•Stick Escape™/lite success•

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by WellSpentYouth, Oct 5, 2009.

1. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I think you should invest the attention you got on this game on better productions for the future, like hiring someone that can make more professional graphics. good luck on your projects.

2. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Like the others on the thread... I deleted the lite version within minutes cause my eye hurts... No offense, but for a moment, i thought this is one of Kalid Shiekh's apps...

3. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    hundreds of thousands?

4. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I remember this game... I acually think it looks alright, but maybe add a bit of compitition :p

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I thought that sounded odd to. However, at one point I think this game had over 30,000 reviews and not everyone that tries a game reviews it. Although in this case, it seemed like people were down loading it, just to leave a bad review for it.

I have already stated how much I didn't like this game but I do admire your attitude.

6. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    The number 1 free game gets 100,000 a day and this was like the 4th for like a week.

7. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I am have (in the past) always used Core Animation, no OpenGL from me!

Yes sir! 300,000-500,000 in the US alone!

That depends, my biggest days was something around 65,000 just in the US. That was the day that I moved from 10th to 4th, but while I was steady at 4th, the numbers were closer to 40,000 per day in the US. It all depends on the movement.

Also, the #1 App around Christmas sells/downloads more than that same spot in, say, March.

Sorry guys, I didn't see your posts until just now, my bad!

Stick Escape lite 3.5 is out! It has a better (easier to read, shows in increments of seconds, instead of 15 seconds) clock, easier levels, and 2.2.1 compatibility.

8. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Umm.. What is the objective? From the video all i can see is alot of crazytapping on black stickmen!? Should it be that way? Another thing that seems really wierd is how this can be so popular when you think of the competition that i guess that you have to fight against in appstore.

I guess this title must be really really really fun or have some other secrets that reveal after a while of playing. Is the graphics part of the games charm? Should it look like that?

9. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    The objective of the game is to keep the stick characters on the screen for 1 minute. My apologies, that video is from the first version of the game, in the first update the graphics were totally changed and improved! There have been around 10 updates since that video. True, there are a lot of other games on the App Store, but as far as I know, my game is the only Stick Character game where you try to keep the characters on the screen by tapping them. I tried to come up with a unique idea :)

Some people like Stick Escape, others don't. It totally depends on the person. This was my first game and I didn't make it with any specific special feature, except that it is simple and fun. Like I said, the graphics in the video don't represent what is currently in the game, I would recommend looking at the screenshots in the App Store.

If you are interested, you can download the free version of Stick Escape!

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    You guys know what ?
    This guy (WellSpentYouth, ofcourse) has shown me how to take negative comments on ANYTHING!
    Way to go!
    Will post impressions about the update as soon as virtually possible :)

11. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Thank you! I would love to see the impressions, especially what you think of the new clock!

12. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Is it just me or is Stick Escape lite ALL messed up? The info and credits pages are weird and the timer isn't showing up at all!

13. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    zomg1

did you Try to re-install it ?

14. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Yes I did, it is still messed up! Is it not working for you guys either? I guess it is time to email iTunes Connect!

15. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    Weird

I installed mine and then when I clicked on it it would sa that the app is not compatible with my device. I have a 2g touch with 3.x os. Weird. Oh well. I got my $$ back from Apple on that one. Really wanted to try that one.

16. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I have a 2G touch with 3.x too, Stick Escape lite works for me! Are you talking about Stick Escape the full version?

This is crazy! Both Stick Escape and Stick Escape lite are 2.2.1 compatible and they are tested on 2.2.1 and 3.x and they both worked fine, but Stick Escape lite is all messed up!

17. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    #57 WellSpentYouth, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    I emailed Apple, hopefully they will respond soon!

18. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    Both!

I bought the full version. After I got my $$ back I tried the lite, and it didn't work either. It did on our iPhone, but not my touch.

19. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I am very sorry, I don't know what to say! I have had no complaints of the full version not working in the past! I'll pm about that.

I got a response from Apple, but apparently I used the wrong email address, I just sent out another email with the same content.

20. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Does anyone know how long [email protected] takes to reply? The first email address that I emailed (I forget which one) took only a few hours, it has been over a day! I lost a gigantic percentage of sales yesterday, so I know that this is affecting me.

When should I email them again? Is this email address backed up and I should just give them some time?