‘Galactic Keep: Dice Battles’ Create a Character Contest!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gildedskull, Oct 2, 2009.

?

Which character submission do you like the best?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. OPTION 1: Panther Uteri created by Walsh06

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. OPTION 2: Srretio’il created by MunkieSuthorn

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. OPTION 3: Trent Taylor created by VegantTNT

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. OPTION 4: Heheaeia created by Comassion

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Name: Heheaeia
    Species: Orthodon
    Class: Time Master
    Favored Weapon Type: Time
    Bio:
    I speak of Orloon. Orloon and Heheaeia, ancient and recent and will soon be enemies. My memories are of horrors that Orloon will never perpetrate. Orloon wipes worlds with worlds out of time. Billions never born. Billions born who would otherwise not be. Has Orloon killed those who never were? Do I kill those who would otherwise arrive? I have killed Orloon, and Orloon has killed Heheaeia, hundreds of times and never once. The contingency drive sustains and warns our past, future selves. We are the survivors of a time wiped. We come from what never was. We are here, the living paradoxes.

Orloon's obsession is moral perfection. A God of trial and error. Put dynex charges on the original singularity, see what happens. Contingency drive strains and groans and held and will hold us through it all. Does it matter that fifty or fifty-thousand universes never were if one is always there in the end?

Heheaeia must wipe the contingency drive by inducing the unsolvable paradox. Kill Orloon once and for the last time. Let one universe live out its time. Save everyone, and deny the chance for everyone else, or no-one.

Someone wins the lottery.

2. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

1. Name: Setrana
    2. Species: Orthodon
    3. Class: Time Master
    4. Favored Weapon Type: Time
    5. Bio:

Setrana was an up and coming time master of the orthodons and many said was quite adept at his skills. But the day before his graduation and appointing as an official time master him and his parents got kidnapped by Reouge Pirates. They forced him to tell them the secrets of time for them to use against their enemies. Setrana tried to resist but gave in when their threats turned to his parents. He managed to escape but his parents did not.

When the events were told the Orthodon leaders they banished him for telling of their secrets. He now travels on his own trying to make his way in the universe. He still holds some skills but without the neccessary tools it is hard to keep up. He has been searching for a way to be accepted again....

3. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that we'll be 'closing' to new character submissions on October 23rd (this Friday!) so if you've got a character bubbling inside you, now's the time to let him/her out!

Also, we'll be posting a new species update in the other thread very soon!

4. gildedskull

5. gildedskull

About an hour left to post a created character to appear in 'Galactic Keep: Dice Battles'! After 6PM EST, submissions will be closed. We'll post with our four choices later this evening.

Sketches of the four chosen characters should be done early next week and will be posted with a poll so you can chose the favorite!

6. farnsworthiness

farnsworthiness Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    #26 farnsworthiness, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    Name: B'kahak
    Species: Pakall
    Class: Hunter
    Favored Weapon Type: Energy Beam
    Bio:
    B'kahak is a hunter, through and through. After reaching maturity, he rejected the underlying tenets of the Coalition, believing that its existence was detrimental to the past and future of his family-group. Now a revered elder of his family-group, B'kahak has pursued years of research of time altering techniques. He uses those same techniques to travel through time and space, hunting for ways to alter the Coalition's dominance and bring his family to their rightful prominence within the other families of the homeworld.

He is careful and methodical about his kills and will have performed extensive mathematical calculations prior to executing his chosen victims. He will grow emotionally distressed when faced with a zero-sum situation and will act rashly, neglecting the resulting consequences. As a result, his travels are equally his acts to raise his family's stature and corrective measures to fix his mistakes.

7. farnsworthiness

Mar 7, 2009
    This is going to be a fun one when it comes out - I love the backstory being put into place!

8. Mudkipz223

Mudkipz223 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    name: Macarious
    Species: Gharsos
    Class: Hunter (or warrior, not sure which one applied to mercenaries)
    Favorite Weapon Type: Poison/javelin
    Bio: Macarious is from the home planet of the Gharsos, Etsonsos. He is a unique Gharsos in that his cloud's particles are made up of a substance poisonous to other creatures. Not much is known about his life when he was growing up, but one theory is that he was isolated and grew cold because of it. In the end, he became a mercenary working for anyone who could give him something unique to adopt as a part of his cloud. His usual form of attack is stalking his target and rushing in to surround it's face with it's cloud to poison and suffocate it. He makes sure to take at least one item from his victims. He is a silver cloud with many unique antiquities that compose his framework.

9. gildedskull

Thank you all for your amazing entries. Our top picks will be posted shortly!

10. gildedskull

Honorable Mentions (Runners Up):

Although these are not our top four, these entries were also staff favorites. Amazingly creative and well ‘mood-wrapped’ to the universe:

MunkieSuthorn: Rex Illru (post #8)
    Broski: Froz’el (post #10)
    farnsworthiness: Helmut Farnsworth (post #16)
    Walsh06: Setrana (post #22)
    Mudkipz223: Macarious (post #28)

11. gildedskull

Preliminary Round Winners

This was a VERY hard decision. Many entries were simply incredible: well written, creative, inventive and thick with the mood of the 'Galactic Keep' universe. This diverse selection were, in our eyes, the best of the bunch (in post order) and are our picks to go to 'Round Two', the vote:

Walsh06: Panther Uteri (post #2)
    MunkieSuthorn (Twitter winner): Srretio’il (post #7)
    VegantTNT: Trent Taylor (post #11)
    Comassion: Heheaeia (post #21)

The next step will be to give the four picks visuals to go with their descriptions, then we’ll set up a vote (Round Two) to decide which one will become a playable character in the game . More on that next week!

Any thoughts on the selections?

12. Mudkipz223

Mudkipz223 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    #32 Mudkipz223, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
    Sweet, honorable mention is good with me :)

13. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    This and DOOM Classic are the 2 games I really have my eye on... please release it as soon possible...

14. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    I quite like Trent Taylor - it's hard to go wrong with someone running around with neat blade weapons in a sci-fi setting.

I also like Heheaeia of course, but I'm biased there. Thanks for picking my entry for the top four!

15. gildedskull

#35 gildedskull, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    Galactic Keep: Dice Battles Create a Character Contest PART II

We've added a VOTE to the thread so that you can chose your favorite from the submissions pictured below. The vote will close in 15 days (Nov. 10th)! The character with the most votes will become a playable character in 'Galactic Keep: Dice Battles'. On the 10th, we'll post the winner's complete 'character card’ (front and back).

Pick your favorite and get the coolest of the four into the game!

[​IMG]

16. farnsworthiness

Mar 7, 2009
    You guys are just plain cool. I love how you've drawn in your rabid set of fans with the different promotions - the weapons and now this. Thanks for nominating my char idea into the Honorable Mentions!

You've covered player and npc races and classes in this and other threads. Have you given any thoughts to other animals / creatures or beings that a character may encounter as they make their way through the scenarios? Might be fun to open the gamespace up to things other than characters...

Heheaeia has my vote, btw.

17. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    is this released yet? lol...

I wish i made the character contest, just started checking out the forums...

I personally would love to see a D&D version of this, ive always liked the idea but could never get into going to a comic shop or something and playing it

18. gildedskull

Yep, there are quite a few 'wild' creatures in the game ('creature' is another class). There are S, M, L and XL creatures...thus far. Walking, flying, crawling, levitating, time-space distorting...they'll all be in the game.

We'll probably go into more detail on a few at some point in the other thread!

19. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

well this is going well. A tie all the way through. At least i got some votes.

20. gildedskull

...wonder if it would be possible to do a live video dice roll as a tie breaker. Highest score of the tied entries wins.

...or I just use my vote to break the tie ;)