‘Circuit Strike.One’

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DieseliPhone, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pal Van Marrsterhausen

Pal Van Marrsterhausen Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Yes, I've been playing games from the NES - PS3

2. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #42 le'deuche123, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
    Well let's see....Deuche is the douche bag way of spelling douche. So I guess it means "The Douche" hmmm... And a Douche is..................

Anyway circuit strike looks like it's going to need some room over by blue attack on my springboard!

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    no tengo ni idea porque escogiste ese nombre. estas insultando a si mismo!

4. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    You'll understand when you grow up:D

It's called self deprecation.

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Sorry, gang. I had to run into a meeting, and it sounds like I missed absolutely no discussion about the game :rolleyes:

6. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Sorry Big Albie.........I let you down:(

On topic, I don't know how one would control this game, I'm really interested in finding out how he's going to implement that.

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    No worries...here I thought the dialogue had evolved a bit.

I don't know about the controls. Like I said Dropship's controls weren't the greatest for me. On that note, 2079 uses similar controls where you have the touch pad that controls the direction of your ship, but they seem more responsive.

8. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Actually now that you mention it, I think the dropship controls would work perfectly for this. They weren't so hot with all those walls, but they would work well with the amount of open space and the maneuverability that you have...just a thought.

9. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    This the least productive topic I've seen in awhile it's interesting how frustrated people will get when someone does agree on an opinion, but anyways for all you guys who are TRYING to get back on topic by saying the same thing ten times over and over(i.e "what are the controls like") here is your answer: http://www.hgrenade.com/circuit_strike/

Scroll to the bottom of the page and it'll tell you or just read...

Crazy what your eyes can do when you open em' and look, am I right? :)

10. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Damn maybe I should start up six what should I buy with xxx amount threads....but thanks for pointing that out.

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Come on, you know we're all too lazy to do that. Arn usually does all that hard work for us.

12. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
  13. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    w00t!!

14. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    You only see Sup Bitch?! when you die so don't die! No sucking! Hopefully the gameplay and control is solid cause the presentation is great.

15. Pal Van Marrsterhausen

Pal Van Marrsterhausen Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I can see your point! :) But this does look like the kind of game that "dying" is par of the course. "Sup' Bitch" has to go! apart from that this looks like a great game and look forward to it's release (minus sup' bitch of course).

16. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Thank you Chillingo...another A+ title to add to their belt. Sup bitch has to stay. It's contemporary cultural pastiche. Leave it.

17. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Damn... 6 pages of nothing, haha! I thought I would jump in and let you guys in on some inside info.

Sup bitch is a nod to Gears of War 2. And it is not the only way the System Admin will insult you when you die and you will die a lot. When the video was recorded it came up repeatedly and I just didn't feel like reshooting it again : ) It also says Pwned, Terminated, Consider Yourself Recycled, and we will be adding a bunch more so that its not too repetitive.

The bad english that some people are getting all upset about was a nod to "All your base are belong to us"... I can't believe that you nerds don't remember that. There were photoshop remakes, T shirts, a song and someone even made a video out of the whole scene. Maybe it only travelled in certain circles on the net, but I thought it was pretty much everywhere.

Anyway, a lot of the text is changing and some will be audio from your ship's onboard nav in sexy female computer VO and the rest will have to be a surprise : )

The controls are very similar to Asteroids with the exception of analog input for rotation. You will be able to set acceleration and rotation sensitivity and the analog dead zone and more to completely customize the setup to your skill level. It is not an easy game at first but it is well worth learning because true flight skillz will earn you more points and the top spots on the leaderboards. Bullet time is the clutch move. Own that you and you will be truly l33t.

Camping is for poser _______!

PS - A new video is in the works and the game is getting closer and closer to final. Chillingo and h.grenade will not release this game until it is completely polished and fine tuned.

Thanks to "The Douche" and everyone else here on TA, I hope you guys like final game, it has been a massive effort to make this happen and maintain my sanity ; )

Anyone here picking up RE 5 on Friday night? The demo was amazing and truly next level co-op play.

18. foolishwolf

foolishwolf Member

Mar 11, 2009
    marketing intern
    Ohio
    Thanks for the input!!! Can't wait to pick this up.

19. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Shay is that you??? RE 5 I wish, I've recently had to downgrade back to a PS2. It sucks....hence the need for great Ipod games like CS one.

20. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    none other. PS2... I feel your pain Mike : ) I had some of the best times on PS2 SSX Tricky, Jet Moto, Gran Turisimo, Devil May Cry, RE, Tomb Raider, SOCOM, NFS, some of the best titles to this day.