Guys, guess what, I made sure to check my audio settings before recording this week which officially earns me one platinum Flappy Bird medal. This week we talk about the significance of Flappy Bird, the intense themes found inside of the game, and much more. Oh, and cool new games released this week while spending a hefty amount of time talking about dramatic paid to free to play conversions, King's recent activity upping the ante in its trademark wars, and tons more.
If you've been having trouble with our podcast feed, it seems like the way to fix it is by unsubscribing and resubscribing in your podcast management app of choice.
Don't forget to shoot us emails with any questions, feedback, or anything else relevant or irrelevant to firstname.lastname@example.org. We read 'em all, even if they don't make it into the podcast.
As always, you can listen to us with the links below... And if you like what you hear, please subscribe and/or drop us a review in iTunes. Much appreciated!
- A Darker Shade of Red [Free (HD)]
- R-Type II [$1.99]
- Endless Surf [$0.99]
- Dungelot 2 [Free]
- Card Wars - Adventure Time [$3.99]
- Still Miffed About the New 'Dungeon Keeper' for iOS? Well, the Old 'Dungeon Keeper' is Free on GOG.com
- 'Out There' Submitted to Apple, Will Support iPhone as Well as iPad
- What's the Difference Between a Paid and Free Game? A Few Thousand Downloads Compared to Over a Million
- 'Threes!' Is Getting The Way it Displays The Next Card Tweaked
- Square Enix Montreal Reveals 'Hitman GO' for Smartphones and Tablets
- 'Surgeon Simulator' on iPad will Have Eyeball Surgeries
- 'Angry Birds Stella' is Rovio's New Angry Birds Game
- 'CandySwipe', a Game Released Two Years Before 'Candy Crush', is the Latest Victim of the King.com Candy Trademark "Saga"
- Despite Removal From App Store, 'Flappy Bird' Mania is Stronger Than Ever
- 'Flappy Bird' Creator Finally Speaks, Says He Pulled the Game Because it Had Become "An Addictive Product"
- 'FlapMMO', 'Maverick Bird', 'MegaFlap!', and 'Floculus Bird' are Among the Best Games to Come From the Flappy Jam