes, not sure if it helped cause it never crashed on me b4 the update.

18. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    it is so hard to compare those games, because they are from two different categories. at the beginning i liked real football 09 very much, it's a very good soccer game - especially, when you realize that this is made only for a mobile (great and fantastic one, but just mobile :)...).

but...

sim city just has so much more to offer. it's so cool that the game changes every time you start playing. in rf 09 after you learn some tricks, and all the controlling features - well, they didn't left you anything more to do. in fact, you are just bored and don't want to collect all cups.

finito.

19. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    It's fine if there aren't as many stats, strategies, transfer market, game mode, etc. And of course I wouldn't expect Pro Evo PS2 graphics on my iPhone. What I'm more interested in is the control, the physics, the feel of the game.

You know, in the past FIFA had better graphics, license, etc – but the gameplay itself sucks because it doesn't feel real at all. So does RS09 feel real? Does it feel like FIFA or Pro Evo?

20. menom

menom Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    photography
    London, UK.
    Congrats Smarti3

thats possibly the oddest match-up yet

football_game v Civilisation_sim

not saying it's an invalid question - just hard to answer

in the end, it's up to you.

What would you rather do? Play soccer or build a city?

Personally I'd recommend iPingpong 3D - but maybe that's too 'out there'