This weekend was a big one if you're a fan of NFL football, as the final 4 teams in the playoffs battled it out to see who's going to the Superbowl this year. Sadly, I'm still feeling like I was punched in the stomach after my Niners played an amazing defensive game only to fumble a punt return in overtime and set up the NY Giants for a piece of cake winning field goal. It sucks to see two teams play such a great game only to have it end on such a sour note.

However, as bad as that was, it was far from the biggest blunder of the conference championships this weekend. Ravens fans, you know where I'm going with this. After taking the fight to the mighty Patriots all afternoon, the Ravens put together an impressive late game drive to put them within a short field goal distance to tie the game and send it into overtime. Seriously, this field goal was basically a chip shot that 99% of the time any NFL kicker could make blindfolded. Unfortunately for them, the Ravens kicker fell into the other 1%, when he shanked the kick and missed the field goal - sans blindfold.

So what's all this sports talk have to do with iOS gaming you ask? Well, Full Fat Games has just released NFL Flick Kicker [99¢/HD], which, if you so choose, will allow you to reenact the biggest missed field goal of the entire NFL season. If you're a Ravens fan, this sort of thing might be akin to rubbing salt in the wound. So, you can go the other way with it if you want – play as the Ravens and pretend he actually made that field goal, and then daydream your way to the Superbowl. You're always a winner, as long as it's in your mind.

Don't worry, if you're not an NFL fan there's still plenty to enjoy here. Full Fat has basically perfected the flicking sports genre over the past couple of years, starting with Deadball Specialist [99¢/HD] back in 2010 and extending to many additional titles across several different sports since then. They've even previously utilized their NFL license on the opposite end of the spectrum with NFL Flick Quarterback [99¢/HD], which put you in the roll of the ball thrower rather than the ball kicker.

I've been having fun with NFL Flick Kicker so far. It doesn't really do anything drastically different than previous flicking games, but it does have a nice character progression system and several different modes to play through, as well as Game Center achievements and leaderboards.

If you've enjoyed any of their previous games, chances are pretty good you'll enjoy NFL Flick Kicker as well, especially if the official NFL licensing does something for you.

  • http://twitter.com/booch138 Booch138

    I actually watched that game yesterday with a household full of HUGE Ravs fans, and if they weren't Ravs fans, they were SUPER Anti-Pats (including myself). My best buddy actually started crying hahahahaha. I recorded it on my iPod, planning to make million on YouTube (jk) but he made me delete it after he saw me recording him hahahaha.

  • http://twitter.com/VULTR3 Mike

    It's okay, the Niners' Williams choked as well! Hahaha

    • Anonymous

      Yeah will they be releasing "NFL Flick Punt Returner" as well?

  • Murderin Murphy

    Pathetic endings to two evenly-matched games.

    DAMN YOU, NINERS!!!